New iPad Ableton Controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default New iPad Ableton Controller

Just came across this.

http://www.iximix.com/index.php?opti...=72&Itemid=194

It's basically the APC40 but on your iPad/iPhone. I don't know how well the iPhone version would work with such a small screen but it would be nice on my new iPad.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

looks great but i think i prefer touchAble. great alternative though.

Tech Guru

For 10$ I may just give it a try. I dunno though depends on how deep I get into Ableton over the summer. That's my pet project is to teach myself Ableton in some fashion wether it be Produciton or DJing.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Looks promising, but it's still a tad behind the rest.

Tech Guru

Do you know of other iPad programs like this. I mean besides Touch OSC. I am eagerly awaiting for my iPad to get here and have been making a list of all the Apps I plan on getting and I'd love to find out about more.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Depending on what you are after http://liine.net/en/products/griid/

does make me want to pick up an ipad to play with - but they seem bloody expensive and even more so as i'd have no other use for one at all that i can think of...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Touchable is still the best ableton app on the ipad
    i use it on the ipad2 and its flawless.

Tech Guru

+1 for Touchable. it's amazing. But don't forget about Griid, and even more interesting - Kapture. Kapture allows you to save states in Live and play them back with a single button press. It's the ultimate automation tool.

i don't suppose anyone has tried using a cheap chinese android epad type thing for this sort of purpose? the recent capacitive touch screen ones at least do allow multi touch.

the only app i can see tho is the android port of touchosc which isnt as up to date as the ipad version and doesn't support multi touch - atm anyway.

if there was software support for it a cheap android tablet might be interesting anyway...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast