What do you look for in...headphones - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggers View Post
    isolation, circum-aural closed back, Sennheiser HD-280 pro will be my next headphone purchase, offers 32dB of attenuation, basically ear-defenders with drivers built in.
    I love mine. Super cosy. Sadly a bit too big and too light on the bass to wear out and about though. :|
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

im using the sennheiser hd25 1-II, been using it since... 2007? other than the foam padding peeling due to age and wear, everything is as good as new, it has travelled with me to many continents, been abused and endured many gigs, yet still rock solid as ever

i previously used the HDJ-1000 (pioneer) but the hinges broke within 3 months
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

I look for Xone: XD-53's. Massive drivers, great sound, and solid durability and you can grab them for $150 new. The only others I would consider are the HDJ-2000s and they get close to the xones with 50mm drivers instead of 53mm and a lot more $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I look for Xone: XD-53's. Massive drivers, great sound, and solid durability and you can grab them for $150 new. The only others I would consider are the HDJ-2000s and they get close to the xones with 50mm drivers instead of 53mm and a lot more $$.
    Note the A&H Xone XD-53 and the Denon DN-HP1000 are exactly the same headphones. Both sold to them by the same company and then A&H and Denon just stick their name on it.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Ultrasone does that do, but I forget the name of the other company that they sell them to.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Note the A&H Xone XD-53 and the Denon DN-HP1000 are exactly the same headphones. Both sold to them by the same company and then A&H and Denon just stick their name on it.
    ^^
    interesting.... but not a huge surprise in this modern world.

Well i use frequently those A&Hs and HD25s too. A&Hs are great for show off, they are huge and very robust. HDs are lightweight, tip better sound quality and their sound isolation is surprisingly good.

I use A&H for clubs and big venues
    I use HD25s for long gigs, studio mixing/recording, or when club booth speakers just sucks (although A&H are very sufficient for that as well).
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Ultrasone does that do, but I forget the name of the other company that they sell them to.
    Ortofon
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

I use AKG K181's for dj'ing and AKG K240's for home.

The 181's sound awful compared to the 240's but the are tough, isolate well and loud which is just what I need
    SC | MC

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Let's not forget Denon (actually D&M) bought A&H a few years back

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234