"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 17
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

On page 1 I'm going to have 2 midifighters in regular mode with deckalized in the top 2 rows, the next 3 are Sample volume up, sample volume down, and sample play (in descending order), or with the shift button pressed sample filter up/down and sample on.

Bottom row controls loop recorder.
    Page 2 is your mixer page.
    Page 3 will have the deck A deckalized mf on top of the left and deck B on bottom of the left side
    4 columns will be in this order... deck A volume (all 8 buttons) deck A filter (Top button filter on/off...lower 7 are the fader)...and repeated for deck B

That's what I doodled at work today at least. Probably get it hammered out tomorrow. I'll upload it when I'm done

The modifications I made I don't really use anymore now that the midifighter in regular mode works.
    I'll upload the tsi soon so you can take a peek if you want

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    Page 3 will have the deck A deckalized mf on top of the left and deck B on bottom of the left side
    4 columns will be in this order... deck A volume (all 8 buttons) deck A filter (Top button filter on/off...lower 7 are the fader)...and repeated for deck B
    that's a pretty cool idea... nice use of 2 virtual midi fighters like that so you can also use virtual faders on the same page
    I'll upload the tsi soon so you can take a peek if you want
    cool, cheers

i thought i wouldn't be using the virtual midi fighter feature now that i have a real one - but i still prefer the led feedback on the launchpad.

btw you can customise the "off colors" for virtual midifighter pads by defining a list of colors like this:

Code:
    mf_colors = { lp_lo_orange, lp_lo_red, lp_hi_red, lp_hi_red,
        lp_lo_red, lp_lo_green, lp_lo_green, lp_lo_green,
        lp_mi_green, lp_mi_green, lp_mi_green, lp_mi_green,
        lp_lo_orange, lp_hi_orange, lp_hi_orange, lp_lo_orange }
    and then pass that in along with a single 'on' color:

Code:
    virtual_midifighter("lp", 1, "midifighter2", 1, 4, lp_hi_yellow, mf_colors)
    the list should go 1st row, 2nd row etc but i think at the moment it's going 1st col, 2nd col, i'll change that for the next release if it's wrong.

a previous version of my code used x,y instead of row,col for grid controls which is what caused issues with the midi fighter functions i just fixed. still not sure which way makes more sense, but too much is now row,col to change probably.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

I'm having problems with 2 virtual midifighters in a config file. Am I doing something wrong? I only get midi from the one on the right.

All of my midiports are right I think

I'm having problems with 2 virtual midifighters in a config file. Am I doing something wrong? I only get midi from the one on the right.

All of my midiports are right I think
    two normal mode virtual midifighters yep? don't think i tested that combination - i'll do that later and release an update if i needed to make any code changes. the code for a normal mode midi fighter is fairly simple, could be that i didn't make allowance for it being called twice, which would be dumb of me but quite possible code is in lib/midifighter.lua if u wanted to have a look before i get a chance. probably just some variable(s) not localised properly.

after a really quick look, it seems i didn't localise the variables "any2mf_map" and "mf2any_map" which i think would mean that the 2nd midi fighter added would work but probably not the first?

will have a proper look/debug asap.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    after a really quick look, it seems i didn't localise the variables "any2mf_map" and "mf2any_map" which i think would mean that the 2nd midi fighter added would work but probably not the first?

will have a proper look/debug asap.
    That seems like it is right. Yep, 2 normal mode MFs. If I could have up to 4 I would be totally stoked!

Thanks for looking.

That seems like it is right. Yep, 2 normal mode MFs. If I could have up to 4 I would be totally stoked!

Thanks for looking.
    cool sure. had no time tonight to debug but will have tomorrow. once this is fixed you'll be able to have as many as you want - tho i suspect there's no real need to ever have more than 4

the only theoretical limit is whether windows has a limit on the maximum number of midi ports or not. i do seem to remember having an issue when i had somewhere around 14 or so ports mapped via loopMIDI.

if i can get access to the dll interface used by loopMIDI tho midimasher will be able to dynamically create it's own midi ports and so you'd only need half as many. plus no manual setup in loopMIDI which would be cool. waiting for a reply from the authour of loopMIDI on that.

Tech Mentor

So does this mean I can safely make my config file and put in the MF code in the right place?
    Also... the MF colors are turned 90 degrees counter clockwise so you know...I mean since you will already be in the code

If that's too much of a pain I can always compensate myself

here you go

* midimasher.djism.com/downloads/
    * rotated the initial off colors for normal mode virtual midifighter, now goes from top left to bottom right, one row at a time, as opposed to before which was one column at a time
    * fixed multiple instances of normal mode virtual midifighters

it actually took me ages to debug until i realised that i had both outputs set to the same port in traktor sheesh... ah well... my original hunch was correct and all i had to do was add the word "local" before two variables in the virtual_midifighter() function

So does this mean I can safely make my config file and put in the MF code in the right place?
    Also... the MF colors are turned 90 degrees counter clockwise so you know...I mean since you will already be in the code

If that's too much of a pain I can always compensate myself
    yep - should be fine now. i tested by putting two normal mode midifighters on page 2. you should be able to add 4 on one page if u wanted ofc.

you could even have the same virtual midifighter in diff places on diff pages - just for convenience.

here's a stupid example:

Code:
    virtual_midifighter("lp", 1, "midifighter1", 1, 0)
    virtual_midifighter("lp", 1, "midifighter2", 1, 4)

virtual_midifighter("lp", 2, "midifighter2", 1, 0)
    virtual_midifighter("lp", 2, "midifighter1", 1, 4)
    which would put 2 normal mode midifighters side by side on page 1 as A+B on and then as B+A on page 2

stupid example ofc - but demonstrates multiple copies of the same virtual midifighter and shows that led feedback all links properly between them. led status will also tie up if u have any other matching buttons anywhere on any pages - like the original "play" buttons i added to the top of page 1 etc.

it does mean tho that u could have one page on the lp that is just 4 midifighters and then have another page with the midifighters for decks A+B on top of each other with your faders to the right etc.

Tech Mentor

Here's my config, device, and tsi.

I'll make a thread and write up about it soon, but you can test it out until then.

Bottom row is loop recorder... LtoR Delete, Size down, size up, record, play, dry wet down, dry wet up, dry wet 50%