Does anyone else remember NI blaming Windows for LED pops/glitches? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It was an issue that particularly affected VCI SEs, that's why I said particularly and not specifically.

lot of LED shenanigans in that mapping

And if it was a Windows issue, how come it's fixed in Tpro2? The cognitive dissonance with NI fanboys is astounding.

there was only 1 processing thread in TP for audio/midi, mac drivers handled it differently to windows, therefore it was a combo of both, but more windows.
    in TP2 they've put separate threads for audio and midi, making it easier on windows

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

i fail to see why you feel the need to piss your pants over something so trivial

SoundCloud

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Well, someone woke up grumpy .

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    It was an issue that particularly affected VCI SEs, that's why I said particularly and not specifically.

lot of LED shenanigans in that mapping
    Err, yeah. That's why I mentioned it to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    there was only 1 processing thread in TP for audio/midi, mac drivers handled it differently to windows, therefore it was a combo of both, but more windows.
    in TP2 they've put separate threads for audio and midi, making it easier on windows

Yes, that's right. When you code for an OS, don't you think it's a good idea to code for what it does, rather than what it doesn't do? Fact is that this was an NI issue to start with, caused by improper coding for a target OS.

And it was an issue. Before we found the disable midi out fix I couldn't gig on Tpro, and if you'd had months of bouncing back and forth with NI support with them telling me to buy a PSU for my controller and disable this and that and flat out refusing to acknowledge that it was a fault, then you'd probably start a thread like this yourself.

If it was an MS fault, only MS could have fixed it. Otherwise it's just poor coding by NI.

honestly NI's fault or not, I do agree that they have some pretty shitty support.

For Instance:

Ordered TPS2 upgrade for my S4....not only did the site not say it was on back-order, if I had never called, they would have never let me know it was back-ordered. I heard of a guy waiting over a month to get his upgrade kit. It took me two weeks + shipping time.

S4 Problem:

E-mailed them about the pops,crackles, glitches etc... Took them 2 weeks to finally send me the beta drivers but only AFTER I had posted a thread in the forums basically begging them for it.

I mean, yeah, their product is nice, but I have no idea who runs their North America branch, because whoever does should be fired. Even their telephone line SUCKS - (The actual phone service!!). It constantly drops out and glitches (much like the S4 did when I first got it, ).

That's the only gripe I have. Every software company has issues with compatibility and a few bugs here and there, I don't fault them in the least for that. I just fault them for poor customer service which is unacceptable.

my vci worked fine, leds and everything. on my own map

the se mapping and apc40 users (they also had issues) were a small minority of the overall user base anyway.

plus most of it was using blend on outputs, if you didn't use blend it was fine.

SoundCloud

Jack Bastard

Frank, that's exactly what I'm getting at.

Brad - Who cares if you didn't have a problem? Loads of people did. It is now a recognised issue. If you buy a product you shouldn't have to not use certain functions of it because they don't work.

my point was that some mappings pushed the leds further than windows can handle. it worked if you were gentle

SoundCloud

Jack Bastard

What's a thread without a car analogy eh?

If you bought a brand new car that stopped working once you put your foot down, would you be happy with that?

obviously not no, but the fact remains that only a minority of users had any real problem with the LEDs etc... and the functions DID work as they were meant to. windows system had limitations that didn't effect macs.
    that's like buying a game and installing it on a machine that only just meets min specs, and then complaining about shit graphics.

and the extent of work that would've been created if they made a 'windows fix' during TP1 days would've been higher, cos then they'd need to make updates for both mac/pc versions, which might need to fix different bugs to. keep the uniformity and things are easier. you're never going to please everyone, so might as well accept a few complaints (on ratio).

end of the day you're pissing into the wind and complaining about something that just isn't worth complaining about.

to carry on your analogy; after taking it back to the garage and getting it fixed would cry like a little bitch with a skinned knee about it?

SoundCloud

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast