"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 18
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    Here's my config, device, and tsi.

I'll make a thread and write up about it soon, but you can test it out until then.

Bottom row is loop recorder... LtoR Delete, Size down, size up, record, play, dry wet down, dry wet up, dry wet 50%
    cool - will have time to try it out later. just had a quick look tho and don't understand why we have new controls called "button1" etc in traktor.lua? they should all correspond to the names of actions in traktor or u wanted to have some generic ones that people could modify etc? sensible using note's instead of cc's to avoid clashes with the standard stuff anyway.

the only differences with your tsi is u added all of those or did u tweak other stuff? wish i had that xtreme mapping app now so i could compare ofc

a new thread sounds like a cool idea. need to come up with a plan for the tsi's tho as i dont want anyone modding the standard midimasher tsi - else they're locked into that one persons configs - and they wont ever be able to take on newer versions of midimasher as new controls get added etc.

if someone wants to do stuff that aren't in the standard tsi then either:

* it needs adding to the master tsi or...

* the user creates a cusom tsi in traktor, connected to the same midi ports as the standard midimasher one
    * custom lua code gets added to a different file than devices/traktor.lua - like i mentioned before - maybe looking for lib/traktor.user.tsi or something and loading that automatically if found

any thoughts? else this is the one area that could get really messy... tho someone who has a mac and xtrememapping as well as a pc to run midimasher could help ofc
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

The extra controls I used for ableton when I tried working it into my flow. I had them in a separate .lua, but I just added them to the traktor.lua when the latest update came out. I put them there to have extra buttons to ease customization.

I like the idea of putting them in a separate .lua/making a separate .tsi for people to modify.

I had changed the select loop length to select the length and set a loop, but with multiple midifighters being supported I don't need that anymore. I think it's still in the tsi though.

I had changed the select loop length to select the length and set a loop, but with multiple midifighters being supported I don't need that anymore. I think it's still in the tsi though.
    to do that from midimasher i guess it's better to send two messages to traktor (if thats the behaviour needed)? one to set loop length and one to enable the loop? tho it might make sense to have it your way as additional controls? there again i guess no one would be changing the loop length unless they also want to set the loop status? so you added an extra element in traktor to enable the loop for the same controls or is that tweakable in the ones i already had added?

i do have a new version btw - but only minor mods:

* option to globally set the "off color" for all flashing launchpad leds (default is black)

* option to dump all debug to a file - handy to help debug controllers that i don't own for other people

my aim is to work on the "twitch" style sub-layers this weekend and then finally release a (mostly?) complete launchpad mapping with it's own thread. i'd like to try out your mapping tho and see if we can combine some stuff.

i definately want a 4banks midifighter somewhere - not sure where yet - as people seem to quite like the instant grat stuff. i haven't properly tried using a 4banks midifighter and a normal one at the same time - so don't know if the effects are setup the same way for both? i guess people must have used real midifighters in that combination before tho?

edit: i guess having the effects in the same order as used in the 4banks midifighter will make sense anyway - so hope it's the same as normal mode. i'll need to be able to select the beatmasher+slicer for two "sub layers" in the twitch areas. i'll have a play later and do a big button import again of the instant grat tsi and deckalized and just check what they're effects order is and what modes (single/group) they have their effects units in. would make sense to use that format - tho events like "fx_panel_mode_unit1_group" and "fx_panel_mode_unit1_single" could be sent to traktor - even on page changes - to get traktor setup right for that page+set of controls. also make sense to send out those on startup to set any defaults.
    Last edited by zestoi; 10-20-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Since my internet's been down, I've been doing some experiments with my Mixtrack. Pages, virtual MFs, etc.

More importantly, I found that I missed two LEDs in the device .lua file.
    Code:
    -- Other LEDs
    add_control("decka_pitch_led",		1, "note", 124)
    add_control("deckb_pitch_led",		1, "note", 125)
    add_control("browserfile",		1, "note", 126)
    add_control("browserfolder",		1, "note", 127)
    Derp. :|
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    Since my internet's been down, I've been doing some experiments with my Mixtrack. Pages, virtual MFs, etc.

More importantly, I found that I missed two LEDs in the device .lua file.
    Code:
    -- Other LEDs
    add_control("decka_pitch_led",		1, "note", 124)
    add_control("deckb_pitch_led",		1, "note", 125)
    add_control("browserfile",		1, "note", 126)
    add_control("browserfolder",		1, "note", 127)
    Derp. :|
    excellent! not that your internet has been down of course ... just added to my mixtrack.lua file

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i definately want a 4banks midifighter somewhere - not sure where yet - as people seem to quite like the instant grat stuff. i haven't properly tried using a 4banks midifighter and a normal one at the same time - so don't know if the effects are setup the same way for both? i guess people must have used real midifighters in that combination before tho?
    edit: wrong button
    I thought about that, but I personally don't use the IG all that much. You could just use the IG+Deckalized mapping and keep them in normal mode (that's what I would do at least).

edit: wrong button
    I thought about that, but I personally don't use the IG all that much. You could just use the IG+Deckalized mapping and keep them in normal mode (that's what I would do at least).
    true... tho personally i don't ever use any of the stock midi fighter tsi's - but i bet plenty of people will like an embedded 4banks mode midi fighter on the launchpad for instant grat. so i'm more interested in finding out how compatible they are etc. ideally having a 4banks mode one on one page and 2 or 4 normal mode ones on other pages would all work together - and maybe they would? tho that would take up to 10 virtual midi ports and i know i've had issues using that sort of number. some windows issue i think as opposed to the RtMidi lib i'm using. when i created too many none of them could be connected. deleted some and it all worked again - would like to know what caused that.

