APC40 Mapping Issue
    Tech Guru

Default APC40 Mapping Issue

I just picked up an APC 40 and I love it. I have been hard at work creating a custom mapping for it but I have hit a snag and can't seem to get these buttons to work correctly.

Whatever I map to the Pan, Send A, Send B, Send C buttons always works correctly but never turns off correctly. Currently I have Filter On mapped to the Pan Button located below Knob 5. When I press this button the light turns on and so does the filter. When I hit the button again nothing happens. When I hit it a 3rd time it turns off but the light comes back on. I'm not too worried about the LEDs being wrong atm I can fix that later but I am concerned that whatever I keep mapping to these button never turn off unless I press them twice. Anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

On another note I have been trying to find a way to map a layout change button to not only change the decks and mixer layout but also to switch from having 2 FX units to 4 and vice versa any help on that would be awesome.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

Scroll to post 7
    thats the solution that works for me

Tech Guru

Reading over that post I fixed the LED problem with a simple send monitor state which I assumed was the issue. It doesn't fix the bigger problem thou. Whenever I press any of those 12 buttons I can get it to light up and turn whatever effect I want on then it takes TWO press of that button to turn it off. That with having a modifier set to directly change the state from 0 - 1 and 1 - 0. It has to be something hardwired into the APC I'm going to go post on the Akai message boards see if I can't get an answer from them.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Those are indeed hardwired as toggles, so map them as hold in Traktor to avoid double presses.

This changes if you use the controller in dumb mode (all buttons act as hold).

Tech Guru

Hmmm I had the controller in dumb mode and was still getting an issue Ill have to retry it and see what I can do thanks Padi

Tech Guru

TY Padi worked like a charm. I didn't understand what you were talking about until I mapped it but for anyone else who runs into this problem the fix is those buttons are hardwired to be "toggle" switches so when you set them to Hold even thou you release the button the controller is still sending the signal that it is pressed. Making it act as if you had set it to toggle instead of hold. Thanks again Padi