YAVM - (not) Yet Another VCI-100 Mapping (extensive 4D Layout for TPro) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Everything about effects to be honest. I have got as far as selecting them effect and Cue buttons. After that ,selecting them and controlling them i am a bit lost.

Cheers Michael

P.s. I like the sound of the new bits above. Especially the cross fader idea.

Keep up the good work its much appreciated

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mrmlbell View Post
    Everything about effects to be honest. I have got as far as selecting them effect and Cue buttons. After that ,selecting them and controlling them i am a bit lost.
    Hmmm, still don't know where your exact problem lies, but I think it's not a bug, more of a usage problem. So I'll give you a little rundown about to use FX.

First of all, make sure that you startup YAVM with both FX Slots set to "Advanced" in TPro or press "Reset" before using it! You can change the type of FX later on, but YAVM needs to keep track which is selected.

To use FX, do the following:

1) Press "Insert 1" on a Deck of your choice to activate FX Slot 1 for this Deck. (and/or "Insert 2" for FX Slot 2)
    2) To start controlling FX Slot 1, press "FX Select" so that it is set to "A" (Original Label on the VCI-100, upper LED glows) A Setting of "B" will control FX Slot "2" while a setting of "mas" (startup setting) will allow you to configure FX Type and select FX with the knobs. Think of it as three different banks.
    3) Now, use the 4 knobs and 3 Buttons in the FX Section to manipulate FX. YAVM does set params according to your FX type selection.
    4) You can also use FX Mode to control FX in both slots simultaneously by using Jog Wheels and Faders

The reason you only have 3 buttons in the mapping, but often 4 in Traktor is because on the VCI-100 with original firmware, the 4th button is hardlinked to another button. So, to use the "reset FX" Command, you have to press SHIFT with the 2nd FX Button. So this is a bit weird, but I cannot solve this until a version for firmware 1.3+ is ready.

So, that's about all. If you are still having problems, please describe exactly what is causing them.

Tech Wizard

There is no problems, with the file

Just me not knowing how to use it. And you explained it perfectly for me.

Thanks Very much and i will keep my eye out for your next installment.

Cheers Michael

This looks pretty nice. So when I switch from deck a to b, how does the volume slider work? Relative?

Tech Wizard

This looks pretty nice. So when I switch from deck a to b, how does the volume slider work? Relative?
    No, most of the knobs and faders have direct mode with soft takeover. Don't like this too much, but I tried some time ago with relative controls and it was even worse for me.

Tech Convert

Thumbs up

very nice work! Seems like someone finally managed to create a tsi, which is very intuitive to use.
    I will try it out this weekend and get back to you with my feedback

Hey Frankiee,

so I was excited about using this tsi as it has just the layout and functionality I was looking for.

However, after I loaded it into traktor, whenever I play a track or use the jog wheels, the audio keeps on jumping and stuttering. You can see this happen with the track on screen too. This makes it completely unusable for me.

Also the LED lights on my vci flicker constantly.

I know it works ok for other folks. Any ideas what could be causing the problems for me?

Cheers

Tech Wizard

Hi JonChase,

regarding the constant flickering: look at the upper left corner of your VCI and check if the 4 little red LEDs are pulsating. If this is the case you have actually hit the peak limit. The reason why the other LEDs are also flickering is presumably a bug in the VCI's firmware, so there's nothing I can do about it.

But in this case, the flickering is actually a good thing because yes, it shall annoy me, because when it flickers, I am TOO LOUD :eek: So this also helps me keeping disciplined with volume, which I - like most DJs - tend to crank up more and more over time (psychological effect where esp. high volume of sound seems to decrease over time when getting used to it). Even if you have your limiter on, you should not drive levels over the peak limit. I also recommend this article on DJTT, a very good reading about mixing and volume in general.

About the stuttering: hmmmm don't know why you have this problem. Maybe it has nothing to do with my mapping like overall latency, which I don't think will be affected by a midi mapping or it is some other TPro setting. I also had problems with keylock range at the beginning, setting it to 30% helped. Don't know if my mapping will affect performance since it is (unfortunately) way more complex than most others, so a lot of things can happen when you press certain keys. But I don't think it will really tax your CPU, so your problem might be somewhere else.

Hope this helps!
    regards,
    Frank
    Last edited by frankiee; 02-26-2009 at 09:56 PM.

Tech Guru

Cool stuff!
    Have you checked out TP 1.2 yet? Would love to hear your POV.
    I have summarized my thoughts here:
    http://ifnotwhynot.me/traktor-pro-12...a-world-of-fun

Unfortunately it seems NI is content with what they have done .. which is unfortunate.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Hey man, I just got a hold of one of your mappings... Been playing with it all night... Way to go, I never thought my VCI would be so powerful...
    Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast