Is this cool or what?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Is this cool or what?

Ok so I'm pretty sure I have spread the word enough that I am only 13 and I am probably obsessed with being a DJ. So now I have one last question. I am a very social person so everybody in the small town I live in knows me. And they all know that I DJ. So sometimes people will ask me to do a quick performance in the street or do some small stuff at a party. I say why not? But it is becoming kind of hard to do that without really anything to blast audio. So I have been thinking for the past week or so,talked to my father (He used to be in a rock band, but unfortunately they kicked him out for getting too old.)

So here is the ultimate mobile setup:

FYDELITY Backpack (With Amp & Speakers)
    http://www.shopscratchtracks.com/product-p/94402.htm

Two MidiFighter Classics (or Pros)

An M-Audio X Session Pro/ Numark Stealth Control
    (They are basically the same except the Stealth Control has more buttons and Jog Wheels)

The best part about this setup is that it is cheap, performs well, and will all fit into that backpack!

Tech Mentor

Those speakers are WAY too small...

first of all, you have know idea the power they got- its pretty fricken loud

AND i never said im gonna perform crowds- maybe 4 or 5 people at a time. If im gonna do a party i have speakers already

Tech Mentor

oh well then i suppose its perfect for the purpose, good luck!

Tech Wizard

Regardless o how loud those speakers are.... As soon as more than two people are listening, they're too small.

MMMM i love the smell of noob in the mornin
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Default Job Site Radio..check your local pawn shops to get them cheap if you can't buy new

Hey Man,

If you're just getting off the ground (and we've all been there at some point in time), you're better off future proofing your gear. Mow a few yards, work a few jobs...you get the idea.

The backpack idea is great for hauling your gear but the sound is just going to snap, crackle and pop. They'll be toast after 10 minutes, as you'll just want to pump it louder (trust me).

If you want portable sound for you and 5 or 6 of your friends, while your saving up for base bins, cabs, amps and other gear to shake the garage, you may want to keep an eye on your local hardware stores/Pawn Shops for JobSite all-in-one durable radios.

Here's an example, and they'll get you set for a minute while you work your ass off for some cash. DJ Gear is not cheap, and there is a flood of new gear that you'll be drooling over every 6 months to 1 year. Standard cycle....so you have to plan and future proof your purchases. Be smart, do your homework on gear, use the search function here in the forums and you'll find the answers to all of your other question. You have a wealth of talent here at DJTechtools, and they've all been in your shoes.

Here's an idea from Amazon: (Always look for the auxiliary inputs (you may need an adapter from your gear to the input on this unit ($5.00))

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PB360D-Deluxe-Power-Jobsite/dp/B003H9MDME/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header"]Amazon.com: Bosch PB360D Deluxe Power Box Jobsite Radio: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51m5YzE2KtL.@@AMEPARAM@@51m5YzE2KtL[/ame]

List Price: $478.00

Price: $249.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

You Save: $228.01 (48%)

It's an all in one sound solution, not DJ Gear, but you'll have to improvise until you're stacking cash.

Technical Details

Premium 360 Degree Stereo Sound - 4 speakers plus subwoofer project sound in different directions
    Rugged Rubber/Aluminum Roll Cage offers best protection against tough jobsite conditions and weather-resistant design means you can use it anywhere.
    Runs off of Bosch 14.4V to 18V Lithium Ion Batteries
    Advanced Digital Tuner - Reception in more places along with SD/USB/Auxiliary/Line-Out Capability
    Charge Anything! - Charges Bosch 14.4V - 18V Lithium Ion Batteries, 4-way GFCI Power Outlets, 12V DC Adapter, Powered USB Port.

Product Description

Surround yourself with premium 360-degree stereo sound with the Deluxe version of the Bosch PB360D Power Box 360 job-site radio, which offers a high performance, weather-resistant system that produces up to 50 watts of sound output. The innovative 4-way speakers plus integrated subwoofer create a high quality sound that projects in all directions at the same time.

The PB360D includes such step-up features as a SIRIUS satellite radio port, 4-way GFCI power outlets, a remote control, and backlit control panel. It's also available in a standard version (model PB360S) that excludes these features. See a comparison of the two models below.

It also includes an AM/FM radio with 20 FM and 10 AM presets, 4 preset and custom equalizer settings, protective roll cage, and 12-volt DC adapter. Operate the Power Box 360 with Bosch 14.4V-18V lithium-ion batteries, or charge them with the unit's built-in battery charger. The integrated Digital Media Bay includes a powered USB port and SD/MMC card slot compatible with MP3 and WMA files stored on optional cards, as well as two auxiliary inputs for connecting MP3 players, CD players, or portable satellite receivers via a 3.5mm stereo mini jack.

The Bosch PB360D job-site radio with backlit controls (see larger image).

Rugged aluminum/rubber roll cage (see larger image).

Plug in MP3 and CD players into the AUX ports, connect optional SIRIUS Radio devices, and charge all your peripherals (see larger image).

Battery powered for easy portability
    (batteries not included; see larger image).

Key Features

Hear Everywhere

360-degree premium sound
    4 speakers and integrated subwoofer project sound in all directions
    50 watts of power
    Up to 5x more sound power than previous Power Box (model PB10-CD)

Use Anywhere

Rugged aluminum/rubber roll cage withstands tough job-site conditions
    Weather resistant design keeps out moisture, dust & debris
    Powered by Bosch 14.4V-18V Lithium-Ion batteries (not included), or by any 120V power source

Play Everything

Advanced digital tuner for premium reception
    Integrated SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready universal docking capability with select SIRIUS devices for more versatility*
    USB and SD ports
    Internal and external auxiliary ports for portable MP3, CD and satellite players

Charge Anything

Charge Bosch 14.4-18V lithium-ion batteries
    4 GFCI power outlets
    12V DC power outlet
    Powered USB port

* Only compatible with SIRIUS Dock & Play devices (Starmate 3, 4 & 5; Stratus 4, 5 & 6; Stiletto 2). Device, antenna, and subscription required for SIRIUS Satellite Radio playback (not included). Each sold separately.

What's in the Box

Bosch job-site radio, two AA batteries, remote control, 6-foot auxiliary cable

Take a look at the review...
    ------=== ===------

REVIEW: LINK

-UPDATE 11-10-2010-
    I broke down and bought a dedicated 16GB SD card for the radio (only $20) instead of using the flash drive. The SD card functions perfectly awesome and has much faster syncing then the USB connection, so less time waiting for it to load the song.

Now I did notice one thing about the random/shuffle feature that I had never noticed when using my USB flash drive (probably because I already have the music arranged a specific way). The random feature seems to only play random songs within a 250 song block. So in other words if you press the random button while on song 128, it will randomly play songs 1-250. I've played and tested this theory many times and that seems to be how it works.

So if I'm on song 326 and press random, it'll play song 251-500 randomly. If I'm on song 712 and press random, it'll play 501-750.
    I will continue to test this theory and contact Bosch to find out what exactly the deal is because if I start with the first song and press random it has never played a track above 250.

If this is true, combined with its support of only 999 songs I might have to give it only 4 stars because of these limitations.

-UPDATE-

-UPDATE 10-07-2010-

I've been using this radio for a good two weeks and am still amazed by the quality and build of it. I've knocked it around, dropped it (by accident), and it just takes it.
    Everything is still working fine. I'm getting a good 6-7 hours worth of music per charge of the 18V Li-ion battery.

I even had the opportunity to use the Line Out port on the Power Box to hook up some external speakers to demo the speakers and it worked flawlessly and the people were quite amazed with this box of amazingness.

