Does anyone else remember NI blaming Windows for LED pops/glitches? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Blend wasn't the only issue. It was also a problem once you hit a certain amount of LED output and if you used send monitor state. As stated by the OP, NI's stance was that it was a windows issue and there wasn't anything they could do to fix it. Not that they didn't want to push out a patch. Not that they didn't want different updates for the Mac and PC versions of traktor (by the way, these are already separate anyway considering it's a distinct installer for each platform).

You can disagree with the OP about whether or not this is worth complaining about. Personally, since it's fixed now I really don't care about it. That disagreement doesn't make his point invalid though - this was an issue on NI's end an they blamed it on Windows which is kind of poor form to say the least.

And there's really no need for personal insults here - let's try to maintain some sense of decorum please.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

let's keep it civil please.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

insults? oohh.. the skinned knee bit... lol

yeah, the installers were different, but everything else was still pretty much the same. who really needs 30 odd leds all on and flashing anyway?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Whatever I'm not going to feed the troll.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    Blend wasn't the only issue. It was also a problem once you hit a certain amount of LED output and if you used send monitor state. As stated by the OP, NI's stance was that it was a windows issue and there wasn't anything they could do to fix it. Not that they didn't want to push out a patch. Not that they didn't want different updates for the Mac and PC versions of traktor (by the way, these are already separate anyway considering it's a distinct installer for each platform).

You can disagree with the OP about whether or not this is worth complaining about. Personally, since it's fixed now I really don't care about it. That disagreement doesn't make his point invalid though - this was an issue on NI's end an they blamed it on Windows which is kind of poor form to say the least.

And there's really no need for personal insults here - let's try to maintain some sense of decorum please.
    Thank you Keeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Loads of people did.
    Define loads please. I'd bet it was a VERY VERY VERY small minority compared to the entire target audience who bought the product.

Secondly, would you rather them spent months trying to resolve the issue, rewriting the coding for an update, ultimately being recouped via a delayed TP2 release and a pricier tag to recoup the months of work to fix a minor glitch that affected a small minority?

I bet if they did that, you'd then have complained about TP2 release delay and how expensive it was.

Just can't win with some people.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Just can't win with some people.

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post

HANG ON!

NI made a product to run on Windows. It ran perfectly on Windows when running it as NI built it with their VCI template. When you made/imported a demanding custom mapping and it broke it due to Windows not being able to handle the in/out processing streams, then why are NI to blame for that? You modded it and it's Windows that can't handle it.

All they've done now is change methods of coding/building the software to make it more usable of underperforming OS's, i.e. Windows, as the issues weren't there on Macs. In essence, they've made changes to accommodate flaws and limitations in Windows, not in their own software.

From what I read, NI simply said there was no fault with the software that caused the issues, which there wasn't. If you made/imported modifications without understanding Windows (not Traktor's) limitations and then suffered issues then that is your fault for not understanding the limitations and it is indeed a Windows issue. If you weren't happy with how Traktor ran on Windows, then you either shouldn't have bought it or bought a better OS laptop, i.e. a Mac.

Blaming NI is simply a cop out for your lack of understanding of your product, in terms of Windows and Traktor.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by bunford View Post
    hang on!

Ni made a product to run on windows. It ran perfectly on windows when running it as ni built it with their vci template. When you made/imported a demanding custom mapping and it broke it due to windows not being able to handle the in/out processing streams, then why are ni to blame for that? You modded it and it's windows that can't handle it.

All they've done now is change methods of coding/building the software to make it more usable of underperforming os's, i.e. Windows, as the issues weren't there on macs. In essence, they've made changes to accommodate flaws and limitations in windows, not in their own software.

From what i read, ni simply said there was no fault with the software that caused the issues, which there wasn't. If you made/imported modifications without understanding windows (not traktor's) limitations and then suffered issues then that is your fault for not understanding the limitations and it is indeed a windows issue. If you weren't happy with how traktor ran on windows, then you either shouldn't have bought it or bought a better os laptop, i.e. A mac.

Blaming ni is simply a cop out for your lack of understanding of your product, in terms of windows and traktor.
    bingo

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    It was an issue that particularly affected VCI SEs, that's why I said particularly and not specifically.

And if it was a Windows issue, how come it's fixed in Tpro2? The cognitive dissonance with NI fanboys is astounding.

Oh, if only that were the case. How come everyone who wrote to NI about it were told that it wasn't an NI problem and they were completely unable to reproduce it? All issues were closed and the fix was never publicised. That's not good support.

What would be good support then?

Them killing MS?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast