1 Button Controlling 8 Lights?
    Tech Convert

Default 1 Button Controlling 8 Lights?

Just got my new MF in the mail, set it all up, but i can't menu mode it or flash it because....

XXXX
    XXXO
    XXXX
    XXXX

does...

OOOO
    OOOO
    XXXX
    XXXX

How do I fix this? Tried searching and found nothing. As well, any tips to get the silicone case on? Watched the video, but the case seems too small.

Quote Originally Posted by VF. View Post
    XXXX
    XXXO
    XXXX
    XXXX

does...

OOOO
    OOOO
    XXXX
    XXXX
    Could you explain that a little better please?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

I just recieved mine last week also similar thing is happening - different buttons though

if i hit the bottom right button the buttuns marked X below light up

OOOO
    OOOO
    XXXX
    XXXX

also in general the buttons below marked X wont work - so i cant enter boot mode and when i entered menu mode and got it to 4 deck mode but as bottom left button wont work i cant switch it back

OOOO
    OOOO
    XXXO
    XXXO

any tips? how are you meant to get into boot mode using the buttons on the board?

NB: the buttons i highlighted above do work if i hold button number 8 - very weird

You enter boot mode by holding down the 4 corner buttons while plugging in the MF.

All the instructions on that, and other methods of entering boot mode can be found here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30937

Re. The silicone case, it seems to tight and it's a real pain to get on (the video makes it look deceptively easy), but trust me it will fit eventually.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

Was sent a message telling me it's more or less useless and that they'll send me a new one. =P

Tech Convert

Yea, I have to say the Silicone case was tricky, I cut a couple of fingers and shaved down a few fingernails trying to get that sucker on. My MIDI Fighter is now the Voodo model, with blood n fingernails :P lol

My MIDI Fighter did the same thing when I got it. It seemed to go away when I reflashed the firmware.

yeh I got a couple of cuts as well