TraktorPro2 Sample Deck Mapping for Korg Nano Kontrol (Decks 3 & 4)
    Tech Wizard

Default TraktorPro2 Sample Deck Mapping for Korg Nano Kontrol (Decks 3 & 4)

Quote Originally Posted by blancodisco View Post
    Thinking about this more... although it would be super duper nice to think up of an awesome mapping for the VCI-100 to manage/control the 2 Sampler Decks (C+D) on the VCI-100, I'm beginning to change my thoughts here. It may make more sense to use a whole separate controller for the Sampler Decks on their own.

I do wish to find a way on the VCI-100 device... once a loop is in play on Deck A or B to be able to pass it to one of the 8 samplers slot positions... from there, use that additional controller device/hardware to strictly control the sampler features.

Sampler Controls:
    Play/Pause
    Loop/One Shot
    Filter
    FX Bank Selecte (1-4)
    Volume (1-4)

Something like a Korg Nano Kontrol may work perfectly for the sampler functionality.

Just trying to think of practical solutions here. Focusing your thoughts of functionality on specific devices instead of the 1 device does all could make things a little easier, although setup may get a little more complicated.

May try to wire something up soon and will share if I make any progress here.
    My Mapping is ready...
    http://blancodisco.com/downloads/Kor...raktorPro2.zip

Original Blog post here:
    http://blancodisco.com/2011/04/09/tr...rol-decks-3-4/

I had to end up using two channels for a Sample Deck Slot in Traktor to get enough of the controls I wanted to tweak up font. That meant I required 2 Scenes for Deck 3 and then Deck 4. I suppose I could do some sort of lighter or basic mapping on Scene 4 as it is currently unused at the moment to fit both Sample Decks 3 and 4 .

Sample Deck Controls.
    Scene 1 and 2 Control Sample Deck 3 and 4 Respectively.
    Channels 1 & 2 on the Korg Nano Kontrol affect Sample Slot 1,
    Channels 3 & 4, Sample Slot 2
    Channels 5 & 6, Sample Slot 3
    Channels 7 & 8, Sample Slot 4

Controls:
    Volume
    Filter Sweep
    Mute/Unmute
    Sample Start/Stop
    Loop/1 Shot Mode
    Loop Length Double
    Loop Length Half
    Loop Length Reset

Channel 9, Loop Recorder
    Controls:
    Loop Length
    Dry/Wet Mix
    Start/Stop of Looper
    Record Loop

On the Korg Nano Kontrol’s Global Transport buttons, I mapped ‘Forward’ and ‘Record’ to Sample Deck 3 Group Play/Stop and Sample Deck 4 Group Play/Stop. These are available across any scene (1-4).

Scene 3, Clear and Load Samples and Filter On/Off
    Each Channel represents one Deck's Sample Slot. Deck 3 Slots 1-4 and Deck 4 Slots 1-4

Controls:
    Filter On/Off
    Store Loop In Slot
    Clear Loop
    Copy From Loop Recorder

The Korg's Preset is the default mapping shipped from the factory, I did not alter any of the midi mappings using the Korg Editor at all.

Let me know if there are any issues and I welcome any sort of feedback. Any ideas for Scene 4, I may consider to implement.
    Last edited by blancodisco; 04-09-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Lightbulb

Great mapping! will be using it soon , maybe you can use scene 4 for things like beatgridding, browser, main and cue volume, fx bank selection; things that you don't move all the time. This kind of things aren't avaliable in many controllers so this can complement it.

Tech Wizard

Thank You.

Those are some good 'extra' ideas that take on some more 'global' like controls. Since we have the extra scene to play with, it doesn't hurt to try to fill it up. I'll do some thinking and see what I can come up with.

bb®
    Last edited by blancodisco; 04-23-2011 at 11:39 PM.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates