Dj Tech DDM2000 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dj Tech DDM2000

Tech Mentor

While I know it seems hard to believe they actually make great mixers at those prices. They are not pioneer or allen & heath but they are good for the entry level dj looking for some gear to practice on and they actually sound good.

I for one can vouch for the x10 mixer having seen it in action and owning one as well Phil over at digitaldjtips.com did a review and video on this exact mixer and even Gizmo over a skratch works has one of these. The sound is warm and loud enough and this mixer has great functionality.

This is actually my first kit and along with a x1 it is awesome to use I got it for 150 used from my DJ mentor who lets me practice on his pioneer djm800 and xone db4 so I can tell you that the sound is not the best but more like average.

I will be getting the ddm2000 along with another x1 at the end of this month and will let you guys know about the experience. I will even let my DJ mentor take it with him to a club or gig to give you guys a fair assessment.

Don't knock the gear until you try it

Tech Mentor

Oh and right now this setup x1 and x10 is a awesome deal because for 500 you get a 2ch mixer, usb hub, sound card and x1 with a upgrade to traktor pro 2 that is really hard to beat. Throw another 300 into the mix and you can add two krk 5's .

I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like USB audio is only selectable on channel 3

from the pictures i gleaned ...

CH 1 MIC/LINE
    CH 2 LINE/PHONO
    CH 3 LINE/USB
    CH 4 LINE/PHONO

which seems to be pointless for a digital solution, i mean how do you control the various tracks ... i also didn't see any MIDI mentioned, in fact it says it's an analogue mixer ... therefore i can't see a market for this ?????
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

So what's supposed to be so good about it? I don't see the appeal.

(master volume on a fader? gross.)
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Yeah, that's one of the stupidest thing ever. Managed to accidentally knock the master fader back when playing on a DJM600 recently. If you're gonna copy stuff, you probably shouldn't copy the design flaws.

And I also agree on the point being made on stealing the name of a mixer which is crappy in the first place. Gemini calling their CD-players CDJ makes sense. This doesn't.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

From my experience with the x10 it is not midi it is analogue but once connected it recognizes the sound card in traktor and you select the external mixer option in traktor much like you would do with the djm800 and audio 10. So I assume this is the case with the ddm2000.

My only gripe with my x10 is that the eqs are not 100% cut. But the faders are like butter on these and have curve adjustments oh and are replaceable with inno faders.

Are there any mixers out there that ain't innofader compatible? :P

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    So what's supposed to be so good about it? I don't see the appeal.

Not appealing at all, unless your 14 and broke.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

amidoinitrite

why not just mix internally w/ tractor and get a decent controller?
    If you need inputs get a soundcard w/ extra inputs.

Because mixers are awesome, that's why!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast