So, how is scratching with TPro and VCI-100 TT tsi? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    is it possible to set the scratch on command to the jog rotation note number? Would that allow the scratch to be triggered by any movement on the jog? I'm not very familiar with the BCD, so these are just shots in the dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by haangout View Post
    on a non-touch sensitive jogwheel like my bcd 3000, the scratch on cannot really be toggled, held or directly set to on (it does acknowledge the command but does not perform the desired effect).
    this is what happened;

when the jogwheel is assigned to scratch on with interaction mode to

- hold: spinning the jogwheel forward locks the track into a 'forward spin' (sounds like spinning the wheel forward with cd-dj jog), and countering this will lock it into a 'backward spin'.

- toggle: as you can imagine, spinning the jogwheel in either direction will constantly toggle the scratch (on off on off...), however letting go of the wheel when the scratch turns off (this is by chance of course ) will resume the track from a scratch (had me entertained for a few minutes).

- direct: same effect as hold.

the sensitivity and acceleration do not noticeably change these actions.

i've tried searching the n.i. forums, and so far, nothing (partly due to the fact that so many posts include the word 'scratch'). it seems like this would have occured to many, many users who have tried to customise their mappings, but how did this slip under the table?

any other ideas? i'm not exactly desperate for an answer (don't use scratch), but this one is slowly getting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    The factory mapping for the VCI-100 from vestax is a disaster for TPro. The T3 mapping was a little better. Either way, I have trouble seeing anyone wanting to use those files. Making your own is the way to go, either that or download one you like from another user.
    i completely agree with you. the factory mapping for this controller was barely working (the scratch on button hadn't even been assigned) as well, so i built my own mapping from the ground up. custom mappings is definately the way forward!

thanks for your inputs so far, i hope this issue gets resolved for everyone soon.
    Last edited by haangout; 02-12-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Tech Guru

Default Haangout

So just to clarify, you have both the BCD 3000 and a VCI-100? I'm a little confused. The beringer unit doesn't send a note off message, so the scratch gets locked an forward/backward spin. I am guessing maybe you have to hold down a scratch on command on a button, then scratch? The VCI-100 scratches great, (as far as 7 bit midi can do), the only thing holding it back is a firmware upgrade to 14 bit and an implementation in TPro.

I know what you mean though, about it driving you crazy... there's been things that I don't really use that I get obsessed with solving, lol! You just want a rig with no buggyness all around.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

I just bought a VCI-100 and trying to scratch or even scrub audio and it does not do anything. I noticed the plates on my VCI-100 have plastic stickers on them, so maybe there is a scratch message that is not coming from the platter? I also notice that the jog wheels send 2 midi messages with the 100: forward (B3) and reverse (A#2). How does one get both directions to cdj mode then? Sorry, my first days with the 100 .

Tech Guru

Gotcha - the plastic needs to come off. The jogs respond to an electrical current, and your hand needs to touch the metal for them to work. Also, the two notes you get from the edges can be mapped to cd-dj-jog commands, tempo bend, or a combo of the two (one note for forward, one for back). Check out some of the community's tsi files to see the specifics of how it's done. Also, just for reference: if key lock is on, the edges of the jogs will send two new note numbers, (this is hard-wired) so if you need to nudge with key lock on, set up duplicate commands and midi learn those note numbers too. It'll take a little time to set your file up just how you like it, but rest assured the VCI-100 and TPro can handle what you want to do.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12