iPad Midi Fighter files
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default iPad Midi Fighter files

Here is the files for the Midi Fighter on iPad.

http://www.divshare.com/download/15294620-4a8

You dont need Osculator.
    Make sure you are using TouchOSC Editor 1.5.2

Mac

On your iPad, make sure you’re connected to the network. This can either be your router, or an ad-hoc network running from your Mac. If you’re getting slow response times using a router, try creating an ad-hoc network instead on your Mac to link your iPad directly to your computer. Follow this guide if you want to create an ad-hoc network. To connect, press ‘Settings’ on the iPad, then ‘Wi-Fi’. From here you can choose from a list of available networks. Pick the one you’re using; either the router or the ad-hoc network you’ve just created.

Open TouchOSC Editor and upload the TouchOSC template to your iPad by using the ‘Sync’ function. There’s a commonly reported problem of people having trouble uploading templates though TouchOSC editor. If you’re having trouble, hexler.net recommend that you try uploading the template to your iPad using iTunes instead. Just connect to iTunes, select your iPad, click the ‘Apps’ tab, click on TouchOSC and drag and drop the template in. Once loaded, click the ‘Info’ button in TouchOSC and ensure that coreMIDI is enabled.

Open Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. If you can’t see the ‘MIDI Studio’ window, click Window > Show MIDI Window from the top menu. Double click the ‘Network’ icon and the ‘MIDI Network Setup’ window will appear. Select your iPad from the ‘Directory’ panel and click ‘Connect’. The default name for the network connection is ‘Session 1′. Change this to iPad in the ‘Local Name’ field.

Open Traktor, go to ‘Preferences’, then ‘Controller Manager’. Click the large ‘Import’ button at the bottom of this screen and browse for the TSI file. Ensure that In-Port and Out-Port on this screen are set to iPad or whatever you named the network session in ‘MIDI Network Setup’ for BOTH of these templates.

Windows.

Open TouchOSC Editor and upload the TouchOSC template to your iPad by using the ‘Sync’ function. There’s a commonly reported problem of people having trouble uploading templates though TouchOSC editor. If you’re having trouble, hexler.net recommend that you try uploading the template to your iPad using iTunes instead. Just connect to iTunes, select your iPad, click the ‘Apps’ tab, click on TouchOSC and drag and drop the template in. Once loaded, click the ‘Info’ button in TouchOSC and ensure that coreMIDI is enabled.

It’s recommended that you connect to your PC via an ad-hoc network, rather than through a router. To do this on Windows 7, you can use Connectify for free. It turns your PC into a wireless hotspot. Follow this guide for Vista, and this guide for XP to set up an ad-hoc network on an earlier OS.

On your iPad, make sure you’re connected to the network. This will either be your router, or the ad-hoc network you’d just set up and named. To connect, press ‘Settings’, then ‘Wi-Fi’. From here you can choose from a list of available networks. Pick the one you’re using; either the router or the ad-hoc network.

Download, install and run rtpMIDI. You should already see your computer name in the ‘My Sessions’ windows. If so, ensure the box is ticked. If not, click the + button then tick the box next to your computer’s name. Rename the network session to iPad. You should also see the name of your iPad in the ‘Directory’ window. Click it to highlight and click ‘Connect’. The name of the iPad should now be shown in the ‘Participants’ window.

Open Traktor, go to ‘Preferences’, then ‘Controller Manager’. Click the large ‘Import’ button at the bottom of this screen and browse for the TSI file. Ensure that In-Port and Out-Port on this screen are set to iPad or whatever you named the network session in ‘MIDI Network Setup’ for BOTH of these templates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYkaW3_jFKY
    Last edited by SloanY; 07-13-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 1.24, Vci 100 FW 1.4,Vestax PDX 2000,Vestax PMC 580 Pro. Audio 8 dj, iPad 2

Tech Wizard

thanks for posting this up for free. After seeing a video a couple months back I was really excited for this and the layout is designed very nicely.

I'm having a bit of an issue though and I'm wondering if the version I downloaded differs from the video. It seems like some of the effects are not the same as what are playing in the video. For example, the row of buttons that should be attached to the beatmatcher seem to be selecting a delay instead. Is this by design, or do I just need to switch the mapping to select the beatmasher instead? Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

What would happen if I were to use the small import versus the big import? I have other controllers I want to use along side this and I don't want to lose all of my personal application settings. Sorry if some of these questions seem a bit simple.

Thanks again for sharing the layout, really great stuff.

p.s. I'm kind of surprised nobody has posted on this thread yet! This is one of the better Traktor Touch OSC layouts I've seen offered on the web... And I've been searching far and wide.

Yes, when you import a tsi the effect select commands are linked to the order of the list of effects within your own preferences. You just need to change in the mapping the effect.

If you use the add button, just check the settings are the same as they are supposed to be for the mapping to be operational.

Tech Wizard

Is there any documentation floating around as to what those specific effects should be set to? I'm savvy enough to modify the MIDI mappings if I know what they are supposed to be. I'm assuming all the numeric values for each effect are already set as they should be and I just need to change the actual effect that is selected on the button press.

Look into the midi fighter section on the forum,there is probably a thread detailing those and the linked combos.

Tech Wizard

will do, thanks for the quick replies

You're welcome. You can also look at the blog entries when the IG mapping was introduced, especially the second article that may give you a better insight on the mapping and how the combos were set up.
    Hop, here it is http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/02/0...ced-modifiers/

Tech Convert

Default midi fighter ipod

can anyoe help how to set up the midi fighter for ipod, i am having alot of trouble, and am new to this, hope u can help plz

Tech Wizard

I have this thing working perfectly now. It only took me about maybe 20 minutes to reconfigure the mapping to select the correct effects. Works like a charm! Really great OSC layout, perhaps one of the best ones i've seen for Traktor thus far. It works as a great compliment to an X1.

Smile B Deck not Working

Hi thanks for the midi map for ipad , deck a works perfect but nothing on the b deck is working , any ideas.

cheers neil

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast