Just got an Ipad 2... Sent from my Ipad - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    I don't know about DJ apps on the iPad tbqh.
    But i'll now write an essay about them...
    fixed...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Just got an iPad yesterday as well. Still figuring things out so I haven't delved too deep yet. Right now I'm using it with TouchOSC and LiveControl for Ableton. TouchOSC is definitely a very powerful tool, as you can pretty much edit the layout however you want for a custom touchscreen midi controller.

Tech Wizard

Default nanostudio

kinda going off the dj side of things and more on the production side, nanostudio is a blast!!!!! Back when i pirated i had this and actually upgraded my iPhone to 4.2 when i got my iPhone 4 and i bought it, nice little app.

On another note, I don't know how you feel about Ableton, but the "touchable" app looks dope! One of my favorite all improv groups of all time is EOTO and i know the drummer Jason Hann uses a Macbook and 2 iPads and he runs touchable i believe and its definitly working for his talented ass! If your not into ableton i still say you should check out EOTO atleast, they are very open about their tech and do workshops regularly.

my bad for the rant there, but those dudes are dope.
    MacBook Pro 15" i7 4 Gb Ram 750 GB HD
    Traktor Kontrol S4
    Akai MPK-49
    KRK RP-8 (x 2)
    Xone:XD-53

Tech Guru

If you like TouchOSC, you need to give MIDI Touch a go. It's got the features of TouchOSC but it's native MIDI, allows you to create layouts INSIDE the app, and allows for things like multiple messages from a single control.

Very cool stuff.

http://iosmidi.com/apps/midi-touch/

Tech Guru

I got an iPAD 1 and all I use is Touch OSC...

In the newer version we don't even need perfect data (win) or osculator (macos) to traduce OSC messages to MIDI...

I'm loving what this guy is doing with his maps... He even have a Dicer map for iphone/ipod:
    http://digitaldjtools.net/category/tools/templates/

I use this one:
    http://digitaldjtools.net/tools/touc...ad-all-in-one/
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/17837810"]TouchOSC / iPad / Traktor - Hip Hop Mini Mix on Vimeo[/ame]

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    If you like TouchOSC, you need to give MIDI Touch a go. It's got the features of TouchOSC but it's native MIDI, allows you to create layouts INSIDE the app, and allows for things like multiple messages from a single control.

Very cool stuff.

http://iosmidi.com/apps/midi-touch/
    Thanks for sharing nem0nic!

Do you like this app more then touchosc?
    What's the differences between miditouch and touchosc?

Holy crap! Thanks a bunch you all! I was actually between this and a Maschine but well, answer came pretty obvious in the end. Im actually using this more than my laptop for home fiddling and love the thing. At work still the Macbook is champ thou

I'll give these a nice look. There are also a bunch of other musical apps that althou not to mix, they could serve as a bit of improptu musical performance. Now I have my hands full!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

I'm eagerly awaiting my Ipad 2 (got it for uni study, the girlfriend still doesn't suspect it'll be more toy than study tool ) while not DJ related, I'm kinda interested to see what people think of garageband on the Ipad and how intuitive it is.

Tech Guru

MIDI Touch and TouchOSC both the basically the same thing, but in slightly different ways. I personally like the ability of generating and tweaking the layout on the iPad itself, which is allowed in MIDI Touch (TouchOSC requires a separate program).

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

2x Tonetable and Midi-Touch:

DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast