"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 33
Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by raags View Post
    Hmmm I altered the port names in MidiLoop to "MidiFighter1 Input" etc, closed loopmidi and midimasher, reopened loopmidi then midimasher and it's still giving the same error in debug.bat and midimasher.bat.

"device[midifighter1] is not connected"

ideas?

also just tried renaming them in loopmidi a la 'midifighter1 input' and same issue
    can u paste the output again - maybe run debug_file.bat and paste the contents of debug.txt here after pressing ctrl-c. the previous output definitely looked like a name mismatch

basically in the line like:

open_midi_device("midifighter1", "generic", "MidiFighter1 Input", "MidiFighter1 Output")
    virtual_midifighter_4banks("mpd18", 0, "midifighter1", 0, 0, 127, 0)

the "midifighter1" in each line needs to be the same and "MidiFighter1 Input" and "MidiFighter1 Output" need to exactly match the loopmidi port names u have created.

also one thought - after what other people have said about mpd's... if u see things happening in traktor but the effect resetting before u release the pads it could be that since the mpd's are designed to be drum pads that they automtically send out a note-off a few milliseconds after u press a pad, independent of when u actually release it. if so then the only thing i could do is create a 'toggled' virtual midifighter function that activates when u first press and deactivates when u press again

i'm off for a while but will be online again later and will check the forum again...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

I changed my mpd18_midifighter_4banks.lua so it looks like this:
    --
    -- virtual midifighter using a akai mpd18.
    --open_midi_device("midifighter1", "generic", "MidiFighter1 Input", "MidiFighter1 Output");open_midi_device("mpd18", "mpd18", "Delta AP MIDI", "Delta AP MIDI")

In Midiloop I have:
    MM to Traktor
    Traktor to MM
    MidiFighter1 Input
    Midifighter1 Output

This is the debug_file.bat output for this configuration:

I get no response when I press the pads with these changes (which I tried to incorporate based off your most recent post).

----------------------------------------------

I'm really confused now... ugh

Tech Mentor

Does your MPD show up as a midi device anywhere?
    It doesn't look like it's showing up at all in MM. Check it out in traktor?

Tech Wizard

Question BIG import Midimasher/Midifighter & DJTT VCI mappings?

Hello people I shall try to explain my problem/concern the best i can.

I tried using Zestoi's LPD8 midimasher a while back and had no luck, because to be honest i get a bit lost/confused when dealing with lots of virtual midi cables rather than real ones, and my setup is crazy enough as it is :eek:

Things have moved on a lot with Zestoi's excellent work (that is WAY beyond me) i see, so i'm going to try and get this working again on my LPD8, as i would LOVE to get this working, but my concern/question is this........

I want to use DJTT VCI-100 mappings, and Zestoi's LPD8 midimasher mappings, but they BOTH require you to use the BIG import button to work correctly, but the BIG import button deletes all previous mappings, so how do i load them both properly?

I have a Vestax VCI-100 FW1.4, LPD8 , DDM4000, Kaos pad 2, RY30, PS2 joystick etc. all with modified or custom mappings that i have saved seperately, so i can import those after i BIG import VCI/Midimasher.tsi's with no problem, but i dont know how to import the DJTT VCI mappings and the Midimasher mappings without losing one or the other of those?

I think this question applies to using the midimasher & VCi, or the real midifighter & VCI? If this has been covered before, or should be in another thread, then i apologise

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me, or i am going to waste a lot of time just getting my setup back to how it was before i started trying this, so i am calling for help! I know the BIG import thing is a NI software bug/problem, not problems with peoples mappings, and i am amazed at the work people like Ean/Zestoi (and LOTS of others!) do for this community and people like me, and i am eternally grateful

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, happy valentines to ya!
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Tech Wizard

Smile

PS. I know i use lots of smilie's, but i like smily people, and it makes it look like there are skittles or M&M's on my screen, NOM NOM NOM
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

it's because u have this:

Code:
    --
    --open_midi_device("midifighter1", "generic", "MidiFighter1 Input", "MidiFighter1 Output");open_midi_device("mpd18", "mpd18", "Delta AP MIDI", "Delta AP MIDI")
    in LUA the "--" means a comment, so it has ignored that whole line. you need this:

Code:
    --
    --

open_midi_device("midifighter1", "generic", "MidiFighter1 Input", "MidiFighter1 Output")
    open_midi_device("mpd18", "mpd18", "Delta AP MIDI", "Delta AP MIDI")
    should do the trick...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by gingerman View Post
    I want to use DJTT VCI-100 mappings, and Zestoi's LPD8 midimasher mappings, but they BOTH require you to use the BIG import button to work correctly, but the BIG import button deletes all previous mappings, so how do i load them both properly?
    the midimasher tsi doesn't require the use of the big import button but the midifighter instant grat tsi does. just needs setting up however people usually import tsi's when combining a midifighter and vci100 setup.

the only reason afaik the instant grat tsi needs the use of the big import button is to get the effects units setup the way it needs them and the correct effects selected in the right order. u can always tweak those manually afterwards anyway - i'm sure i've seen someone post what order the effects need to be in for the instant grat to work properly.

the actual midimasher traktor.tsi file is just imported using the small import button.

btw midimasher now has hid support builtin - tho i have a feeling i forgot to add the hidlearn.exe and hiddump.exe apps to the last release

Quote Originally Posted by gingerman View Post
    PS. I know i use lots of smilie's, but i like smily people, and it makes it look like there are skittles or M&M's on my screen, NOM NOM NOM
    i looooove M&M's i'm also quite fond of overuse of smileys

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    it's because u have this:

blahblahblahcode

should do the trick...
    thank you so much!! now it's working in debug.bat with every press responding to an output without any errors...

however i'm still unable to get it going in Traktor.

i opened loopmidi, loaded traktor and imported (small button) traktor.tsi, selected the input as 'MidiFighter1 Output' and for output 'MidiFighter1 Input'. closed traktor, opened midimasher, loaded the config, and reopened traktor... no go.

it's detecting button presses (the ctrl light lights up) but no effects or anything are being triggered.

here's my midimasher output if this helps.

thank you so much!! now it's working in debug.bat with every press responding to an output without any errors...

however i'm still unable to get it going in Traktor.
    cool - getting there

the problem will be the traktor config i guess... the virtual midifighter stuff in midimasher just emulates a real midifighter - so u need to import a 4banks tsi into traktor - like the instant grat one (there is also a normal mode midifighter function in midimasher if u wanted deckalized etc)

so u need to import/setup the *real* midifighter instant grat tsi. that's the tsi that u select the 'MidiFighter1 Output' and 'MidiFighter1 Input' ports for. the traktor tsi should be linked to "MM to Traktor" etc - but u won't need that unless you're using more normal midimasher functions.

a 4banks midifighter/instant-grat could ofc be coded just within midimasher - but i wanted to try and emulate a real midifighter so then people can use whatever normal midifighter tsi's that they wanted.

fyi if u wanted to emulate a normal mode midifighter instead just replace the call to virtual_midifighter_4banks() with virtual_midifighter() and job done... could even in fact emulate both at the same time on different layers