Throwing in dubstep in electro house! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you can also find 2 same tracks with different remixes, like scary monsters and nice sprites (zedd remix) with the noisa remix, i hope you understand what i mean :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman A. View Post
    you can also find 2 same tracks with different remixes, like scary monsters and nice sprites (zedd remix) with the noisa remix, i hope you understand what i mean :P
    This is actually a really good suggestion, I've done this witha few tracks in the past and it really an awesome way of moving to different genres.

Getting back on topic, its about being creative, echo freeze is like the most obvious going, I'd advise finding bridging tracks, for my money the best sets are the ones that float between genres seemlessly.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    I still love Skrillex stuff, but vids like this really do push my love his stuff to the limits. I mean I'd probably "accidentally" drop him aswell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePgQXL9kCAo
    fwiw, these vids are somehow completely unrepresentative of seeing skrillex live. i saw him this halloween weekend in san francisco & was completely worried he would yammer on between songs OR worse, turn down the sound mid-track & yell commands at the crowd like 12th planet did before him (how many times can a performer demand "i wanna see those hands in the air!"… ugh.) i figured i'd put up with it if mr. moore felt he needed to blather cos i effin groove on that boy's music like it's nobody's bidness.

well, i was ridiculously pleasantly surprised that he hardly spoke at all, & the crowd did NOT need to be told what to do; our hands were muthafukin IN. THE. AIR.

a bit off-topic, but might i add that his stage setup & the projected visuals were superb.

lastly, thanks to the vast majority of posters who responded for giving useful answers to the OP's question. that's a refreshing change from a lot of forums i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by qyzyx View Post
    Follow in the example of DJ icons like Skrillex or Porter Robinson. Kill the music completely, then get on the mic and talk about how awesome the next track will be. Then play it from bar fucking 1 and pretend to be a rockstar as you dance around the booth like a flamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjAiXXNZw8

It's in 4/4, just mix it for christ's sake. Don't make the crowd sit through a full minute of intro, that's just awkward.
    hahah, fucking great
    Latest Production: https://soundcloud.com/pjetrovmusic/techhouse-project-1
    - F1 - F1 - CME UF6 - Maschine Mikro -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12