Homemade laptop stand - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I wouldn't use the word Crane at all since they are already watching what you do.
    I also think they are being a bit overzealous about a do it yourself video. Most people who want and have the $ for a high priced laptop stand would just buy it. The do it yourself crowd probably wouldn't buy it anyway. If anything, you just raised their brand awareness.
    I'm not saying they were wrong to have you take their brand name out of your videos. Just sounds like they were not very cordial about it.

Your idea and video were great!

Tech Mentor

I made one of these from the ideas originally posted in this form, and I've gotta say its awesome and if you have a build it yourself and save money bone in your body you should do this. I notice the C**NE stands are a little bit too short for some of us (I'm 6'4") and don't like to bend down to see my laptop for every single song. Bending down over and over hurts my back after 2-4 hours of spinning. I also made the inner leg (the base piece that sits on the table) extend a little bit wider like a "T" shape at the end. I did this to give it a more stability and to make sure my laptop doesn't go crashing to the floor if somebody accidentally hits it. It cost me about half as much as the C**NE stand including tools and it has an open section where my laptop sits so that there is plenty of air flow. I also put some rubberized tape where my laptop sits so that it doesn't shift around at all. It's awesome and you should do this if even contemplating it!

in the spirit of being childish i say repost the video as the c*nt stand. seriously pretty lame to shut down a diy thing. its not even like their product is exceptionally complicated and your revealing a trade secret. lame. hope the vid goes back up i'd like to check it out

Tech Guru

I'll try to figure out a way to use aluminum tubes and no soulder, so it can get lighter!
    Try pultruded carbon fiber instead. You can use epoxy to join parts together, and it's INSANELY light. It's also not crazy expensive when you compare it to the original stand's price.

Huh, removed by request of Crane? Ok, means I will delete Crane from my shopping list then. Hoped that was a reasonable company...

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Huh, removed by request of Crane? Ok, means I will delete Crane from my shopping list then. Hoped that was a reasonable company...
    yea. wow

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Try pultruded carbon fiber instead. You can use epoxy to join parts together, and it's INSANELY light. It's also not crazy expensive when you compare it to the original stand's price.
    That's a great idea.

http://www.graphitestore.com/items_l...d/98/cat_id/34

http://www.goodwinds.com/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I was trully considering buying a Crane Stand but after this, I'm surelly not buying it

I wish Crane could come here to explain why they are so harsh agains't a guy helping the community that supports their stands so much. Afterall DJTT and Scratchworx are the two biggest places where they could have free merchandising over their name

this is my homemade laptop stand

Hopefully lowes or home depot wont make u take yours down obrigado

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast