Grrrrrrr... HID to MIDI frustration - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

midiyoke does the same kind of thing as glovepie afaik - tho i havent used midiyoke in years. if glovepie is sending out to midi yoke 7 then u need to set traktor to recieve from whatever port midi yoke is sending to.

quite possibly midi yoke and loopMIDI dont play nicely together... i've also found problems when i create more than about 8 virtual midi ports here on windows7 so you might have hit some kind of limit like that maybe.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    midiyoke does the same kind of thing as glovepie afaik - tho i havent used midiyoke in years. if glovepie is sending out to midi yoke 7 then u need to set traktor to recieve from whatever port midi yoke is sending to.

quite possibly midi yoke and loopMIDI dont play nicely together... i've also found problems when i create more than about 8 virtual midi ports here on windows7 so you might have hit some kind of limit like that maybe.
    not too sure if MidiYoke is the same as GlovePIE, in the installation instructions it says for GlovePIE to even work properly I should also be running MidiYoke, so I downloaded that a while ago. And I'm not really sure what the problem is exactly between GlovePIE, MidiYoke, and Traktor, but it must be somewhere in those three because regardless of whether loopMIDI was running, the same problem was occuring. I've been looking for somewhere where Traktor would accept MidiYoke, but I don't see one thing in Traktor for MidiYoke or GlovePIE or even loopMIDI for that matter.
    Last edited by chaomocha; 07-20-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaomocha View Post
    not too sure if MidiYoke is the same as GlovePIE, in the installation instructions it says for GlovePIE to even work properly I should also be running MidiYoke, so I downloaded that a while ago. And I'm not really sure what the problem is exactly between GlovePIE, MidiYoke, and Traktor, but it must be somewhere in those three because regardless of whether loopMIDI was running, the same problem was occuring. I've been looking for somewhere where Traktor would accept MidiYoke, but I don't see one thing in Traktor for MidiYoke or GlovePIE or even loopMIDI for that matter.
    glovepie needs a virtual midi driver to be able to send out midi. i read about people having problems with midi yoke on windows 7 so i tried loopMIDI and it has worked flawlessly.

in traktor you just select whichever virtual midi port you are using - whether its from midiyoke or loopMIDI.

if it was me i'd probably uninstall midiyoke and go with loopMIDI as other people have had problems with that combination - but it could be something else ofc. plus i don't know if you're using midiyoke for anything else.

to first take traktor out of the equation you could download midiox and use that to sniff if data sent to the midi device from glovepie. very handy for debug and works fine on windows 7.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Ok I'll give that a try then. If it doesn't cooperate with me this time around though I may have to call it a night because its really late; maybe even early o_O, and I can always come back to it tomorrow. but for now, away with MidiYoke, and in with loopMIDI. I do have midiox too btw, thats been in the shadows this whole time I suppose.

sigh, nope, it very much did not work yet again lol. I think I'll just record what I'm doing using a screencap or something and just post that, because maybe there's just something that I'm doing wrong that I might be misunderstanding what you said, or maybe there's something I'm just not doing right in general. idk, either way all I know is I'm a little less confused, but it's still not working properly and it's difficult to explain how when I'm not sure what's going on anyway. I'm also kinda tired so that probably is not helping any either, so I'll just log in again tomorrow and continue from there. I'm pretty determined on making this work though, even if it requires me making a new program and everything, even though I know even less about programming lol.

kudos for the fact you keep trying and don't sound to be giving up

kudos for the fact you keep trying and don't sound to be giving up
    haha, college student, no money, extra keyboard, not many other options at this point

Tech Wizard

glovepie needs a virtual midi driver to be able to send out midi. i read about people having problems with midi yoke on windows 7 so i tried loopMIDI and it has worked flawlessly.
    I'm using midi-yoke on Win7 32bit and it's working fine, but I"ve also heard of people having problems on Win7 - though it might just pertain to 64bit Windows.

chaomocha, I'd maybe leave Traktor out of it for now. Get Midi-ox installed, and it'll allow you to monitor any midi messages being received by your system. That way, you can get Glovepie and your keyboard working correctly / how you want it. I'll upload a few screenshots some time later to show you how I've got mine set up.

Quote Originally Posted by scyn View Post
    I'm using midi-yoke on Win7 32bit and it's working fine, but I"ve also heard of people having problems on Win7 - though it might just pertain to 64bit Windows.

chaomocha, I'd maybe leave Traktor out of it for now. Get Midi-ox installed, and it'll allow you to monitor any midi messages being received by your system. That way, you can get Glovepie and your keyboard working correctly / how you want it. I'll upload a few screenshots some time later to show you how I've got mine set up.
    oh wow yes fantastic maybe someone elses screenshots will help. I do have windows 7 64 bit though so maybe that is an issue. I'll just keep trying to get loopMIDI to work in the meantime.

Sorry for the double posts, I know theres an edit button but i prefer new information and updates to be in seperate posts, idk just kinda how i tick.

anyway, the new information.
    Code:
    midi.DeviceOut = 2
    debug = midi.OutDevName
    midi.DefaultChannel = 1
    midi.csharp0 = Keyboard2.A
    midi.d0 = Keyboard2.B
    Finally got this working with loopMIDI by changing the midi.DeviceOut to 2. idk why I didn't try going down from 8 to begin with haha, I kept counting up last night, must've made it to like 80 or 90, don't really remember. Anyway, I've got GlovePIE talking to loopMIDI, now how does midiOX come into play? I don't have a clue what to do with that program
    Last edited by chaomocha; 07-20-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast