Traktor LE+Mixtrack+DJ IO Setup Help! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

yeah. lol. thats not supposed to happen.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Wizard

I have this same setup minus the software(using TSD) but it seems like you haev your headphones plugged into the wrong thing. headphones should be plugged into the DJi/o card and not the laptop.
    also make sure your 2 settings for internal mixing is set correctly.
    that was my porblem when first setting this up going from external to internal.
    always forget to change both settings.

good luck and report back what happens.

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    but in reverse. small jack, big hole.
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

I picked up my 1/4 inch headphone adapter and it fits! Just when I think all my worries are over from figuring this out something is still messed up...

Okay so everything was going good until I noticed that only sound was coming out of my LEFT earbud. Also the main, and both cues were feeding into this one earbud. Like the what was playing out of the speakers was also playing in my left earbud. When pressed cue the song that's supposed to be cued goes in this earbud as well. Say I was playing a song on Deck A with the crossfader all the way over when it's NOT supposed to be cued in my headphones. Well the song is still being played in my earbud but when I press cue for Deck A it just gets louder. Also if I pressed cue on the left deck or Deck B it would also feed in my left earbud with the cued song on Deck A. When I cue Deck B while Deck A is not (but mains are still feeding in my left earbud) the cued song is added to the mains. The only thing that almost works correctly is when I cue Deck B with the crossfader all the way to the right except it is in my left earbud... So this whole time NOTHING is coming out of my right earbud. BASICALLY it's like everything is feeding into only my left earbud and I tried using different pairs of headphones and they all were the same. Also I just figured out that the cue gain and cue mix work like the are the same knob. Putting one all the way to the left will cut the sound and putting one all the way to the right will blast the sound(The other knob can even make this louder if you put it all the way to the right as well). And once again this is all happening in my LEFT earbud.

It's really complicated so I hope you are following along? Any ideas? Oh btw I am using the options that were said before which are Monitors: 3/4 and Master: 1/2.

Sorry for the length! Took me 24 minutes to analyze and type this whole thing
    Last edited by roshanbhoj; 05-19-2011 at 09:34 PM.

"Like the what was playing out of the speakers was also playing in my left earbud"
    make sure the 'mix' knob is all the way on the left. at 0%

also, check you mapping.

for now this post is just to bump the thread so i remember to read the rest of you (long) post when i get home.
    (long isnt bad)

Tech Mentor

Okay thanks. I look forward to your reply. I have tried moving the knobs each and every way so that won't help. And how can I check my mapping? It's the default mapping because I never changed anything concerning mapping.

make sure the 'pan' is in the middle on both decks.
    make sure 'mix' is all the way at 0
    make sure you have the settings the way i said to earlier

cue volume is exactly that

mix is how much of the main is coming through your headphones.
    all the way on the left = just what you have cue on
    all the way on the right = full cue and main volume

also, is osund only coming out of your right speaker? (check the ins and outs to make sure you put your face up to the right speaker, and not the one physically on the right but plugged in as the left)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    make sure the 'pan' is in the middle on both decks.
    make sure 'mix' is all the way at 0
    make sure you have the settings the way i said to earlier

cue volume is exactly that

mix is how much of the main is coming through your headphones.
    all the way on the left = just what you have cue on
    all the way on the right = full cue and main volume

also, is osund only coming out of your right speaker? (check the ins and outs to make sure you put your face up to the right speaker, and not the one physically on the right but plugged in as the left)
    Yeah sound is coming out of both speakers. The only problem is everything is coming out of the left earbud.

i think you messed up the sound card when you forced the smaller jack in there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast