"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 27
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by escapemcp View Post
    Yeah, you're right, running status can be used on 7 or 14 bit messages. I also cannot see the start message for running status (not too sure what I am looking for tho'!). I was under impression that 14 bit HAD to use it, but now not so sure.
    awesome cheers for all the info...

the data from your pitch fader is just a channel pitch bend message, no running status or anything there afaik. it's just lsb/msb so nice and easy for me to implement

if that fader is using pitch bend for channel 2 does your other one use the same message just on a different midi channel?

the data makes waaay more sense looking at the data u attached compared to what my nanokey outputs when i press the buttons... thanks for the data, that's a really big help

your jog wheel and encoders are just sending out normal res relative messages yep? so no issues with those ones?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    awesome cheers for all the info...
    NP
    the data from your pitch fader is just a channel pitch bend message, no running status or anything there afaik. it's just lsb/msb so nice and easy for me to implement
    Oh yeah, PB is 14 bit by default, guess that's why they used it! Doh!
    if that fader is using pitch bend for channel 2 does your other one use the same message just on a different midi channel?
    Yes.. the normal 'default' setup for mine is to have the LHS on midi channel 1, mixer on 2 and RHS on channel 3. I changed my midi channels when fiddling around (and cannot be bothered to change my mapping in Traktor... something which won't matter once I get mm working )
    I am thinking of getting/stealing(!) a VCI-400, but apparently it has some issues where you need to set the midi outputs to 'all devices' in Traktor, a result of which may mean that I have to keep my MP-X10 away from the same channels that the VCI-400 uses (about 8 channels), so would have to position my MP-X10 on it's unused ones.
    your jog wheel and encoders are just sending out normal res relative messages yep? so no issues with those ones?
    No, everything else is cool... I just put the encoder/jog messages in there for reference - if it was using running status, it would have had to send out the 'start' message after the jobs/encoders had been wiggled.

Thx,

escapemcp

PC/Mhac, Traktor 2, Citronic MP-X10, 2 x Kam KCD450, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Audio Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 w/Kaoss Pad, Shure C606, Carlsbro Tytan PA, Turbosound TXD121 12" Tops, Reloop RHP-20
    http://soundcloud.com/escapemcp

Just got a new nanopad. I open the box, plug it in, and only the touchpad works :S

I'll just be buying a MF instead. If the nanoPad is that fragile, then it's not really worth it.

I'd so buy an Akai LPD8 over the Korg Nanopad1/2 <- are famous for their crap-quality.

Check the LPD8 out here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVJkLkLbdsY
    and here:
    http://www.akaipro.com/lpd8

Speaking of...
    I'm gonna buy an Akai LPD8 tomorrow for 25 euro

I just can't wait to bank for a Twitch, so I wanna get my hands on the Slicer-mode, like yesterday

Still following your geniality Zestoi
    Last edited by bascurtiz; 12-11-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bascurtiz View Post
    I'd so buy an Akai LPD8 over the Korg Nanopad1/2 <- are famous for their crap-quality.

Check the LPD8 out here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVJkLkLbdsY
    and here:
    http://www.akaipro.com/lpd8

Speaking of...

I just can't wait to bank for a Twitch, so I wanna get my hands on the Slicer-mode, like yesterday

Going to get one myself on the 25th (I hope ) Don't like the look of the low profile knobs though.

Unit will be great for (in Traktor) a sample bank or 2xFX units - or both using the program change (whatever it's called) button - I prefer to avoid this though... with several controllers where I switch from one to the other, I can never remember which mode a controller is in if I have loads (even with lights, I forget to check)... I hate layers - although I'm great at programming them (sod's law)!! Spent ages sorting out an old mapping, only to find that by putting all the controls that I needed on one controller, and using several layers, I could never remember which layer I was on - resulting in some awful mixes - I'd always end up stopping the wrong deck! Getting a controller like the VCI-400 seems a good way to go.. having 4 mixer channels means that I can close the line fader (when in a hurry at the buildup) and know that I will fade out the right channel (well maybe the left channel, but you get what I mean )

PC/Mhac, Traktor 2, Citronic MP-X10, 2 x Kam KCD450, Behringer BCD3000, Echo Audio Layla 3G, Numark EM-460 w/Kaoss Pad, Shure C606, Carlsbro Tytan PA, Turbosound TXD121 12" Tops, Reloop RHP-20

Yeah, thought of buying the Twitch myself, but changing my whole software (and thus setup) for Slicer mode.. too much of an upheaval & a hard sell for Novation. Zestoi's/DJTTs (dunno who came up with it first) slicer solution is kickass - keep nicking those ideas, as it pushes us all forward - now where's the 'input matrix' on my nanopad!

Quote Originally Posted by escapemcp View Post
    Yeah, thought of buying the Twitch myself, but changing my whole software (and thus setup) for Slicer mode.. too much of an upheaval & a hard sell for Novation. Zestoi's/DJTTs (dunno who came up with it first) slicer solution is kickass - keep nicking those ideas, as it pushes us all forward - now where's the 'input matrix' on my nanopad!
    not my idea by first implementation i guess. i coded it as soon as the mm was ready for it after a thread on the slicer someone started here ages ago. seemed like a neat idea

chris's solution on the blog post of jumping to a cue before then jumping forwards was great tho - sadly i didn't have enough brain cells to come up with that... previously the mm function was always trying to best-guess the current beat from the beat phase and jump fwd or back from there - but often screwed up when it got it wrong verses the quantize in traktor.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by decon View Post
    Just got a new nanopad. I open the box, plug it in, and only the touchpad works :S

I'll just be buying a MF instead. If the nanoPad is that fragile, then it's not really worth it.
    the midi fighter classic is a lot of fun and i just like the whole design/size/feel of it etc. the pro ones don't seem to grab me in the same way - not that i'd mind having one too ofc

Speaking of...

cheers just wish i had more time atm that i do for this stuff. agreed on the lpd8, it's a bargain for the money really. i really still fancy a 2nd one to have a cheap 8x8 grid of velocity sensitive pads for drum programming.

the twitch is awesome, would buy one if i had the cash. i do really want to pick up a k2 tho if i can afford one in the new year...

where did u manage to find an lpd8 for 25eur? sounds like a bargain... they don't seem to drop much in price when 2nd hand as not much can go wrong really. the pots can get a bit loose but that's about it - and only really if u change the caps.

where did u manage to find an lpd8 for 25eur? sounds like a bargain... they don't seem to drop much in price when 2nd hand as not much can go wrong really. the pots can get a bit loose but that's about it - and only really if u change the caps.
    Found one on marktplaats.nl, the Dutch kinda ebay version
    Then again, he wants 37,50 for it, incl. shipping costs, coz he lives too far away, to come over.

For 49 euro, u can buy it new, in your local musicstore.
    So I'm planning to get one, this week.

Btw, I found some cool mappings on traktorbible.com for the LPD8.
    To give yourself some more groupies , why not post yours, aswell there?

Found one on marktplaats.nl, the Dutch kinda ebay version
    Btw, I found some cool mappings on traktorbible.com for the LPD8.
    To give yourself some more groupies , why not post yours, aswell there?
    yep, i will do sometime. ofc i can't upload a copy of mm to the traktorbible as it'd be out of date as soon a newer one was released but maybe a link to the download along with the config for a particular controller or something...