"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 40
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast

so, any news on timed midi-messages? would be glad to hear!

u mean to send a message sometime in the future? for that there's an optional 5th argument for send() which is the delay in milliseconds like:

send("traktor", "play_a", ON, 0, 500)

so u could for example make traktor play deck 'a' for just 2 seconds if wanted:

send("traktor", "play_a", ON)
    send("traktor", "play_a", ON, 0, 2000)

which reminds me that i need to come up with a simple syntax for that in the new config format, as well as an easy way for auto repeats to work, i was thinking of something like "play_a ON delay 20ms" for a delayed command and "play_a ON repeat 50ms" to auto repeat a command.

auto repeats already work with pure LUA code ofc, think i posted an example here before of that.

or u mean something else by timed messages?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Hi, been a while since i played around with the masher.

Just had an idea today. Wanted to use my launchpad for shortcuts in other progs. Either by converting midi to keystrokes or if someone comes up with another nifty idea.

So, could midimasher be used to convert midi to keystrokes? Or could autohotkey perhaps recognize midi? Is there btw a good alternative to AHK for mac?

Sorry if this post sidetracked somewhat. The main q is still to find out if it is possible to use midimasher to emulate keystrokes from my mididevice. Even though this might sound like going backwards.

Best regards
    //Joel

been a while since i played about with it too tbh, as i've been coding mappings for mixxx in javascript recently. funny timing tho as i just started to get back to finishing the new simpler config format yesterday so i can finally get that released. it still supports lua too and lua can be used within the new config format too for more complex stuff.

as for key strokes on mac not sure... if i can find an api to generate keystrokes tho i could put it into midimasher. i don't think it'd be too tricky but i'd need to at least add the functionality for both windows and mac. i'll have a dig around tomorrow. might be some useful info on that 'hack the f1' thread too.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Wizard

Looking forward to try the new updates. Will probably get a second launchpad to... One can't have to many buttons

I'm still on a pc but are on the verge of ordering a new mac to try it out. Would be great to find a good alternative to AHK first though.

Great to hear you're involved with mixxx!

//Joel

only thing better than a launchpad is two launchpads mixxx is a great piece of software and i reckon has come on leaps and bounds the last few releases. 1.10.1 is out now - but there's lots of good stuff coming in the imminent 1.11. i coded a little C++ for 1.11 and spent a lot of time on mappings, both midi and hid as 1.11 has native support for hid mapping i created a multi page launchpad mapping that i think is pretty good, basically using some ideas from the midimasher core and my lua launchpad mapping and ported it to javascript.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    only thing better than a launchpad is two launchpads :
    This^^ I want to get another one and have a 2 deck style ableton setup with 2LPs and an external Mixer.

1 LP is pretty amazing for traktor/mixxx though. I don't know what I would do with 2 LPs inside traktor or mixxx. Too many buttons

true... a launchpad is just about the right number of buttons for controlling 2 decks in mixxx or traktor. as soon as you start getting into complex effects mappings or clips/samples then a 2nd one comes in useful

Tech Mentor

If I ever go 4 track decks I just use 4x Deckalized MF's via MM on the grid... Plenty for me. Normally I just use 2 decks and the loop recorder, or 2 track+2 sample decks. For me 64 is plenty
    Last edited by muffintop; 07-10-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Tech Convert

Default big help needed!

Im thrilled by midimasher, seems to be the solution i've been looking for ages.

I have a nanokontrol2 midicontroller which i'd love to run into ableton live.

The problem with this is, im not much of a programer.

What i'd love to do basically is caprturing the imput from the nk2 into midimasher, changing its values, and then sending it to ableton live via IAC driver (im on a mac). The type of message i would be sending would mostly be CC.

Like i said, im not much of a programer, so i've been reading the documentation, but i havent found a suitable way to build my own config file, as it all seems to be geared towards tracktor.

Could you please help me get started?
    i'd really apreciate that.

Thanks in advance!