"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 35
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

cool, sounds good... i'll have time a bit later to create a config file for you then that defines those bottom 3 rows with their multiple pages as i have setup (u can easily remove the stuff u don't want like loop modes after) and all other buttons just acting like a normal launchpad.

i don't have a loop roll function, that twitch page is mapped to 8 buttons for different loop lengths. quite neat tho as each can be in hold or toggle mode with full led feedback.

i guess u have hotcues setup else where - my config needed a shift button *somewhere* for deleting hotcues and turning a hold loop button into a toggle mode one. not sure if u want those tho.

i'll hack the config apart a bit later anyway, leaving in all twitch area functions for now and all other buttons passing thru to a different virtual midi port that u can connect as tho it was the real launchpad to your existing mapping.

edit: just out of interest... what is the appeal of using the lp in rotated mode? the only reason i can think of is when i use both of mine together

edit2: do u have a button anywhere that u use as a "shift"? if so i can add that to the midimasher config for use in the twitch areas and also make it send out the normal launchpad midi to traktor so it behaves as your usual shift button too

edit3: my config also uses a 2nd shift button that when pressed enables the slicer when u jump to a hotcue - quite handy - tho you'd then ofc need to use my hotcue's in the twitch area
    Last edited by zestoi; 03-21-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

The usb port is in the way if I dont rotate the lp. It sits between my mixer and a Reloop Contour.

Hotcues are on my Contours.

For shift keys you could use the left and up arrows. They will sit next to the bottem two rows when the lp is rotated. I have them set to tempo jumps atm but ill delete them as i dont use all of them.

Thanks for your help

ah ok cool - cant ofc do the "enable slicer automatically" on a hotcue if midimasher isnt handling hot cues - but i'll put a shifts on those (one hold mode and one toggle) for use with loops etc or anything else
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

give this a go: http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/conf...pad_twitch.lua

if not on a mac you'll need to manually add two extra virtual ports called "Traktor to Launchpad" and "Launchpad to Traktor" to connect your existing launchpad mapping to

Tech Mentor

Thanks im on a mac so no messing arround with ports needed

Ill test it when i get home

Thanks again!

cool only thing i'm not sure of yet (not really tested) is what happens when u restart midimasher with traktor still open - i.e: is midimasher able to reopen the ports as traktor still has some open. just tried a minute ago on my mac and it didn't seem to work - tho i've only just installed the launchpad drivers etc and not really checked it out.

could be that the virtual ports fail to create since they're open or it works fine as they still exist... i'm doing my initial testing these days on linux where it works fine (midimasher can work with any midi app ofc not only traktor, tho i've also been running traktor under wine successfully on linux)

Tech Mentor

Thanks for sorting that out for me. It worked as expected.

However somthing is not quite right. The beatjumps from the slicer sound slightly off.
    There also needs to be a button to reset the cue/slicer count to the first beat of a bar if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by drmore View Post
    Thanks for sorting that out for me. It worked as expected.

However somthing is not quite right. The beatjumps from the slicer sound slightly off.
    There also needs to be a button to reset the cue/slicer count to the first beat of a bar if needed.
    odd about the beatjumps, i'll have to have a play. i suspect it's due to the delay needed to be added in for certain jumps. i presume it's ok for the first beat? as that's just a "jump to active cue"

to reset the first bar of the slicer u just press on a different bank and then back on the first beat. i tend to just click on the "hotcues" tab for example and then hit the "slicer" one on the first beat

edit: i'm pleased the main layout is working fine tho... this is the first real test of a complex setup using the default routing stuff i put into midimasher. good to know that works anyway...
    Last edited by zestoi; 03-22-2012 at 07:26 AM.

i'll debug the slicer sometime soon - way too much real work on atm. tbh hadn't given the slicer too much thought as there didn't seem to be any interest in it from anyone.

edit: also wondering if the extremely slow led update time on the launchpad is causing issues, as midimasher is using one main processing thread (with separate ones for midi/hid device input and queued events)

i might create a new thread for each device output too - so if a device takes a long time to process the messages it doesn't hold up the rest of the processing.
    Last edited by zestoi; 03-24-2012 at 06:26 AM. Reason: another thought...

Tech Mentor

Spent some more time testing this morning. There is defo a delay. After the first slice you start to miss a millisecond of the sound.

For now im just using a grid of 8 pre defined beatjumps. That combined with beatmasher, gater, flangers and delays gives me all the crazy sounds I could need.

Worked out how to use a free modifier as a page select button so now I can flick between 8 hotcue or 8 beatjumos without altering the rest of the pad.