"Intermediary midi mapping" software *discussion thread* (Traktor mapping is a pain) - Page 11
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    probably a bit silly, but you can have as many normal or 4banks mode virtual mf's as u want, for example this would put two side by side:

Code:
    virtual_midifighter_4banks("lp", 1, "midifighter1", 1, 0)
    virtual_midifighter_4banks("lp", 1, "midifighter1", 1, 4)
    ...and probably break the instant grat tsi as they're sharing the same modifiers in traktor ofc but would be more useful if u wanted two normal mode mf's next to each other for different decks. you'd need to create two more virtual midi ports for the second one in that case tho.
    How did you know my next question... Pure genius. I'll test that out after work

Quote Originally Posted by Onimode View Post
    Configuring your Midimasher makes me want to go back to pawn coding. :U
    that looks pretty cool, you mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawn_%2...g_language%29?

i only actually chose lua when i realised i needed something more dynamic than a simple config file format so hunted around for an embeddable interpreter. i hope lua was the right choice, i think the syntax is one of the simplest. i hadn't even heard of it until a few months ago.

also i love the fact that u can create functions on the fly... for example saying:

function floob(blah) ...

is only syntactic sugar for this:

floob = function(blah) ...

which means passing functions into functions is uber simple. this is *very* useful for midimasher so you can pass in actions to be run on events etc

Code:
    capture("traktor", "play_a", ALL, 0, function(d, e, v, p)
       if v > 0 then
          print "deck a has started"
       else
          print "deck a has stopped"
       end
    end)
    tho you can also pre-define functions so u can pass in the same one multiple times. any function that takes a callback can also just take the name of the function as a string.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    How did you know my next question... Pure genius. I'll test that out after work
    cheers lol i'll be testing the normal mode virtual midifighter code tonight anyway and also double checking a couple of things with the 4banks one.

of course the normal mode mf function is only really useful if u want to use a pre-existing tsi file with it. if not it's probably easier to just map 4x4 buttons within midimasher.

also the new twitch like functionality will also let u create any size grid where the top row (or anywhere i guess) is a toggle group for page selecting - and then u can use any midimasher function to map to those sub-pages. that bit of code works mostly - except for some led feedback/refresh.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    I do. I used to make plugins for Counter-Strike 1.6 servers I helped run. Of course that was a few years ago. :P

Also, would making super faders/knobs be possible?
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I do. I used to make plugins for Counter-Strike 1.6 servers I helped run. Of course that was a few years ago. :P

Also, would making super faders/knobs be possible?
    cool i know world of warcraft uses lua for the gui or something. my better half is addicted to that but i can't see her coding any lua somehow

super knobs should be easy to implement. either using capture() to send out various events to traktor directly or as part of the setup for the controller you could make those faders fake the extra events and then use the pipe()/button()/capture()/etc with those as u would do any actual event coming in from the controller.

something like:

Code:
    capture("lpd8", "fader1", ALL, 0, function(d, e, v, p)
       if v == 63 then
          create("lpd8", "fader_foo", 0)
       elseif v == 127 then
          create("lpd8", "fader_foo", 127) 
       end
    end)
    which would then add an extra event called "fader_foo" to the top half of a fader on an lpd8. i guess you'd want to do something more complex than that - but thats the theory anyway... (could be typo's there - i only just typed it into here)

create() basically just fakes input to a controller and it doesn't have to be limitted to the actual midi/events of the controller itself. in devices/traktor.lua there's a function that creates a "heartbeat_a" event from the beatphase monitor using create().

Tech Mentor

How would I add CC data to pages 2 and 3? Just the code for a single momentary button on the top left square button of page 2/3 and I can fill out the rest.

I have a couple ideas for those pages

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    How would I add CC data to pages 2 and 3? Just the code for a single momentary button on the top left square button of page 2/3 and I can fill out the rest.

I have a couple ideas for those pages
    Code:
    button("lp", "0,0", 2 or 3, on_color, off_color, "traktor", "command here")
    Using colors from one of zestoi's posts or the launchpad.lua in the devices folder. Commands are in traktor.lua in the same folder. Use 2 or 3 to define the page. :P

Edit: So do you plan on adding those APC40 files I sent you to the next build, zestoi?
    Last edited by Onimode; 10-11-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Code:
    button("lp", "0,0", 2 or 3, on_color, off_color, "traktor", "command here")
    Using colors from one of zestoi's posts or the launchpad.lua in the devices folder. Commands are in traktor.lua in the same folder. Use 2 or 3 to define the page. :P
    yep - exactly here's another example too... as well as specifying a specific page (like 2) or for a control to be on all pages (by saying 0) you can also put a control on just some specific pages..

Code:
    button("lp", "0,0", {2, 3}, on_color, off_color, "traktor", "command here")
    i suspect that 99% of the time you'd want something on one page or all pages, but you never know...

Edit: So do you plan on adding those APC40 files I sent you to the next build, zestoi?
    of course this is exactly what i was hoping would happen - that people would help build up support for extra controllers it now has device support for the apc40 (thanks to you) and the mpd18 (thanks to austin) as well as the ones i own.

i'd also like to collect together more configs from users too as well as any useful extra functions to do stuff that i hadn't though of. i know it's all early days but feels like heading in the right direction now...

the theory is that people can extend it as much as they need - so long as the core code can support that. i'm still a bit shocked at how well the embedded lua seems to perform too...

just thought of a an odd config... turning my real midifighter (running in normal mode) into a 4banks midifighter via midimasher...

open_midi_device("midifighter1", "generic", "MidiFighter1 Input", "MidiFighter1 Output")
    open_midi_device("mfc", "midifighter", "Midi Fighter Classic", "Midi Fighter Classic", 4)
    virtual_midifighter_4banks("mfc", 1, "midifighter1", 0, 0, ON, OFF)

not exactly all that useful in itself *but* it sets the midifighter up with 4 midimasher pages... and i can use some buttons on a different controller to change the page of the midifighter by calling set_page("mfc", page)

this means i could have a 4banks midifighter on page 1, a normal mode midifighter on page 2 and as many other pages for mapping anything else that i want.

i thought i might just have a single toggle button on my launchpad that changes the midifighter between pages 1 and 2, one with a 4banks tsi and the other with sample decks stuff or something...

Tech Mentor

You have freed up my nanokontrol to take care of sample decks and loop recorder. Appreciate it a lot

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast