skrillex review - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: skrillex review

we must remember that skrillex never pushed his music as dubstep. its the promoters and the labels that did. so "hardcore" dubstep fans need to stop hating on skrillex for pushing "dubstep" in a direction they dont like. i think people need to use the word "brostep" more. sure, it was meant pejoratively, but so was "the big bang theory", and that clearly caught on. there's definitely a market for both for the chilled dubstep end of things, as well as the aggro dubstep end of things. and as a regular to dubstep nights, a distinction needs to be made, because calling a night a "dubstep night" has become ambiguous.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
    Thank you for the new signature lol.
    Ha, yea man I was talking to a buddy recently and he asked me if I heard of Deadmaufive... to which I replied, why yes, yes I have...
    S4 | TP2 | MBP | DN HP500 | LPD8/LPK25

Quote Originally Posted by AdamPollard55 View Post
    we must remember that skrillex never pushed his music as dubstep. its the promoters and the labels that did.
    no, he just produced tracks at 140bpm with half time drums and heavy wobbling basslines and let people make up their own minds about what to call them

I don't care what you call it. I quite like some of skrillex's stuff. Sure, not all the time and you've got to pick the moment, but if people are going to forego listening to ALL other dubstep because they hear one or 2 farking heavy tracks that they don't like, then more fool them.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    Ha, yea man I was talking to a buddy recently and he asked me if I heard of Deadmaufive... to which I replied, why yes, yes I have...
    Did you slap a little sense into him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
    Did you slap a little sense into him?
    I murdered him.
    S4 | TP2 | MBP | DN HP500 | LPD8/LPK25

LOL i dont get why people hate on Skrillex, he is probably not even trying to fall into Dubstep or Electro. He is probably doing what Deadmau5 does which is try to be category-less.

I think house heads need to stop trying to categorise every brand of the scene, just listen to what you like and dont listen to what you dont like

Skrillex the producer: Meh, honestly his sound is TOO distinct. As in, once you've heard one song, the rest sound the same. All well and good I suppose but I could not see sitting through a concert of just skrillex unless I was rolling face and didn't give a shit what was playing as long as it had base and some semblance of a melody. Which brings me on to my next point.

Skrillex the DJ: Another reason I would not sit through one of his concerts. He is an awful DJ. Just plain awful. He is half drunk and smokes butts the entire time, doesn't really do much, and people eat that shit up. He's a half-drunk bedroom controllerist who twists knobs and generally just fucks up his tracks by throwing in random fucking stutters and ridiculous effects and filters for no reason because he thinks it's edgy and cool.

Anyway - the reason skrillex is so big is because of his wide appeal. He has hold-overs from his hardcore days and scene followings are very very cultish. These kids think Skrillex is mad indie and shit. Then he gets a lot of bros who listen to him while they snort coke they bought with money they took from their dads wallet or those just like to rage. It's hard to get shitfaced drunk and have a college-type party to psy-trance and shit It's not hard to understand why he has the appeal he does. Do I care that it isn't "real" dubstep? No? I don't even really have a problem with it, I just don't listen to him much, if at all, because his music isn't danceable to, it isn't very original (since it all sounds the same) and overall it's just not very interesting. The sound WAS cool when he first came out with it. It definitely didn't sound like anything that came before it. Now it just sounds like Skrillex, and I mean that it the worst way possible.

haters gonna hate, huh? does your judgement come from watching youtube videos?

ive seen skrillex playing about a week ago and i was pleasently surprised that he actually could dj. clean transitions, big drops out of nowhere and a great track selection. i would call myself hard to satisfy when it comes to the technical point of djing and i was. even if that wasn't true - he had the whole place jumping from beginning to end and that's what good djing is all about.

if you like the music or not it's up to you. i think there are way better producers out there, but bashing at stuff you don't get or like doesn't make any sense. i would have to bash at 90% of music in general and that would insult the taste of basicly the whole planet. that you don't like music doesn't make it bad music. top40 music is a form of art too, it appeals to billions of people - who am i to judge just because it sounds like crap to me?

if some of you guys hate skrillex so bad, because he's got the monies and b*tches, i feel sorry for you. but there's certainly way better ways of letting your anger out than hating on people on the internet. theres way worse too! if i'm jelous of something i would always try to find out what i have to do to achive the same instead of wasting my time with stupid anger.

if you're mad because it's not classical dubstep he's making while representing the genres name - wake up, that happens to every genre. i dont feel like sean paul is what dancehall is about, pendulum for dnb or david guetta for electro. but that what comes into people minds, because they're popular - everyday business.

the brostep thing will not work because that name sounds stupid. dubstep is a cool word and it has been taken by the mainstream. i'm sorry for you original dubheads!
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Thought he was kinda lame live (0 dynamics), but Scatta ft. Foreign Beggars is dope. He has one sound, but he does that one sound very well.

(IMHO) >.>

Quote Originally Posted by heaps View Post
    Scatta ft. Foreign Beggars is dope
    word.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast