MF Deckalized+Instant Grat Mapping - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Very weird! Try reinstalling Traktor, and if that doesn't work then email NI.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Yah, Im not sure. Ive just connected my VCI and everything works perfectly. So I reckon it mst be a MF issue actually. I mst admit that the longer I use it the more bugs and stuff come up, at the moment I have the impression MFs are quite unreliable.

What happens is when i set a loop in deck A and then switch to deck B the light at the loop active button (second row from top, far left button) is already lit, even though Ive only set a loop for deck A. The same thing happens vice versa. However the loop in deck B is not active in traktor (it is not green!) but it plays the loop. In order for me to get rid of the loop in deck B i must undo the loop in A! Completely strange, not excited. This happened out of nowhere, very very strange...
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj

Tech Mentor

Jst found out another bug, again with the loop functions...

sometimes, very unregularly the loopsize you set with a MF isnt actually played. E.g. you set a 16 bar loop and traktor shows that a 16 bar loop is active, but it only plays an 8 bar loop.

also once you set a loop with far left button in second row and then try to change size of it by pressing shift + any button in third row from top the loop screws up completely in size. the display in traktor is still correct according to the commands you put in through MF but it actually plays something completely different.

This is very annoying! Does someone have the same issues? Can it be fixed please?
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj

Quote Originally Posted by marinelli View Post
    I have an issue with the deckalized + ig focus mapping.

SHIFT + SYNC not only changes Deck Focus but messes around with my deck Layouts, too.
    It jumps from one LAyout to another and sometimes even changes them.

What am I doing wrong?
    The Deck Focus button should switch layouts between one where Decks C and D are slightly larger when Focus is on one of those decks and back to them being smaller when the Deck Focus is on Decks A or B.

If you want to remove the deck layout function from changing when going from Deck Focus B->C and D->A, go into the Controller Manager, select this mapping, sort by comments, and look for two lines labeled "Deck Layout". Delete those lines and your deck layout will no longer change when switching Deck focus.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by JanuaryOne View Post
    What happens is when i set a loop in deck A and then switch to deck B the light at the loop active button (second row from top, far left button) is already lit, even though Ive only set a loop for deck A. The same thing happens vice versa. However the loop in deck B is not active in traktor (it is not green!) but it plays the loop. In order for me to get rid of the loop in deck B i must undo the loop in A! Completely strange, not excited. This happened out of nowhere, very very strange...
    I tested this and I can not replicate this problem at all so I think you either have Traktor software issues or an MF hardware/firmware issue (which doesn't much make sense to me).

I would make sure that all of the mappings you have loaded are not set to All Ports (and are set the ports of the controller they are for) or you could have controllers sending out the same MIDI data which could cause confusing functions like this.

I would also make sure that you are using an updated version of Traktor Pro. In some older versions you could manually change the Focus with your mouse which could lead to inconsistencies if you were changing Deck Focus with both the MF and the mouse.
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by JanuaryOne View Post
    Jst found out another bug, again with the loop functions...

sometimes, very unregularly the loopsize you set with a MF isnt actually played. E.g. you set a 16 bar loop and traktor shows that a 16 bar loop is active, but it only plays an 8 bar loop.

also once you set a loop with far left button in second row and then try to change size of it by pressing shift + any button in third row from top the loop screws up completely in size. the display in traktor is still correct according to the commands you put in through MF but it actually plays something completely different.

This is very annoying! Does someone have the same issues? Can it be fixed please?
    These are not bugs. Something is clearly going wrong with your setup.

You can only trigger Loops with length 8, 4, 2, or 1 via the Shift+Mash buttons on the MF. They directly set the loop length and do not increment or decrement the length.

I think you may be confused with how this mapping works because the "far left button in the second row" does not change the size of the loop for looping. It is used for our "Sampler" which uses the Slicer effect and sets a loop on that deck so the deck doesn't continue to play.

I officially replace my 4 banks IG mapping with this today, I'm loving it now that I got it figured out
    Dell Inspiron 15r,4 gig ram,720HDDSerato Itch,Pioneer DDJTS1,Pioneer HDJ500
    Ableton Suite ,Akai Apc40,Akai LPD8,LPK25,NI Audio 2
    The Echo Reflex(T.E.RF)http://www.mixcloud.com/TERF/

Tech Convert

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Generally it's a good idea, but i use Decks with more Info and changing Deck Focus changes the layout to one I normally don't use....

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by marinelli View Post
    Thanks, that's very helpful.

Generally it's a good idea, but i use Decks with more Info and changing Deck Focus changes the layout to one I normally don't use....
    Just discovered that it's a more easy way to change the order of the Layouts in the preferences. Seems that the Deck Focus changes between the Layouts 0 and 2....

Tech Convert

Default using MIDI-Fighter along with the S4's effect controls?

One thing that i don't like with using the MIDI-fighter with an S4 is that the effect controls of the the s4 are out of use for me.

I would really appreciate to use the MIDI-Fighter AND at least one effect slot with the s4.

There's two things stopping me from doing that:
    - The effect buttons on the s4 don't work properly anymore
    (The Button for effect 1 on channel B doesn't work anymore, effect 2 on CH A or B do only work when they have Deck Focus, the buttons for deck C and D do nothing or affect effect 3 or 4 and so on...)

- The effect slots are all in use with the MIDI-fighter. (I could live with that, cause mostly I need Beatmasher, T3 Delay and Gater which are all on effect bank 1 and 2 but without the S4's effect buttons working as dedicated that might be difficult. :-)

Is there somebody else who wants to use effects in both styles, MIDI-fighter and S4?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast