"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 42
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

you can build the message yourself via send_midi_raw() or use either of these two forms:

Code:
    send("mydevice", "PC37")
    send_midi("mydevice", 1, MIDI_PC, 37)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

Thank you very much again!
    I'm almost done with my script. And its fucking incredible.

Converted my good ole nanokontrol2 into a multipurpose controller for ableton live. Im so happy right now.

btw. i checked the post regarding keystrokes, but that seems to be done with glovepie. See i have been able to do just that with midiHID but i was hoping to be able to capture qwerty keystrokes directly from within midimasher. Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance again.

you can do raw hid stuff in midimasher too. there's a config that turns a 12button gamepad into a midifighter for example:

http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/conf...ter_4banks.lua
    http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/devi...epad_12btn.lua

hiddump+hidlearn should let you create a 'device' from your keyboard. really not well documented, but pots are trickier than buttons to map.

have quite a few bug fixes applied since i last made a release as well as a new simpler config format. i'll try and test my code and put out a new version soon.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Convert

Is there a way for me to monitor every note msg recieved from my piano midicontroler so that i can filter some keys and change them to different values without having to declare every single note with Add_control() ?

My controler has a lot of knobs and keys so i dont want to have to declare them all.

should be possible to just grab all via a loop like this:

Code:
    for i = 0,127 do
        capture("my_device", string.format("%03d", i), ALL, 0, 'my_filter_function')
        capture("my_device", string.format("CC%03d", i), ALL, 0, 'my_filter_function')
    end
    then do the filtering/processing in the function my_filter_function(). this example will also capture any CC's.

for something like a musical keyboard you don't need to define a devices file for it and can still then capture() via either of these two formats for notes '023' or 'C#-2' and 'CC012' for CC's.

Tech Convert

Quick question. Is there any way of getting cursor position with midimasher?

Tech Convert

I need big help. I'm trying to simulate Mackie Control implementation with midimasher. So im trying to sniff all the midi msgs that ableton sends into the faux Mackie.

The thing is i get a lot of "pressure", sysex, and wheel msgs which i don't know how to capture or replicate. Can you please help me?

Tech Convert

I'm attempting to use this for an SCS.3 system set up- if the discussion is still on going i'd really love to learn this software.

Tech Convert

Default SCS.3d Troubleshooting

Hey.. I'm trying to set it up with the SCS.3d as well and I've been scratching my head while setting up the config file.

- Do I need virtual midi ports in loopmidi for them? I've tried with and without them and nothing is being sent to the SCS.3D

Here is my config file so far:

open_midi_device("scs3d", "scs3d", "SCS.3d", "SCS.3d", 2)
    open_midi_device("scs3d", "scs3d", "V:SCS.3D1 Input", "V:SCS.3D1 Output", 2)

loopmidi is showing data going to Traktor to MM and whatever virtual port I select as an output, but still no response by the device. (just trying to get the spinning LED platter indicator code to work!)

I have a launchpad as well and that is working fine with the launchpad config, but nada on the SCS... I feel like I'm very close just off somewhere with the config file. HALP!

Tech Mentor

After minimalizing my set up for a while, I'm going to add my Launchpad w/ midimasher back into my setup. Playing a set with it tomorrow night. Can't wait.

Thanks again zestoi!

@djsckid you should post your full scs3d config file, so we can know where you're going wrong.
    How are you liking the launchpad config?