2 15" speakers or 2 12" with 18" or 15" sub - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    anyone think 15s and a 18in sub is over kill? i mean i play a wide range of venues, huge to small....

im thinkin 15s for the all purpose.... and eventually the sub for the larger/ wanna use some bass events
    I actually think it's perfect. I have two 12"s and a an 18" sub, and have found a couple times where the speakers were starting to clip. The 15"s would have handled that extra little oomph.

Another thing to consider is the sheer size of an 18" sub. Those things are neither small or light. I hope youve been hitting the gym because if you aint, youre gonna have problems lifting it on your own.
    Transporting it is also a pain in the arse, you got a van too?

Personally i'd go the second hand route and try to pick up a pair of 12/15" RCF's. Those'll beat the crap out of a pair of behringers any day. They'll set you back some more but the quality of them will blow you away.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Although I agree that a sub isn't really necessary for a small mobile business, it can be useful in some situations, and can help you to command a higher price or get bigger gigs. Definitely something to keep in mind. I like the idea of starting with the 15"s and saving up for the sub.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12