I have ran into a few limitations that I would like to note.
    1. If you have a large flash drive that holds over 1000 songs, the Power Box can really only access the first 999 songs. Not a huge issue, but something I thought should be mentioned.
    2. It can only play .MP3 and .WMV. No .AAC or .MP4 support. Again not a huge issue, but with more and more music now days coming in those last two mentioned formats, it'd just be nice to toss those on a flash drive without having to convert them.

-UPDATE-

Best jobsite radio, PERIOD.

The new Bosch PB360D Power Box 360 is without a doubt in a class of it's own. A radio/media player, battery charger, 4 way GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) power outlets, and much more! Lets start off with the media portion of the powerbox.

Built with four speakers and a ported sub, it provides amazing 360 degrees of high quality music. Back lit controls for easy viewing. And whether you have an iPod, SD card, flash drive, or practically anything, if you can plug a 3.5mm stereo jack into it, you can play it (cell phones included)! I grabbed my 16GB flash drive that I keep my car tunes on (all in MP3 format), plugged it into the USB port and sure enough it worked perfectly. The controls to change songs, volume, etc, were straight forward and functioned just like any radio. MP3 player owners will love it for the fact you can use the fully powered USB port to charge your player and the fully padded MP3 player door strap will hold it securely, no need to worry about it getting damaged.

AM/FM reception was really good, about ten times better then my previous Black & Decker jobsite radio/charger. And with the optional Sirius radio dock on this model allows for even more entertainment. This is especially great for people who already own a Sirius receiver, so you can take it from the home, to the car (or truck), and then to the jobsite.

Enough about the media portion, lets get to the actual functionality of the Power Box 360!

The Power Box 360 allows you to charge both Bosch's Fat and Slim pack Li-ion 14.4V-18V batteries. After the battery has been charged, you can use that very same battery to power the Power Box 360!

Need to charge a non Bosch tool batter? No worry! Just plug the other brands charger into one of the four GFCI outlets and you're good to go. So not only was I able to charge my Porter Cable batteries, I was doing so while charging a Bosch Slim pack battery and playing the radio. This is a huge time saver and space saver.

Now there are limits to the power this box can handle, nothing more then 14 AMPs. So some of the beefer routers (3-1/4 HP), recip saws, and circular saws will not work being plugged into the Power Box. Just for kicks I tried to use my Bosch Worm Drive saw with it and sure enough it popped the GFCI. Good to know it actually works.

I can honestly go on and on about how awesomely impressed I am with the new Power Box. It's extremely rugged, sealed up so no dust, dirt, or moisture can get into any sensitive areas. If you need a multi outlet, battery charger, radio, all in one unit... there is absolutely nothing else even comparable on the market. Hands down a masterpiece.

Pros:
    Extremely rugged, NOTHING feels cheaply made.
    Easy to learn and use controls.
    Accepts practically any sort of media player/storage device you can throw at it.
    Four GFCI outlets.
    Dust covers/ports for unused auxiliary ports (a nice touch).
    Practically impenetrable to dust and moisture. Truly a "all weather" unit.
    Built in battery temperature monitor/protector to insure the Li-ion battery doesn't overheat or get too cold.
    Large easy to see back lit LCD screen.
    Large easy to press front panel controls (even with thick gloves on).

Cons:
    Does not have direct iPod controls, not a huge issue, just something that would be nice.
    ------=== ===------

50ft 3.5mm to RCA adapter cable @ www.MonoPrice.com = $9.28

For longer/shorter/adapters, go: HERE

I buy ALL my cables from www.Monoprice.com.

You can see and feel the difference in cable build and quality.

The top picture is Amazon resale cables.

The rest of the pictures are Monoprice.

You won't be disappointed. Solid stuff.

**Please Be Aware**

Cables will be completely dependent on your Gear, Setup and requirements.

You may need adapters or a variety of other cables.

Here are RCA Couplers @ $0.37 each

Here's a good example:

From the "What's in Your DJ Bag" DJTechTools Video Series

------=== ===------

Tech Wizard

lol wtf am i reading here..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast