Im 16 i have £500 i want a good traktor/ableton setup and soundcard - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

check yourself before you wet yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    Too much of a geek to be a dj, too much of a dj to be a geek...... So I became a CONTROLLERIST
    It SOUNDs LIKE YOUR A WANNA BE DJ CAN YOU EVEN MIX ON TURNTABLES AND WELL ?? the way i c it is that if you can mix propery its ok to use trakor and controllers ....thoughts

AND A LOW LIFE

yes in fact I can. I can mix on vinyl and cdj's. I decided to start using a computer setup due to versitility... it allows me to be creative... carry less... have more music on me and still be able to rock a crowd.
    I think before you step in the dj world "lil buddy" you should learn the proper value of money and responsability.

And since you're 16 im going to automatically asume youve never played in a club if you can even mix. so technically your argument towards vinyl v laptop is rather worthless... you shouldnt be so narrowminded... people that have never touched a record before can probly shit all over you when it comes to rocking a crowd!!
    ive been djing for 3 years but i want to do more than just mix using turntable actually and ive done 2 sets at a nightclub ill upload a mix you can judge how good i am ok.

Tech Guru

2 nightclub sets?? but you're underage to even be on premises :O and how do I know its actually you playing?? I can get a set of tiesto if I want and claime it as my own....
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

2 nightclub sets?? But you're underage to even be on premises and how do i know its actually you playing?? I can get a set of tiesto if i want and claime it as my own....
    they were under 18 nights and i fuck up sometimes while having a mix does tiesto ?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jessemanaton View Post
    they were under 18 nights and i fuck up sometimes while having a mix does tiesto ?
    im pretty sure he does.... practise makes perfect though... I NEVER fuck up so that must make me amazing I guess
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

im pretty sure he does.... practise makes perfect though... I NEVER fuck up so that must make me amazing I guess
    no.

This is getting very petty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZnxT58aXkc

ibtl.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jessemanaton View Post
    no.
    how can you comment since you've never seen me play live and wont for at least 2 years... but since the drinking age might go up might be adding another 3 years onto that....

and yes tiesto does mess up... just you wont notice along with other people in the audience... a good dj will make a mistake and have no one notice because itll be covered up with style..

OP: I agree with a lot of the others on here - chill out.

Same goes for a lot of the allegedly older wiser heads on here (stifffy I'm looking at you amongst others here chap) - don't react like dicks, you're just lowering yourself. Admittedly, the OP hasn't exactly done a lot to endear himself to people but, he's a young'un, don't try and make out that you weren't an PITA on the odd occasion when you were that age ...

OK, for £500 I'm assuming you have a laptop & Ableton already? else that's your budget gone right there ...

I'd probably go with an NI Audio 2 for both Ableton and DJing software - try either Virtual DJ or MIXX to start off with I reckon as one is bundled with the Typhoon and the other is free.

Whatever headphones you've got will be fine to start with, and I'd probalby go for an Oxygen 8 for controlling Ableton.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    OP: I agree with a lot of the others on here - chill out.

Same goes for a lot of the allegedly older wiser heads on here (stifffy I'm looking at you amongst others here chap) - don't react like dicks, you're just lowering yourself. Admittedly, the OP hasn't exactly done a lot to endear himself to people but, he's a young'un, don't try and make out that you weren't an PITA on the odd occasion when you were that age ...

OK, for £500 I'm assuming you have a laptop & Ableton already? else that's your budget gone right there ...

I'd probably go with an NI Audio 2 for both Ableton and DJing software - try either Virtual DJ or MIXX to start off with I reckon as one is bundled with the Typhoon and the other is free.

Whatever headphones you've got will be fine to start with, and I'd probalby go for an Oxygen 8 for controlling Ableton.
    ive got pioneer hdj 1000s oxydgen 25 gr gen nano kontrol behringer vmx 300 2 numark tt100s and i wanna control trakor separately

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast