"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 34
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

@Zestoi

Ok, cool..... I Will give it a try and let ya know how i get on
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerman View Post
    @Zestoi

Ok, cool..... I Will give it a try and let ya know how i get on
    cool... shouldn't be any issues. just follow any djtt instructions for how to setup your vci100 with a midifighter and after that import the midimasher traktor.tsi file using the small import button.

i presume using a vci100+midifighter must be a fairly common thing to want to do... manually setting up the effects in the right order for the midifighter mappings shouldn't be too much of a pain either tho
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

versions now available for mac osx, linux and windows: http://midimasher.djism.com/downloads/
    setup instructions updated: http://midimasher.djism.com/

windows versions are zipped as before with .bat files to run diff configs

mac osx version is a compressed dmg so u can just download and double click on midimasher and you're good to go since u don't need to manually setup any virtual midi ports it uses .command files (bash script) to run diff configs tho your finder will hide the .command extension

linux version is a tgz. obviously no traktor for linux but it will work with any midi devices/software. virtual midi ports are also created automatically when needed. bash scripts to run diff configs have a .sh extension

to see what it can do and u have a launchpad (whether u have traktor or not) just run the "launchpad" script which has 4 virtual pages/layers of controls selected from buttons session/user1/user2/mixer and 2 twitch-style areas at the bottom of the 'session' page
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

new build for mac os x. the initial one was only for intel, this one (and all subsequent ones) is a universal binary that should run on intel and ppc. so far not tested on ppc tho (as i don't have a ppc mac)

http://midimasher.djism.com/downloads/

edit: just realised that traktor is intel only... tho will keep building universal binaries based on SDK 10.5 for the time being as i had a request for a ppc version (for use with other software).
    Last edited by zestoi; 02-22-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Suddenly epic bump and my first post in over a month.

zestoi, are you still checking this place out? I finally have some time and motivation to dedicate towards this stuff. :P
    Last edited by Onimode; 03-15-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    Suddenly epic bump and my first post in over a month.

zestoi, are you still checking this place out? I finally have some time and motivation to dedicate towards this stuff. :P
    cool...

yup - still here last release of midimasher was 3 weeks ago, with a port to mac osx + linux and just before that i added midi sync code in (for sequencer code i'm working on) and stuff like the ability to queue messages in the future so code like the twitch style slicer doesn't hold up other processing.

i can't wait for traktor 2.5 (esp now we know it's a free upgrade ) and to get some cool remix decks stuff in and then will finally release a complete-ish mapping for traktor+launchpad. will hopefully finish some documentation in the meantime - and also thinking about some kind of gui, at least for basic configs. still not 100% sure how it would work tho.

launchpad+nanokontrol == 2x F1's?

reading more about the F1 and traktor 2.5 i figure with some not too tricky coding i can put all the F1 logic inside a midimasher config and then use a launchpad and nanokontrol to emulate two F1's... sure the lp doesnt have full rgb but should be fine. plus we don't know how the colouring and midi feedback will work for that yet.

i've been holding out on adding sample decks stuff to my launchpad mapping to complete so people can try it out and i figure that the F1 should in theory be the perfect controller for the sample decks stuff - so why not just emulate it?

that then leaves me a 4x4 grid on page one of the mapping for some effects stuff or move the virtual midi fighter to the spare page 3 and use the 8x4 grids on page one for a really full set of manual effects controls...

i'll post some screenshots in the next few days and see if anyone has any thoughts/ideas on it...

Tech Mentor

Is it posible to remove everything apart from the twitch section on the bottom three rows of the launchpad setup? I already have most of my launchpad setup how I want it with three rows on the bottom free. I use my launchpad in the rotated position with the usb at the top.

sure, pretty easy. depends on quite what u want to do.

as you already (i presume) have your launchpad mapped in traktor u just want the top 5 rows (and outer buttons) to send out the same messages that they do currently to tracktor?

then the bottom 3 rows (for the twitch areas) u want those to send out different midi messages depending on which page they're on or you want to do the actual mapping within midimasher?

alternatively u can ofc do all your actual mapping within midimasher but it probably makes more sense to keep the actual mapping of controls within traktor for your setup and just use midimasher to create the different layers?

also do you want the overall 4 different pages, using page 1 for your own mapping, or just have the one overall page. the page switching is currently done using buttons "session", "user1", "user2", "mixer" but u could use any (outer) buttons for this.

Tech Mentor

I want one page with performance controls on it. I have other controllers for a lot of functions. I'm trying to create an expresive FX pad that lets me mash tracks on the fly.

Row 1 is and FX preset selector.
    Rows 2,3,4 are FX triggers.
    Row 5 is loop controls
    Rows 6,7 & 8 are empty atm. I would like to add your twitch style slicer and loop roll to the last 3 rows of my setup.
    The buttons on the left hand side are used for setting tempo. i.e. Mixer button sets bpm to 170bpm, left arrow sets bmp to 70bpm.
    The buttons along the top of launchpad are used for setting and adjusting beatgrids.

I would add a diagrame but im in work atm.

I dont really need any other pages and I would like to keep my current mapping as it is (took ages to get it just how i want it.)
    I had a look at the lua files in a hope that I would be able to do this myself. Sadly it when right over my head. I have no idea what im doing or where to even start so any help would be aprecated.

Thanks