Midi Foot Controller DONE! *buildlog with pics* - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Convert

does any of you have knowleadge in 3pdt switches?
    would it be possible to wire a 3pdt switch with 9 poles under it to act as a on/on switch for the data wire from the gamepad which sends the signal and as an on/off for the led connected to it? i think it's possible, i just don't know how.
    in my world, there should be a way to wire the data cable so that it works just as a normal momentary switch.

Have you thought about using momentary switches like this?

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/me...egory_Code=SWI

I would assume it would work better as its not a latch

[EDIT]Oh wait I just read that you didn't want to go the momentary route. Deduct cool points from me for not paying attention

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJesus View Post
    Have you thought about using momentary switches like this?

http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/me...egory_Code=SWI

I would assume it would work better as its not a latch

[EDIT]Oh wait I just read that you didn't want to go the momentary route. Deduct cool points from me for not paying attention
    What i need is a footswitch that is able to do both a momentary switch for the signal, in other words on/on so it releases the signal as soon as the button is unreleased. and on/off signal for the led. Dunno if thers any way to solder that up but.
    Any ideas?

Nothing really comes to mind. I'd try hitting up some guitar forums. Most of them have effects pedal sections and those guys are straight gear junkies so one of them are bound to know something that can help you. I'll ask around for you as well.

Sorry I can't be more of help. I mod efx pedals as a hobby but that's as far as it goes for me. I've been thinking of doing a similar build to yours so I would like answers as well.

So I posted on the TGP forums (the gear page) and im waiting for some feedback.

So its my understanding that your only getting a signal from your switch when it goes from being "Off to On" and not when it goes from being "On to Off" (confusing I know). Im thinking your best bet would just to go with momentary switches as I believe they send signals every time they're pressed. Im not sure how they will interact with your LED's though.

I'll get back to you as soon as I find a way to achieve this effect with your current switch

Tech Convert

Thanks alot!

The issue really is the gamepad pcb, or well, all gamepads.
    If i'd use a chip like Arduino or any other more high-tech chip it would be programmable. But i just don't have the energy to learn about programming them and so on.

There must be some way to solder a DPDT or alike switch to do diffrent things, atleast in my world.
    When pressed signal to gamepad must be like On/On so that it turns off immidiatly, but since the gamepad can't recive signals it can never tell the led to stay on or "follow"§ the signal so to say. So therefore it must be hardwired as on/off.

Thing is, if it was a miditrigger for samples and such, i woulden't need led's but since it's for use to activate/deactivate VST plugs i need to be able to monitoring what is on and off.

Tech Convert

Another thing that was discussed earlier in the thread i think was to use relays, im not that familliar with electronics besides basic electronics so to say, never worked with relays.
    But this one seems to be something that "memorizes the state" when power is removed, this one in combination with a DPDT switch might work?
    The link could be useful http://www.memotronics.com/product?pid=80
    Last edited by rudeez; 06-30-2011 at 01:28 AM.

I suppose that could work. I've never used relays but it sounds like what your looking for. Personally I would just go with a Hale UMC32 or something of the sort as my brain. Im not sure what sort of programming would be involved. I feel ya though. Programming and all that stuff is too intense for my taste but I give mad respect for the guys that can hustle that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123