"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 15
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    I'm actually just using the automap screen shot from omnimode to do the monome_midi device. I'm sure I'll do it the other way when it's made available. Turns out. The old method isn't too hard with a reference handy.
    awesome i can upload a version with this in, in an hour or so. i've had some stability issues the last couple of days with the new buffer switching stuff with my launchpad so might just comment out that stuff for now. the launchpad is aa great device but is quite picky as to what/when u send data to it. it's quite possible to lockup your pc if it's not happy. same has been seen from a few peoples launchpad tsi's when they included led feedback. i wish novation would release a more stable driver.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    I'm actually just using the automap screen shot from omnimode to do the monome_midi device.
    Onimodeeeeeeeeee. :C

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    awesome i can upload a version with this in, in an hour or so. i've had some stability issues the last couple of days with the new buffer switching stuff with my launchpad so might just comment out that stuff for now.
    Speaking of changed to the API and whatnot, is there a way currently to have a "shift" button as a toggle-able button? button_shift() makes a momentary button only. I'm currently mapping my MixTrack out of fun, but seeking full original functionality.
    Last edited by Onimode; 10-15-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    Onimodeeeeeeeeee. :C
    actually i almost write omnimode the other day... being how "omni mode" is where midi data is sent on all 16 channels

Speaking of changed to the API and whatnot, is there a way currently to have a "shift" button as a toggle-able button? button_shift() makes a momentary button only. I'm currently mapping my MixTrack out of fun, but seeking full original functionality.
    sure - no need for any new functions for that. the shift button on the layout i created uses this:

Code:
    hold_modifier("lp", "arm", 0, lp_hi_yellow, lp_lo_red, "lp_shift")
    all you need to do to create one called "lp_toggle" on the "solo" button is this:

Code:
    toggle_modifier("lp", "solo", 0, lp_hi_yellow, lp_lo_red, "lp_toggle")
    you can then pass "lp_toggle" into that button_shift() function as normal. it just checks the state of the variable "lp_toggle" it doesn't care how/what set it. whether from code or a shift button or toggle etc.

button_shift() was probably a bad name - i just wanted a quick and dirty function that i could give two different events to send to traktor depending on the state of a shift button. feel free to come up with a new name for it

also, if u look in lib/base.lua you'll see other functions you can use for routing data in different ways:

Code:
    -- Function             Toggled   Target   Local     Ignore Src   Routing
    --                                         Led Set   Off Events
    --
    -- pipe()               no        device   no        no           A ---> B
    -- join()               no        device   no        no           A <--> B
    --
    -- trigger()            no        device   yes       yes          A ---> B
    -- button()             no        device   yes       no           A <--> B
    -- button_shift()       no        device   yes       no           A ---> B
    -- toggle()             yes       device   yes       no           A <--> B
    --
    -- pipe_modifier()      no        var      yes       no           A ---> V
    -- hold_modifier()      no        var      yes       no           A <--> V
    -- toggle_modifier()    yes       var      yes       no           A <--> V
    i've changed the names of functions round so many times already - but just realised that button_shift() function isn't duplex so should either be made duplex or renamed to trigger_shift() or maybe just something completely different
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

I'm currently mapping my MixTrack out of fun, but seeking full original functionality.
    does this mean you'll have a devices/mixtrack.lua file i can grab sometime?

also, if u look in lib/base.lua you'll see other functions you can use for routing data in different ways:

i've changed the names of functions round so many times already - but just realised that button_shift() function isn't duplex so should either be made duplex or renamed to trigger_shift() or maybe just something completely different
    I'll try this now.
    But what you've put here looks different than your latest release. :P

does this mean you'll have a devices/mixtrack.lua file i can grab sometime?
    Maaaaaaaybe.
    http://pastebin.com/gtEjj9H5
    Last edited by Onimode; 10-15-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'll try this now.
    But what you've put here looks different than your latest release. :P
    yep - those comments are, i just editted them, but the functions are the same

fantastic! just added devices/mixtrack.lua

i do have a newer version that i'm itching to release, also has the new version of add_control(), i'm still trying to check what code might have been causing the lockups with the launchpad. worst case scenario i'll release it later today with the new page switch and flashing led related code commented out for now.

Tech Mentor

I'm having trouble with midi_monome so for now I'm just mlrizing ableton. Working fine so far

glad this thread has taken off

I'm concentrating on an actual diy build at the moment so the mapping stuff will come later.... still interesting following the progress in this thread though - keep it up

big update... especially the extra launchpad support stuff...

* http://djism.com/mm/midimasher-20111016.zip

launchpad support:
    * modded launchpad.init(), faster test of leds, enables flashing leds
    * launchpad flashing leds now work, just select a flashing color like lp_flash_hi_red instead of lp_hi_red
    * new func launchpad.traktor_sync() which will sync the flashing leds to traktor beats
    * new launchpad.set_page() that ensures flashing leds still work as expected after page switching and makes led updates 'appear' instant using the double buffering of the launchpad
    * new launchpad.set_contrast() function

* new "heartbeat" event from traktor that uses either of deck A or deck B beat phase and will flip if the active one stops
    * play+kill toggles now flash in time to traktor the launchpad.lua config

* add_control() can now has a new 3 arg form
    ** e.g: add_control("play_a", 1, "C#-2") or add_control("play_a", 1, "CC001")
    * add_grid_control() has a similar 4 arg form as well as the old 5 arg one
    ** e.g: add_grid_control(0, 2, 1, "C#2")

* virtual yfaders now have 3 modes:
    ** normal: just a fader with feedback from traktor etc (+option to set leds without midi feedback)
    ** vumeter: pass in extra device/event args at the end, like traktor/monitor_deck_afl_mono_a etc
    ** shifted vumeter: switch to vumeter mode when a shift (or toggle) is set, pass the name of a shift variable as the final arg (this is how i have it setup in config/launchpad.lua at the moment, the new toggle is top/right by the mixer button)

* bug fix: where feedback from traktor wasn't only sent to the required page on the lp
    * bug fix: virtual faders not always showing correct value
    * bug fix: virtual_midifighter() function now works

it turns out the instability issues i was blaming on the lp before was due to me using traktor with the internal soundcard in my laptop, where i usually use a usb attached device. odd tho?

edit: and a devices/mixtrack.lua file
    Last edited by zestoi; 10-16-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    glad this thread has taken off

I'm concentrating on an actual diy build at the moment so the mapping stuff will come later.... still interesting following the progress in this thread though - keep it up
    yep, me too finally started to gain some momentum and other people to help me test/use/break it....

maybe i'll even create a more visible new thread sometime soon... or someone else might who's using and created a complete mapping. i've been concentrating on the core components way more than trying to use them to build mappings recently.