Pioneer DDJ-T1 VS. S4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

After checking out both units, The S4 completely blows the Pioneer out of the water. I do enjoy the Pioneers layout, but man is it build like a crappy child's toy. The S4 was bigger and meaner than I had expected. Definitely sold.

Tech Convert

I'll have to go have a second look at it and give it a try. Interesting subject though

Default S4

S4 for sure. Good price, beautiful piece of equipment. Well-layed out, perfect for Traktor users.

I find people funny, hate on cheap feeling items... must not have tried cdj 800 >.> cdj800 to me feels flimsy
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Wizard

hahhaaa the thing with cheap feeling items is that I really get into what I'm doing and love to work my gear hard and if I have something that's flimsy or cheap feeling, I just am worried that I will (and probably will) break it.

As an analogy, I'd hate to own a Faberge Egg - it may be very detailed and beautiful, but I would be so afraid that I'd break it and would be totally heartbroken when it happens. Something that lasts longer I'll at least get my money's worth out of before it starts to deteriorate.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUn1t View Post
    Thanks for the responses all!

Visiting family in MA right now and there is a nearby Guitar Center that stocks both the S4 and the DDJ-T1 so I'm gonna go have a look at both... I don't usually get the opportunity to look before buying as I live in VT out in the middle of nowhere.

The information you guys have provided is great for consideration, though, as I may be able to mess with the controllers for a few minutes, but you're input comes from more extensive use, not just first impressions.

Will give my impressions of both when I return
    which guitar center? im in ma and id be stoked to go check them both out.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    S4 = cheaper + more control + timecode support = Win
    + Analoge mixer capability + updates +

There's no reason to get a controller to use it as regular cd players! this is the new djing "we like it or not" (i'm a turntable person)

Finally recieved the s4 last night, nothing is flimsy or cheap. actually feels better than a lot of nice mixers out there. nobs are sturdy. 100% satisfied
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeats View Post
    + Analoge mixer capability + updates +

There's no reason to get a controller to use it as regular cd players! this is the new djing "we like it or not" (i'm a turntable person)
    . . . It's not an Analog mixer last I heard, Its purely a Midi controller with an audio 4/6 equivalent.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Maybe you should grab this and remap it?
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast