[UK Only]Looking for totally anecdotal advice... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    hmmm so they do, 4 years....
    There you go then. Problem solved?
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

I think so! In fact I have a back order for a flight case open with them already lol. Only thing is I was going to order a Mono Kondensor bag from them at the same time and DV don't stock it. Ah well, can't argue with a 4 year warranty!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

I'd STRONGLY advise to not touch HTFR. Don't know if you knew but they went bump the other month back. Their still up and running after name swapping etc on the paperwork but what it means is their agreements with some suppliers has completely changed. After the few things that have gone on with HTFR in the previous few years lets just say their not the most popular in the industry. I'm not prepared to publicly start flaming them but did you ever wonder why they all of a sudden stop selling ortofon needles? They've been well known to taking pre orders and over selling even when they don't have any idea if they'll be seeing the pre ordered item anytime soon. I'd phone up www.westenddj.co.uk and see what they can do. they've always been honest and helpful to be. shame really as i live in Bham so HTFR is just down the road.
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeeZer View Post
    I'd STRONGLY advise to not touch HTFR. Don't know if you knew but they went bump the other month back. Their still up and running after name swapping etc on the paperwork but what it means is their agreements with some suppliers has completely changed. After the few things that have gone on with HTFR in the previous few years lets just say their not the most popular in the industry. I'm not prepared to publicly start flaming them but did you ever wonder why they all of a sudden stop selling ortofon needles? They've been well known to taking pre orders and over selling even when they don't have any idea if they'll be seeing the pre ordered item anytime soon. I'd phone up www.westenddj.co.uk and see what they can do. they've always been honest and helpful to be. shame really as i live in Bham so HTFR is just down the road.
    Woah did not know that. I've basically ordered every bit of my gear from. The only problem i ever had was i ordered the Native Instruments S4 case and it was on back order so long i just canceled it and still haven't bothered to order from some where else (Unsure if its really worth it)

Tech Mentor

i did the same with the xoneXD. had it on pre-order. was due 1 out of the first batch. after a month after the launch i cancelled and ended up getting on from westend 2 days later. I was told everything by HTFR from lads in warehouse accidentally sent it out to someone after me on the list, another one was that all they were broke. All BS tbh and they even took nearly a month to get me my cash back. I'll only buy from them if i'm bored up town and end up popping in as i'll only buy something they've actually got.
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Decks.co.uk for me but also Guildford Sound & Light been pretty good too.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Quote Originally Posted by LeeZer View Post
    on a plus point westenddj is also one of the scariest places ever when its full of full on reggae jocks!

Are there any local shops you can go to, I'm based in Essex so tend to go to http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk but obviously go in face to face and they tend to be open for a decent bit of haggling in my experience.

Well when I'm in the UK (back in about a month), decks.co.uk's store is pretty much my local at 45 mins drive. Go there all the time to play with the gear when I'm bored lol. Thing is with this the first shipment will be totally sold out so I'll have to wait longer, and my patience is stretched already!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Highly reccomend westendDJ.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Mentor

Mine's pre-ordered from Soundware.co.uk. Mainly because they had an option to pay £99 now, & the balance when they arrive in the country.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast