MF Pro Beat Masher Mapping (Traktor Pro) - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I'm in the camp of alternatives to tempo buttons. I use it with an s4 and don't need them at all. Anything would be fine. I like the idea of freeze effects or maybe even a second beat masher with different variables and secondary effects.

XpoZur

Tech Wizard

+1 on swapping out the tempo row, I've been thinking about doing that for awhile. Another thing I was considering was swapping out the top row and adding a manual switch from Deck A -> B rather than than the two-button toggle business. I generally use my S4 to handle transport and would rather just have the MFPro as an effects controller.
    2x CDJ 900 | DJM 900 Nexus | TSP2 | 2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz | KRK RP6 | Sennheiser HD 25-1 mkII

Tech Convert

I do like the mapping for the beatmasher but there are things I don't like.

1)The tempo buttons are useless to me, I never use them.

2)Pressing Play to Play the track is fine, having to press Shift+Play to pause is a little annoying. Accidentally, pressing play again will cause it to go to where ever your Cue is in the song (beginning in my case) which is the most annoying thing I'd ever encountered. Mixing a song and then having to deal with going back all the way to beginning of your song (in my case) is a pain in the ass. I have tried to fix this myself in the mapping, didn't work as well as I thought.

Everything else, I am absolutely satisfied with. I use my beatmasher daily. I'd be even more happier if the things were changed.
    Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4
    Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 Flight Case
    MacBook Pro 15"(4 GB RAM, 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)
    Crappy Sony 100W Stereo Speakers W/ 8 inch Sub
    Pioneer HDJ-500 Headphones

Tech Convert

can anyone do a mpping to cahnge the tempo buttons at the bottom , sorry but i am new to the scene.

Tech Mentor

Has anyone managed to make a 4-banks mode mapping for the beatmasher?

Quote Originally Posted by TKS4 View Post
    pressing play again will cause it to go to where ever your Cue is in the song (beginning in my case) which is the most annoying thing I'd ever encountered.
    I did this very blunder last night playing at a nye party, so frustrating, wish there was a way to prevent this, all accidental pushes of the other buttons are easy to recover from but when you hit this one it can make you look so stupid.
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

Tech Convert

i am having a problem with my mf, i just recived today and instead of beat masher been on the third row or even been on the effect presets it is reverb there, which is really anoying anyone no how to change this? and also everytime i change the focus it changes the view!

Quote Originally Posted by TKS4 View Post
    Pressing Play to Play the track is fine, having to press Shift+Play to pause is a little annoying. Accidentally, pressing play again will cause it to go to where ever your Cue is in the song (beginning in my case) which is the most annoying thing I'd ever encountered.
    If you want to change this it is pretty simple. Just follow these steps:

Go into the MF Pro_Deck+IG mapping in the Controller Manager

Sort by Comments (the far right column, you will probably want to extend this column to the right too so you can read the comments)

Find those labeled "Play (Re-Play)" and "Play/Pause" and change the Condition for each of these lines from M7=0 to M7=1 and vice versa (M7=1 to M7=0).

That should be it! In case you're wondering, M7 is the Shift modifier so when Shift is held M7 becomes one but normally M7 is 0.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dj flb View Post
    i am having a problem with my mf, i just recived today and instead of beat masher been on the third row or even been on the effect presets it is reverb there, which is really anoying anyone no how to change this? and also everytime i change the focus it changes the view!
    If you're having issues with the wrong effects loading you will want to re-import the mapping using the large Import button on the bottom left of the Preferences. It often takes two imports for the effect settings to load properly unfortunately.

Please note that the bottom left Import button will overwrite your other mappings and settings so it is always safe to Export your settings first in case you want to be able to revert to them.

As for the view changing when change the focus, you can remove this if you like by going into the Controller Manager, selecting the "MF Pro_Deck+IG..." mapping, sorting by Comments, finding the two lines commented "Deck Layout" and deleting them. Now changing Focus won't change your layout view!
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Tech Wizard

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help me, where can i find a detailed tutorial or set of instructions of the Beatmasher controls. Ive been searching for a while and cant find it...
    Toshibha Satellite, 8GB RAM, Intel i3 processor, 2.40 GHz -Hercules Dj Control Steel -Traktor Pro 2 -Midi Fighter: Beatmasher
    -QTX sound Powered 150 WATT Speakers