Tech Mentor

I forgot to tell you the other controls I added to the .tsi and traktor.lua

Code:
    add_control("loop_recorder_dry_wet_up",			6, "cc", 46);
    add_control("loop_recorder_dry_wet_down",			6, "cc", 47);

add_control("loop_recorder_dry_wet_half",			6, "cc", 48);
    Code:
    add_control("slot_volume_up_c1",					6, "cc", 13);
    add_control("slot_volume_up_c2",					6, "cc", 14);
    add_control("slot_volume_up_c3",					6, "cc", 15);
    add_control("slot_volume_up_c4",					6, "cc", 16);
    add_control("slot_volume_up_d1",					6, "cc", 17);
    add_control("slot_volume_up_d2",					6, "cc", 18);
    add_control("slot_volume_up_d3",					6, "cc", 19);
    add_control("slot_volume_up_d4",					6, "cc", 20);

add_control("slot_volume_down_c1",					6, "cc", 21);
    add_control("slot_volume_down_c2",					6, "cc", 22);
    add_control("slot_volume_down_c3",					6, "cc", 23);
    add_control("slot_volume_down_c4",					6, "cc", 24);
    add_control("slot_volume_down_d1",					6, "cc", 25);
    add_control("slot_volume_down_d2",					6, "cc", 26);
    add_control("slot_volume_down_d3",					6, "cc", 27);
    add_control("slot_volume_down_d4",					6, "cc", 28);

add_control("slot_filt_up_c1",					6, "cc", 29);
    add_control("slot_filt_up_c2",					6, "cc", 31);
    add_control("slot_filt_up_c3",					6, "cc", 32);
    add_control("slot_filt_up_c4",					6, "cc", 33);
    add_control("slot_filt_up_d1",					6, "cc", 34);
    add_control("slot_filt_up_d2",					6, "cc", 35);
    add_control("slot_filt_up_d3",					6, "cc", 36);
    add_control("slot_filt_up_d4",					6, "cc", 37);

add_control("slot_filt_down_c1",					6, "cc", 38);
    add_control("slot_filt_down_c2",					6, "cc", 39);
    add_control("slot_filt_down_c3",					6, "cc", 40);
    add_control("slot_filt_down_c4",					6, "cc", 41);
    add_control("slot_filt_down_d1",					6, "cc", 42);
    add_control("slot_filt_down_d2",					6, "cc", 43);
    add_control("slot_filt_down_d3",					6, "cc", 44);
    add_control("slot_filt_down_d4",					6, "cc", 45);

I forgot to tell you the other controls I added to the .tsi and traktor.lua
    cool. next version will be with your tsi then and those additions to the devices/traktor file nothing else has changed in the tsi file at all?

btw i renamed ones like "slot_filt_down_c1" to "slot_filter_down_c1" just to match the others in the file.

in theory the up/down ones could be emulated using the normal ones - but i guess u have auto-repeat set in traktor for them? if so then that's the best/easiest way to do it atm. there's no auto-repeat functionality in midimasher yet. ie: it can do something when u press or release a button but no way of repeatedly doing anything between those two events.

i guess we'll have the same issue with any kind of "fader" control that you want to map to up/down buttons on a controller. i should add a way that a function can be called at timed intervals so then we could add auto-repeat controls with variable repeat times - depending on how fast/slow u wanted it to repeat - also i guess an initial delay time before the auto repeat starts - else you'd never be able to just increment it by '1' tick etc.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    cool. next version will be with your tsi then and those additions to the devices/traktor file nothing else has changed in the tsi file at all?

btw i renamed ones like "slot_filt_down_c1" to "slot_filter_down_c1" just to match the others in the file.

in theory the up/down ones could be emulated using the normal ones - but i guess u have auto-repeat set in traktor for them? if so then that's the best/easiest way to do it atm. there's no auto-repeat functionality in midimasher yet. ie: it can do something when u press or release a button but no way of repeatedly doing anything between those two events.

i guess we'll have the same issue with any kind of "fader" control that you want to map to up/down buttons on a controller. i should add a way that a function can be called at timed intervals so then we could add auto-repeat controls with variable repeat times - depending on how fast/slow u wanted it to repeat - also i guess an initial delay time before the auto repeat starts - else you'd never be able to just increment it by '1' tick etc.
    I'm pretty sure that's it. Maybe one or two others. I'll check my old configs when I get home