MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro) - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default MIDI FIGHTER PRO BEAT-MASHER with Instant Gratification mapping

Is there a way to have the Instant Gratification mapping for the arcade buttons as well as the function that the filter and duel fades. Also will the FX presets be functional as well.
    NEED HELP BUYING A MIDI FIGHTER PRO SOON DON'T KNOW WHAT TO GET?

Default Layout

I just tried the Beat Masher Mapping and i wonder if there is a Layout picture or diagram that shows the Shift functions.
    Can't figure out how to navigate through the different Modes.

I can switch between "cuepoints" mode
    and the "mash and tempo control" mode

Sometimes i get access to a lot of FX but i can't get there on purpose

best
    Koolz'

Quote Originally Posted by XDSebXD View Post
    But now Ive got Traktor recognizing when I press buttons, Ive got MF Pro BeatMasher v2.3.1 [Focus AB] imported, but none of the effects work. The CTRL light flashes anytime I touch any button or fader/knob on my beat masher but it doesn't cause any of the fx to work. Im such a noob when it comes to stuff like this. If anyone knows the solution please help!
    It sounds like you may have changed the MIDI channel that your MF Pro outputs somehow (e.g., the menu mode). It should be sending out MIDI on Ch.3, which you can check using free Midi monitoring software (Midi OX for Windows or Midi Pipe for Mac) or even by mapping random things ("add in" anything and then "learn") in Traktor.

Otherwise my guess is that you may have put the MF Pro into 4 Banks Mode without realizing it (and the MF Pro mappings do not use 4 Banks Mode).
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by huss View Post
    Is there a way to have the Instant Gratification mapping for the arcade buttons as well as the function that the filter and duel fades. Also will the FX presets be functional as well.
    The answer to your question is NO, there is currently no mapping that has the Instant Gratification on the arcade buttons but also uses the faders to control effects (as the MF Pro mappings do), the filter knob, and also utilizes the FX presets.

However, it would be possible to make a mapping like this and I will take these ideas into consideration for the future. Thanks for your input.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by koolzuurhoudend View Post
    I just tried the Beat Masher Mapping and i wonder if there is a Layout picture or diagram that shows the Shift functions.
    Can't figure out how to navigate through the different Modes.

I can switch between "cuepoints" mode
    and the "mash and tempo control" mode
    There are really only two other modes in the MF Pro mappings. One is "Juggle/Cue Points Mode" which you enable by pressing Shift+Record Slice. The bottom 8 buttons will then control Cue Points and the LEDs will light up in an alternating pattern to show this.

The other mode is the Slicer mode which can only be entered after you have
    activated the "Record Slice" button (which is shown by the Record Slice LED being on). Entering/exiting the Slicer mode is the same as Juggle mode, Shift+Record Slice.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    The answer to your question is NO, there is currently no mapping that has the Instant Gratification on the arcade buttons but also uses the faders to control effects (as the MF Pro mappings do), the filter knob, and also utilizes the FX presets.

However, it would be possible to make a mapping like this and I will take these ideas into consideration for the future. Thanks for your input.
    So could i do this by imputing the instant gratifications mapping for the midi fighter classic and then mapping the fades like shown in the image???

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    There are really only two other modes in the MF Pro mappings. One is "Juggle/Cue Points Mode" which you enable by pressing Shift+Record Slice. The bottom 8 buttons will then control Cue Points and the LEDs will light up in an alternating pattern to show this.

The other mode is the Slicer mode which can only be entered after you have
    activated the "Record Slice" button (which is shown by the Record Slice LED being on). Entering/exiting the Slicer mode is the same as Juggle mode, Shift+Record Slice.
    Now i get it.
    The FX are only available when the record slice is active.
    Thanks.
    I'm working on a DIY Fighter and i haven't implemented the leds for feedback.
    No fancy blinking lights at all.

best
    Koolz'

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by huss View Post
    So could i do this by imputing the instant gratifications mapping for the midi fighter classic and then mapping the fades like shown in the image???
    An example of this is in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...1Vs&feature=iv

Did someone succeded by modifying the mappings and add the instant gratification features?

Tech Wizard

Default Got my BMP

Ok...MFP noob here...

I got my Beatmasher Pro today! (yay)... been trying to experiment with it to figure it out but some sort of instructions would have been nice.

So I have the current TSI installed and I believe correctly however, the button names do not seem to correlate to the effect names that are coming up. Are the effects programmed with index numbers or names? Meaning if my effects are ordered differently in Traktor will the TSI file be using the wrong effect?

Example. The button in the JPG labeled T3 delay when pushed, always changes the effect to Beatmasher. The Filter 92, changes the effect to just plain filter and the echo is Gater. The Mash1-4 buttons always make a delay.

Is this just an incorrect graphic a change in TSI, a setting issue with my traktor or user error. Documentation would have really helped here..

Also, I get to a mode when I have a slice (loop) active then press shift-record where the bottom eight leds come on and I have no idea what is happening.

Sorry if this post didn't flow very well, I tried to play with as much as I could to figure things out and then dump my confusion here.

Xpozur

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast