Free Scratch Upgrade for Newly Registered S4s in July - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Also for anyone thinking about this - the DJTechTools store is offering some goodies as well if you repost their FB status (details in the blog post). Also, with the promo code "s4july2011" in the web store S4s are now $100 off so $799.

AND - Guitar Center is offering a 15% off coupon right now through July 4th (check the site for details). So you can get a new S4 for around 760 before tax, and qualify for the free scratch upgrade. I happened to decide I wanted to get an S4 last night and realized both of these things today - I'm psyched with my new S4
    Last edited by keeb; 06-30-2011 at 08:56 PM.

oh i am really tempted now
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

This is complete BS. The S4 hasn't even been out a year yet, and NI is already willing to screw all the people who already bought S4's? I haven't upgraded yet, although I had fully planned to. How can I now? How can i pay $140 for something that I would have gotten for free if I had waited to give NI my money for an S4 instead of buying months ago? This is the type of crap that would keep me from giving NI my money ever again. If nothing else, I guess the lesson is never buy anything from NI within 8-9 months of its release date.

@ all the people bitching about how they were "screwed by NI," stay here and listen for a spell:

NI are offering a _promotional_deal_ on the S4 for the month of July. In other words, the company is offering an incentive for those who hadn't already purchased the controller. Naturally, when the scratch upgrade is not undergoing this promotion, it will be a different price. It's not like the scratch upgrade is free from here on out, it's only free for those people who purchase and register an S4 in July. Incentive + timeframe = promotion.

Now yes, if you bought the S4 recently and just missed out on the deal, that sucks. However, that's the nature of sales. If you buy a product before it goes on sale, you could have gotten it cheaper later by waiting. Do you all get angry with other companies for having sales? Do you picket outside of stores on Black Friday because, "it just isn't fair?" I understand being a bit salty because you didn't get to cash in on the deal, but holy hell people - this is what happens with sales. Why is this any different? Suck it up and realize this one thing: sales happen.

/rant

^I had something written like this earlier and decided not to post it for fear of the flame fest. However since you're now my scapegoat I totally agree.

*watches from nearby bushes*

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    @ all the people bitching about how they were "screwed by NI," stay here and listen for a spell:

NI are offering a _promotional_deal_ on the S4 for the month of July. In other words, the company is offering an incentive for those who hadn't already purchased the controller. Naturally, when the scratch upgrade is not undergoing this promotion, it will be a different price. It's not like the scratch upgrade is free from here on out, it's only free for those people who purchase and register an S4 in July. Incentive + timeframe = promotion.

Now yes, if you bought the S4 recently and just missed out on the deal, that sucks. However, that's the nature of sales. If you buy a product before it goes on sale, you could have gotten it cheaper later by waiting. Do you all get angry with other companies for having sales? Do you picket outside of stores on Black Friday because, "it just isn't fair?" I understand being a bit salty because you didn't get to cash in on the deal, but holy hell people - this is what happens with sales. Why is this any different? Suck it up and realize this one thing: sales happen.

/rant
    Amen brother Keeb

Sent from my S4 without Scratch
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

YAAAR!

Quit yer belly-aching!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Not going to lie, I am pretty pissed. Just bought a set of turntables yesterday and I can't qualify for the free scratch upgrade.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post

/rant
    Yea dude, i totally understand what a promotion is. or even a price reduction for that matter. certainly once a product has been out for awhile the seller will run promotions, reduce the price, etc. to jump-start sales. however, when your product hasn't even been on the market for a year and you pull this, its a whole lot like giving the finger to the customers who hopped on the bandwagon already. i don't think this is analogous to black friday at all. but, if you just don't feel like hearing people complain, that's fair. to me, its still bs.

It's just business. They want to push those last couple folks who are on the edge of buying it, over the edge TO buying it. People before? They already have their money in the bank. NI is a business, that's what they do.

It's not the most friendly business practice, within the first year. Not many other companies will jump something like this so quick after the release. But you can't blame them about it, it's just business being business.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123