If you made it, would you hide your face?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If you made it, would you hide your face?

If you got famous making music, touring around the world, would you be like deadmau5, who tweets constantly, ustreams, and doesn't hide his face at all. Or would you be like Daft Punk or the Bloody Beetroots, where they don't don't do anything like that. I can see the benefit of hiding your face, you can have a normal social life. You can go anywhere any people will think your just an average Joe. But thats so hard to pull off. On the other hand, if you just don't give a shit, you have to avoid places that would know who you are like venues and such. Walking down a city street carries the risk of attracting a mob. People might tweet "OMFG DEADMAU5 CHICAGO 5th AVE." and you might get a pack of like 10 people that follow you all day. Depends on your mood, but that might get frustrating.

Something that just randomly came to mind. Discuss:

Tech Guru

Personally, I would be casual about it (especially when it comes to the use of my personal facebook).

Side note:

To be frank, I do not think the tho facial recognition thing in electronic music is not nearly as big as it is in other genres.

Why? Music videos.

If you really think about it, there are not really many music videos for electronic music (yes, hip-hop is electronic music, but it is an exception).

Aside from that, I believe people like deadmau5 put themselves in that situation by exposing their appearance as much as they do. Unless you are a big fan, I really doubt you will be able to recognize an artist on the streets.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

face covered. pants missing
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Imagine THOSE tweets - "Pee Wee Herman - Chicago 5th Avenue!!"
    356 reasons why

I dont think i would hide my face, but i wouldn't want to get a ton of like professional pictures taken of me to be posted everywhere on the internet. I would not mind getting recognized on the street, but i dont need to try and be a celebrity. I could use like a logo or something to be the "Face" of my music instead of using my actual face haha
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post

Racing Stripes....yes, yes....Racing Stripes
    ------=== ===------

I'm a 6'7" half black guy who wears red flannel and black jeans a lot, so there's no hiding for me. I'll get picked out of a crowd no matter what, so I might as well do it in style.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Quote Originally Posted by b3nz0n8 View Post

Racing Stripes....yes, yes....Racing Stripes
    Walked over that pedestrian crossing the night of the MTV awards at Radio City some years back (not in a flaming astro suit) - the energy was intoxicating.
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 05-21-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    To be frank, I do not think the tho facial recognition thing in electronic music is not nearly as big as it is in other genres.
    this.
    for a long time the only image i had of rusko was a picture where hes standing next to another guy (i think caspa (case in point))

and i didnt know witch one was rusko for a long time.

hell, i wouldnt recognize most people i listen to.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

A Loaner from 5 Dolla Holla....Says It will get Allll The Bitches

...Game On...
    ------=== ===------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast