Absolute Noob + Midi Fighter not working

Default Absolute Noob + Midi Fighter not working

Hi there,

So i got my midi fighter DIY pack. Put it all together. Found out that some of the solder points aren't working properly so im going to have to get my solder tool out and fix it up a little. Two of the triggers don't work unless i have them half-out of the board.

The buttons that do work enable me to use it as a midi controller/trigger in ableton live 8.

But i have no idea how to reach any kind of menu mode or whatnot. Four corners, instant grat ??? There isn't much official information out there to explain to noobs how to do this stuff.
    I have a new apple intel i core 5 running 10.6.7 and my computer doesn;t pop up with any form of recognising the hardware.
    When i plug the MF in while holding the four corners down, The MF doesnt even do anything but light up a few buttons which go out straight away after that.

Download new firmware? i found the Hex file and downloaded it, but then my computer doesnt read it - i have about 5 downloaded files sitting around on my desktop doing nothing. Then i found that someone talked about a MFU update prgramme for mac so i downloaded that (dfu programer) but thats just super confusing and my computer doesnt recognise half of it.

can anyone help a confused noob out??
    I would highly appreciate it. Im thinking of trying to send it back to get a refund after i realised it needs some soldering.

Regards
    Phill

Read all the stickies here:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Particularly midifighter features and using the MF in menu mode.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES