"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 13
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    @zestoi and anyone interested/using a launchpad with midimasher

I'm working on making page 2 take care of loops, plooping, hotcues, moving the top row from page 1 onto page 2 as well.

That leaves me with 2 more rows of 4 buttons for each deck left over. Any ideas? Suggestions? Requests?

I'll post the changed files as soon as I have them done.
    awesome, sounds cool i'd like control over sample decks and there's no support at the moment for normal decks C+D in the tsi and mm config file for traktor. they can be added ofc, but need adding to the tsi too.

i did add a few more things to the latest version too, which i forgot to mention. just some controls for changing the effects units modes and stuff like "send monitor state" that i don't understand as i had assumed it would send back the status of all controls after it received that? i.e: to sync up the leds for eq+levels on the launchpad initially...

don't forget i'll be releasing a version with "twitch" like areas at the bottom of page 1 that could be used for loops+hotcues+mashing etc ala "itch"

there again thats the only multi page support that the twitch has i guess, so that might be over kill on a launchpad config with multiple pages? i'll finish and release the code anyway tho, in case it's useful for people in the future. it basically just allows the creation of any size grid (or on any buttons etc for that matter) on any page, with a set of page select toggles above (or anywhere) like the top right we have in this launchpad config.

i'm really chuffed you're using midimasher to create your config - can't wait to see and try it
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

I am thinking about putting sample deck controls on page 3 (if I add sample decks to the LP at all). The nanokontrol is just so perfect for sample decks/loop recorder.

I had to change up the tsi already to make the loop buttons work how I wanted. Changed all of the loop size commands to loop size + set.

I am thinking about putting sample deck controls on page 3 (if I add sample decks to the LP at all). The nanokontrol is just so perfect for sample decks/loop recorder.

I had to change up the tsi already to make the loop buttons work how I wanted. Changed all of the loop size commands to loop size + set.
    cool sure. make any changes like that that seem sensible, or add in new ones if needed. these are what i added to the latest version but i'll add them to your tsi once you're done. this is where that xtreme mapping app would be useful i guess

Code:
    add_control("send_monitor_state",               6, "cc", 1);
    add_control("show_slider_values",               6, "cc", 12);

add_control("snap_mode",                        6, "cc", 2);
    add_control("quant_on",                         6, "cc", 3);

add_control("fx_panel_mode_unit1_group",        6, "cc", 4);
    add_control("fx_panel_mode_unit1_single",       6, "cc", 5);
    add_control("fx_panel_mode_unit2_group",        6, "cc", 6);
    add_control("fx_panel_mode_unit2_single",       6, "cc", 7);
    add_control("fx_panel_mode_unit3_group",        6, "cc", 8);
    add_control("fx_panel_mode_unit3_single",       6, "cc", 9);
    add_control("fx_panel_mode_unit4_group",        6, "cc", 10);
    add_control("fx_panel_mode_unit4_single",       6, "cc", 11);
    i'm sure there's more stuff we need in the tsi and traktor.lua file and probably a few others need tweaking. i stupidly made quite a few toggles originally in the tsi, which is dumb for midimasher. if its in "hold" mode then we can choose from the midimasher config whether we want hold or toggle...

let me know if u find any bugs or need some more lua putting in the main libs etc...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Mentor

I'm kind of thinking about putting the mixer page on page 2 and turning page 4 into mlrv control.

do I need to make a new .lua file for that in the config folder?

Any help here would be great
    Mainly just with starting the new .lua
    If it's anything like the traktor.lua (which I'm assuming it is) I can probably figure it out
    I haven't really looked at the traktor one too much and won't be able to for a couple hours. Iwill probably have a more specific question then...
    Just throwing it out there for now
    Last edited by muffintop; 10-13-2011 at 04:13 PM.

I'm kind of thinking about putting the mixer page on page 2 and turning page 4 into mlrv control.

do I need to make a new .lua file for that in the config folder?

cool sure. you can also use more than 4 pages if needed ofc. i only used those 4 as i thought it was enough and the top/left 4 arrows seem perfect for track browsing or something. hadn't heard of mlrv before - brings up some cool stuff about the monome tho when i google?

i'd say keep the same lua filename or rename - up to you. just be cool to have a decent launchpad mapping i could always create a file called launchpad_twitch.lua or something for a "twitch" like mapping.

btw i've just enabled flashing leds on my launchpad. might be useful for when samples are playing or something. by default it flashes at it's own speed but i'll probably try to tie it into the beatphase from traktor.

basically you just use those *_flash colors, that don't do anything in previous versions. there'll also be flashing versions of all shades available. i just hadn't looked into the lp's buffering and the way of flashing leds before now.

Mainly just with starting the new .lua
    If it's anything like the traktor.lua (which I'm assuming it is) I can probably figure it out
    I haven't really looked at the traktor one too much and won't be able to for a couple hours. Iwill probably have a more specific question then...
    Just throwing it out there for now
    guess u editted your post while i had the reply window open...

you can create any new lua file in the config folder which will then get shown when in the list mm.exe -i is run.

if u mean a new device file - like the traktor one - then u can use the learn.exe to map most/all of the controls for a new device.

the traktor one is a bit different from the rest as i had no choice but to manually edit that with whatever values i put in the traktor.tsi file. mapping physical devices is simpler tho.

the point of any devices/ file tho is to say what control maps to what midi data and then add in any extra functions that might be useful for that device - tho i'm thinking that kind of stuff is probably better in a lib/ file - not sure - and not all that important at this stage anyway.

fire away with any more questions when u have them

edit: ah... that's an app? then yep, you'll need to manually create a devices/mlrv.lua file like i have for traktor. and add a new open_midi_device() call to it in your config file.
    Last edited by zestoi; 10-13-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Tech Mentor

Mlrv2 and up can be mapped to any grid controller from what I understand. It's a very cool max patch. Also it can be synced to midi clock, so I'll probably use it instead
    of sample decks

Mlrv2 and up can be mapped to any grid controller from what I understand. It's a very cool max patch. Also it can be synced to midi clock, so I'll probably use it instead
    of sample decks
    cool, sounds interesting would be cool to find an alternative to either running ableton for clips or just the 8 sample decks in traktor.

@muffintop you don't *have* to create a devices/name.lua file for the app if u don't want to - tho it probably makes sense in the long run.

it just means you can't use stuff like send("myapp", "some-action", 127) but you can still use send_midi() or send_midi_raw()

send_midi(device, channel, type, value, velocity)

e.g:

send_midi("myapp", 1, MIDI_NOTE_ON, 64, 127)
    'type' can be any of MIDI_NOTE_ON, MIDI_NOTE_OFF, MIDI_CC or MIDI_PC

if you want to send anything else then u have to use send_midi_raw() that just takes the device name and list of raw midi data (can be any length)

e.g:
    send_midi_raw("scs3d", 240, 0, 1, 96, 1, 0, 247)

numbers can be in decimal or hex like 0x20

using the devices/ files means we can keep all the nasty actual midi implementation out of other user files tho...

Tech Mentor

Does the midi note have to be cc or can it be actual note value? I need it to be real notes to hack the mlrv page to work. I think it's doable though