Itch 2.0 is in Public Beta - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

haze... thats actually pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

I've just started noodling. very stable so far. my favorite new feature is the sync/phase meter thingy. its a nice easy visual cue as to the relative sync of the track.
    i have always preferred the night mode with fullscreen horizontal waveforms of Itch, so the other displays dont really do much for me. I could see how someone who rocks ssl would be super happy to have a similar layout, but for someone who has just been using itch, i have always thought the full screen, stacked waveforms are the perfect interface, and make traktors completely separated and parallel waveforms seem really useless (had to take a little shot there).
    I am also feeling itchy for a button controller for the sampler. kind of a useless toy if i have to click a tiny button on my screen.
    so far, it terms of real power and usefulness, it seems like a mild advance. so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sardu View Post
    I've just started noodling. very stable so far. my favorite new feature is the sync/phase meter thingy. its a nice easy visual cue as to the relative sync of the track.
    I've noticed an improvement in the sync function as well. Lots of whining at the Serato forum because of the supposed drastic changes it underwent, but the tech guys there insist that users keep playing around with it, and that it's more advanced in this version. (They're right)

i have always preferred the night mode with fullscreen horizontal waveforms of Itch, so the other displays dont really do much for me. I could see how someone who rocks ssl would be super happy to have a similar layout, but for someone who has just been using itch, i have always thought the full screen, stacked waveforms are the perfect interface, and make traktors completely separated and parallel waveforms seem really useless (had to take a little shot there).
    I'm totally in the same boat as you. Totally. Even a plugin for Traktor that would provide horizontal/colored waveforms like ITCH's would make me seriously consider making the jump, but until then, I'm perfectly content with ITCH. We're probably setting ourselves up for insults from beatmatching purists, but the end result is very clean transitions thanks to the horizontal stacking and a little bit of -/+ nudging.

I am also feeling itchy for a button controller for the sampler. kind of a useless toy if i have to click a tiny button on my screen.
    so far, it terms of real power and usefulness, it seems like a mild advance. so far.
    I have a strong feeling that MIDI mapping will be available in future releases. The Bridge is pretty much a definite integration, and that will open up what we'll be able to do externally; so I wouldn't sweat it.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by B Linus View Post

I have a strong feeling that MIDI mapping will be available in future releases.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

So I downloaded 2.0 beta to give it a look seeing that I will be getting the Twitch soon.

So I install it, load it up and realize that it only works properly with the hardware plugged in, which of course I don't have yet... dope...
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    So I downloaded 2.0 beta to give it a look seeing that I will be getting the Twitch soon.

So I install it, load it up and realize that it only works properly with the hardware plugged in, which of course I don't have yet... dope...
    Lol, me too. Except I knew that was going to happen from already having 1.7 installed (used it with my mate's VCI-300 to see what it was like).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Lol, me too. Except I knew that was going to happen from already having 1.7 installed (used it with my mate's VCI-300 to see what it was like).
    Yeah I guess I'll just have to wait for my Twitch to arrive and try it out then..

Btw dude, Next week I'll be heading to your side of the world, Barcelona!

I'll be there on the 25th for the day. My ship is going to be spending the day there, I can't wait, its an awesome city man!
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

No way! Got plans? Want to grab a beer? PM me!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Well, this is interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ3DEKMQ-rE

Edit: additionally, here's a demo & brief description of the easter egg within 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kji_G-AyVIY

I have yet to try this
    Last edited by B Linus; 07-24-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Tech Guru

I believe the Ipad can only control keystrokes. So you can access loops, cue points and most important the SP-6 sampler.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast