"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 16
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    blah blah blah

* add_control() can now has a new 3 arg form
    ** e.g: add_control("play_a", 1, "C#-2") or add_control("play_a", 1, "CC001")
    * add_grid_control() has a similar 4 arg form as well as the old 5 arg one
    ** e.g: add_grid_control(0, 2, 1, "C#2")

* bug fix: virtual_midifighter() function now works
    Wow! Thanks so much! Everything else is exciting, but this is especially so.
    Virtual midifighter here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    Wow! Thanks so much! Everything else is exciting, but this is especially so.
    Virtual midifighter here I come!
    no problem i would have uploaded it yesterday with the new add_control() stuff in but had internet issues. it did mean that i had a day to really test the new version tho which was cool - as a lot has changed.

personally i really like the flashing leds and the fader/vumeters. in the mixer page i added a toggle on the "vol" button to switch the main volume faders between normal mode and vumeter modes.

i guess it's nice having the leds all switch at the same time when u change pages - tho the old way didn't bother me. it actually needs to be this way tho to have the flashing colors enabled. if you don't want those you can change the call to launchpad.set_page() back to just set_page() in your config and comment out the call to launchpad.flash_enable() in devices/launchpad.lua.

kind of cool tho being able to just choose any color and have the button flash in sync with traktor tho
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

nothing interesting there yet, just all versions to download and a file browser, but i'll be adding more info here soon (hopefully)... mm.djism.com

it's the shortest url i could come up with - saves too much typing
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

basic setup instructions now on mm.djism.com/ and latest versions will always be there.

basic setup instructions now on mm.djism.com/ and latest versions will always be there.
    Still waiting for that new thread.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    Still waiting for that new thread.
    not sure i really have a need for a new thread anyway yet? as soon as someone comes up with a full mapping (hint hint) for any controller then they should probably create a new thread for that. at the moment there's nothing that people can just run+use, apart from the basic midifighter emulation stuff?

guess i could create a new thread with that - write some crap about the midimasher customisation etc - and take it from there?

edit: next thing for me to work on is the "twitch" like stuff to use on a launchpad - those toggle-able areas the twitch has.

once i have that done then i'll create a more full multi-page launchpad mapping - that i'd definately create a new thread for.

edit2: it's only really been a week or so that i've had decent feedback from various people that a) midimasher runs on their pc's and b) it doesn't catch firre or something anyway

but yep - i do need to create it's own more visible thread sometime. i'm sure most people don't check this one.

edit3: i'd like to come up with a launchpad mapping for traktor to beat all and any existing mappings that are out there. but i guess for that i need feedback/info on people as to what should be there.

can probably keep the number of actual pages/layers to a minimum with the twitch style areas too.
    Last edited by zestoi; 10-17-2011 at 07:59 AM.

not sure i really have a need for a new thread anyway yet? as soon as someone comes up with a full mapping (hint hint) for any controller then they should probably create a new thread for that. at the moment there's nothing that people can just run+use, apart from the basic midifighter emulation stuff?

guess i could create a new thread with that - write some crap about the midimasher customisation etc - and take it from there?

Like I said, I'm working on that Mixtrack one. Two, actually. The default Mixtrack mapping and my own mapping. Plans for Fader FX are go.

And, yes. Midimasher is polished enough for a thread such as that.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    Like I said, I'm working on that Mixtrack one. Two, actually. The default Mixtrack mapping and my own mapping. Plans for Fader FX are go.

And, yes. Midimasher is polished enough for a thread such as that.
    cool and cheers i am pretty pleased with it now i must admit. i should have a full launchpad mapping with all bells and whistles finished in a week or so hopefully. depending on how much free time i get from work.

also editted the mm.djism.com more earlier, adding in screen grabs of traktor and stuff to help people to get started, so that info shouldn't need explaining again in any threads here. hopefully the info on setting up a midifighter will be useful too, with pictures of how to use the "add > import" for extra mappings as well as the "big import button" as they often seem to confuse people.

Tech Mentor

I'm still trying to decide what the best possible mapping for myself would be using midimasher.
    A little difficult to wrap my head around

The 3rd page being for Ableton is nice, but I have found myself neglecting it.
    I'm really trying to narrow it down to 2 pages, 3 max.

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    I'm still trying to decide what the best possible mapping for myself would be using midimasher.
    A little difficult to wrap my head around

The 3rd page being for Ableton is nice, but I have found myself neglecting it.
    I'm really trying to narrow it down to 2 pages, 3 max.
    i'd love to have a play with your config tho u said u changed some stuff in the tsi? if those make sense to be the defaults then i'd like to include your tsi mods. i also have some extra controls that i'd like to add to whatever is the tsi - and ofc we can only have one with all the controls in.

there's nothing to stop someone adding a second generic midi device in traktor tho - using the same in+out ports with their own tsi of extra functions - and adding some more controls to the devices/traktor.lua file. i was thinking that maybe that devices file should maybe check for something like lib/traktor.user.lua or something - and if exists then include it automatically - so people can add their own custom stuff.

*ideally* we'd only ever need one big tsi ofc - with people just tweaking stuff like the jog wheel sensitivity stuff in it.

i agree on only 2 or 3 pages. most of the big multi page mappings i have seen for the launchpad just seem too confusing. i quite like multi layers - but i need to know what/where to go to to change something quickly without having to think about it.

when i add the twitch areas to page one of my own launchpad/traktor mapping then just those bottom 3 rows will take care of hotcues/loops/beatmasher/slicer for decks a+b so plenty of space left for other stuff.

i'd like to have transport controls for a+b, sample deck control and maybe some instant effects on page one? not too sure what else i'd be missing then anyway?

did u try the latest version with the flashing leds and vumeters on page 4?

i did a lot of testing on sunday and i'm still shocked at how little cpu midimasher seems to use, even with the beatphases for decks a+b being processed for flashing leds and the channel levels for the vumeter on this old intel cpu 4400 laptop it seemed to stay max out at about 0.6% cpu usage - and that's on just one of the two cpu's i presume.