PA Speakers Help Pair - $1000??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default PA Speakers Help Pair - $1000??

Alright, people recently I have been asked to do more and more private gigs at halls, for my friends and at a local bar in my town which does not have a sound system. I find these gigs alot of fun...Anywas I am looking for a pair of PA speakers either brand new or used for around $1000. Obviously, I expect that if they are used they will be better brand then say a brand new pair which falls within this price range.

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything that meet my needs. Honestly I want these to last for years aaaand 600W RMS and greater would be what I am looking for to handle events with say 150-200 people. I also want them to be powered (active).

Any suggestions? New or used? My last pair of Technical Pro speakers I bought were shit and they blew in like 6 months! Never buying that brand again!
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru

From what I see Mackie is a prime brand. I own a single TH-15A and it is more than fine for house parties and such, but I hear their are better models.

Also I hear the rule of thumb is that any pair that is less than 15" should be purchased with a sub.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Mackie thump's are usually really good, have a look at them
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Mackie thump's are usually really good, have a look at them
    They are, the 15" thumo i have is great, but i hear the sound quality on soe of the better models are better in some ways. With the budget OP has, those upper models can possibly be an option.

However, a pair of TH-15A's should be enough for 150-200 ppl per this site: http://www.mackie.com/products/speakers/index.html
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

are you looking for a pair of speakers that is 600 watts rms? or 600 watts rms each? mackie thumps are only 400 watts rms for the pair. the mackie srm-450's are much louder. the jbl eon's are also good from what i hear. i've heard the jbl prx612's personally and they're very loud. all these speakers you would have to find a used pair or else they're too expensive for you. make sure you hear the speakers first before you get em whatever they are.

Also take a look at the B-52 Matrix system. It's right under a grand, and for the money, is said to be the best bang for your buck. Tops and sub as well.

Unless you want to spend a lot more and put something really serious together, that's what I would look at.

[youtube]s1pITasIdqQ[/youtube]
    Last edited by Bassline Brine; 06-08-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

With the stiff $1000 budget...

The B-52 Matrix System comes in right at your price point, and at 700Watt RMS.

You can pick up two 15" Mackie Thump powered monitors for around $550, and that leaves you with about $450 to get a powered 15-18" sub. I would recommend getting an 18".

The second option is probably going to sound better, but may end up going just a hair over the 1k budget...
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

I'd definitely go the Mackie route. They are 15" as opposed to the Matrix's 10" tops. They will definitely give you a better bottom end (the tops). As for the sub, if Exokinetic's math is correct, I'm not sure what sub you could buy with the spare $450, but you could always save up a little more and buy a decent sub, I'd go 18", and have a much better set-up.

Edit: Actually, where are you seeing the Mackies for $550 a pair? Would love to jump on that. Cheapest I saw was $350 each...
    Last edited by Gryz; 06-08-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

behringer 215D 15inch 550 watts.. have u checked those out..??
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    I'd definitely go the Mackie route. They are 15" as opposed to the Matrix's 10" tops. They will definitely give you a better bottom end (the tops). As for the sub, if Exokinetic's math is correct, I'm not sure what sub you could buy with the spare $450, but you could always save up a little more and buy a decent sub, I'd go 18", and have a much better set-up.

Edit: Actually, where are you seeing the Mackies for $550 a pair? Would love to jump on that. Cheapest I saw was $350 each...
    http://www.proaudiostar.com/mackie-t...AC_d_TH15A_d_B
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast