iPad Midi Fighter files - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

used the latest 1.5.4 uploader!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DjYanaki View Post
    used the latest 1.5.4 uploader!
    oops didn't have deck B assigned to the right midi in and out! Works great! kudos

Tech Student

when i go into audio midi setup on my mac i see the iPad there but the connect button is greyed out. How can i possibly get this to work? Ive gotten the template to sync I just can't get it to connect with my comp or traktor, I've even tried making a ad-hoc network and still no luck

Quote Originally Posted by nicoga3000 View Post
    I loaded this up and started to use it yesterday, but I run into some bizarre issues (with all TouchOSC templates I've noticed). It just doesn't communicate right - I've loaded the .tsi file, I've connected my iPad, and it registers most of my touches, but it starts to freak out when I multi-touch, and sometimes it registers over on deck B when I'm clearly on deck A.

I think it may just be general OSC problems, as I said before, but I have no way of knowing. Is there a good way to troubleshoot this? This template is super bitchin, and I really want to make use of it, haha.
    I realize this thread is a little old, but I've been looking at it quite a bit today to set up my own iPad.

Nicoga, have you tried disabling the multi-gesture controls in your iPad's settings? That might help get rid of the strange response issues you mentioned. There's also the question of how good one's connection is between the two devices - my internet is rather spotty, so I don't have a stable connection.

Default Ipad Midi Fighter W/ Kontrol s4

Hi can this be done connected direct to the Kontrol S4 midi instead of wifi since there is not always Wifi available?

hey guys,

i simply cannot get my iPad connected to my mac in audio/midi setup. When clicking network, my iPad shows up in the directory column. once I've selected it, it says its connected and then a couple of seconds later, an error message pops up saying 169.254.4.248:5004 didn’t respond to the connection request. It also says check your firewall settings - which i have now turned completely off.
    On the iPad there are two ways i've tried connecting, one with OSC, using my hostname but I'm unsure which ports i need to use.
    Then theres midi bridge using touchosc bridge and then selecting the correct in/out ports in traktor. Neither seem to work.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? it sounds like a port issue as the iPad doesn't sustain a connection longer than a few seconds?

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaca69 View Post
    hey guys,

i simply cannot get my iPad connected to my mac in audio/midi setup. When clicking network, my iPad shows up in the directory column. once I've selected it, it says its connected and then a couple of seconds later, an error message pops up saying 169.254.4.248:5004 didn’t respond to the connection request. It also says check your firewall settings - which i have now turned completely off.
    On the iPad there are two ways i've tried connecting, one with OSC, using my hostname but I'm unsure which ports i need to use.
    Then theres midi bridge using touchosc bridge and then selecting the correct in/out ports in traktor. Neither seem to work.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? it sounds like a port issue as the iPad doesn't sustain a connection longer than a few seconds?

Any help would be appreciated.
    UPDATE:

Hmm im not sure what I've done but I've managed to get some functionality now -

I'm connected via OSC on the iPad using port (outgoing) 8000 and port (incoming) 9000.
    When opening audio/midi setup, it manages to stay connected now. (under live routings I've selected network session 1 and network session 1)
    So now, when i move the fader up and down on the mac, i can see it moving on the iPad. BUT - when trying to move it on the iPad it doesn't move the fader on the mac!

OK so it sounds like some kind of incoming/outgoing port issue. I'll carry on playing around for a bit but any suggestions welcome!

right done still not sure what I've done but hey!

Banned

I don't have an iPad yet, so I'm not sure what software is available. But if you can get software you like, there's your interface.

Thanks for the midi map man. Installed it no problem, works on both decks, etc.

Quick question...I changed the look of your TouchOSC file slightly...colors, labels, etc. The integrity of the label #'s, etc. were all perfect and did not change. For some reason, if I run your OSC file, both decks work great. If I use "my" version, deck B does not work. I'm using all current software. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast