Say you had... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Say you had...

Tech Mentor

Seen the APC40 twice now, why would some of you buy it? Is it mainly for producers playing their music live?

Tech Guru

dunno, with custom mapping anything can work, sure ive used my laptop keyboard with a usb soundcard to play out before... Im looking at buying a xone 4d purely because with traktor i dont think ill ever run out of buttons and ive heard great things about it, like the look of it plus I dont scratch so the jogs dont bother me, if worse came to worst I would buy the small denon sc2000 and toggle that shizz up but doubt id need it, plus it works for D.A.W's with lots of ins and outs and fadders for virtual mixers...would suit my needs perfect
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retrow View Post
    Seen the APC40 twice now, why would some of you buy it? Is it mainly for producers playing their music live?
    Don't look at a controller as how it's advertised, but what could you make it do That's the whole deal behind MIDI.
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-13-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Don't look at a controller as how it's advertised, but what could it do That's the whole deal behind MIDI.
    my keyboard can make letters come up on my screen..... and mashup the shit out of electro....!! :O
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Because it had an excellent array of controls, it doesn't have jog wheels, it has many pages of knob style led lit encoders, it has excellent build quality, is suitable for controlling 8 channels of audio nicely.

It's not bus powered though
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

This is the map Muzicfreq was referring to. It could use an update but I sold the unit. http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=123

And here is my X1 map
    http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=199
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-13-2011 at 02:03 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

S4 and an X1. Spend the leftover on music.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Stupid question, but is this legit?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Native-Instrument...#ht_3528wt_907

Price is 620 euro's for me incl shipping...... over here they cost 860 euro's, whats the catch?

The catch is you then pay VAT on top of it, plus possibly customs and handling charges.
    SC | MC

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retrow View Post
    Stupid question, but is this legit?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Native-Instrument...#ht_3528wt_907

Price is 620 euro's for me incl shipping...... over here they cost 860 euro's, whats the catch?
    1200 comments with a 99% positive is pretty good I would say, but I don't speak dutch or whatever that is. Make sure it's not an educational version or that it's not a controller only. Legally S4 must be sold as a software hardware combo.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast