Kontrol S4 + Midifighter or Numark NS7

Default Kontrol S4 + Midifighter or Numark NS7

What would you choose? I mean im getting either one. I'm currently using the Traktor pro software only. But i can get used to any software in like 1 -2 weeks. I like the feel of the NS7 cause i tried it out today. But, i notice it doesnt have a filter knob? Unless i didnt see it. So what are your thoughts? thanks guys.

hands down, it would get the s4 and midi fighter. i had the ns7 for a while and i hated lugging it around. portability is definitely an issue if you plan on getting gigs. also the functions on the s4 and the 1:1 mapping with traktor is awesome. traktor is a more flexible software in my opinion.

The ns6 would be a better comparison to the s4
    www.elliotgrainger.com

vci 300 mk2
    13in mbp

Quote Originally Posted by BestLegsinHD View Post
    hands down, it would get the s4 and midi fighter. i had the ns7 for a while and i hated lugging it around. portability is definitely an issue if you plan on getting gigs. also the functions on the s4 and the 1:1 mapping with traktor is awesome. traktor is a more flexible software in my opinion.
    +1...Kontrol S4 and Midifighter setup is way more robust and portable. Plus the NHL protocol on the S4 allows for more data to be processed than regular midi when working with traktor

I hated the ns7. I bought a ns6 yesterday, hated that too and switched back to an S4.

The .TSI file the numark supplies on their website for traktor simply does not work, so don't buy the NS6 unless you want to use serato.
    Traktor Kontrol S4 | MacBook Pro ''15 | Traktor Pro 2
    Twitter
    Facebook
    SoundCloud
    Mertojolt

I have a ns7 and my DJing partner uses an S4. Honestly, i dont think it is very much trouble lugging the ns7 around to gigs. Carrying around a Ns7 is basically the same thing as bringing your own dvs/turntable setup to your gigs. And if you think about it that way, the ns7 is by far the most portable solution if you want to scratch.
    Personally, i would get an S4 and get some turntables to use timecode on, but the crossfader is non replaceable!!! Also im really looking forward to the bridge comming out for itch.
    -oh yea, there is no dedicated filter nob on the ns7, but you have high pass and low pass filters in you fx bank that work with the nsfx.
    The bottom line is, if you want to scratch, then the ns7 is your best option. If you dont scratch then the S4 rapes the ns7 in every way. 4 channels, WAY better Fx, timecode ready, runs on traktor, more cue points ext.

Tech Guru

i have an NS7, and just traded away my S4.

It really all depends on how you enjoy you to play. I traded my S4 for a DJM-800 and use it with an X1 with Traktor and play only house music on that setup. The NS7 I use for hip-hop, open format. I truly enjoy the "feel" of the NS7 over the S4. At some point I could care less about all the features that something has. I can only use so many of those features at a time, and the crowd could care less about my midi mapping skills.

When I use the NS7 (and now the DJM-800) I feel much more involved with the music than I did with the S4. I enjoy it more and think I play much better because of it. The S4 while feature packed, does feel like a toy in comparison so take that into account as well.

I think it really all depends on how you want to play, and what you play. Don't sleep on the NS7 though, Itch 2.0 is around the corner.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

if you want to scratch then just use the s4 with a set of decks with a dvs setup. if you need anything else the s4 provides better services than the ns7. s4, sorted
    Mac Mini 2.4ghz Dual Booted OSX 10.6 and XP, TSP2, Numark Mixtrack, iPod Touch with TouchOSC. Gemini XL-500's with a mixer i'm too embarissed to admit!

Check out my easy noob build thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31826