Akai MPD26/32
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Akai MPD26/32

Tech Mentor

Default Akai MPD26/32

Does anyone own one of these and use them with Traktor? I'm curious about how the Note Repeat works. Does it record your button presses and then repeat them? So if I were to beat juggle a few cue points would it keep repeating those cue points?

Tech Guru

no, it repeats the currently held note.. from the AKAI website:

"MPC Note Repeat is a capability that enables the MPD (or MPC) to automatically play a rhythm pattern, such as 16th notes on a hi-hat, for accuracy and speed of entry."

search for stuff please before posting
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Mentor

I guess thanks? I did search but didn't find that nugget. I guess I'd get a less dickish response if I just posted a "What's the best controller" thread intstead of a very specific quetion about a very specific function?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Asand View Post
    "MPC Note Repeat is a capability that enables the MPD (or MPC) to automatically play a rhythm pattern, such as 16th notes on hotcues or samples, for accuracy and speed of entry."
    fixed

Asand, can you take the player off the signature please? It's really annoying and takes away the attention from whatever thread you are posting.

Tech Wizard

My friend own and uses an MPD32, i believe as mentionned before
    note repeat does not work for cue point juggling as you intended,
    was this your only question or did you want to get into more details about
    these controllers?

i've used my friends a few time for effect mashing and such
    their pretty sturdy and fun to play with, you could map them the
    same way as the different MIDI fighter mappings.

hope this helps :] if you have anymore questions feel free to pm or ask in your thread !!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bisimoto View Post
    My friend own and uses an MPD32, i believe as mentionned before
    note repeat does not work for cue point juggling as you intended,
    was this your only question or did you want to get into more details about
    these controllers?

i've used my friends a few time for effect mashing and such
    their pretty sturdy and fun to play with, you could map them the
    same way as the different MIDI fighter mappings.

hope this helps :] if you have anymore questions feel free to pm or ask in your thread !!
    Thanks. That was my main question since I couldn't find info on the specifics of the note repeat and my imagination started to get away from me with the possiblilties. Did you find the buttons hard to trigger? I found in one forum a guy was complaining that the midi sync was worthless. Any experience with that?
    I was looking at the Padkontrol and the Akai's after coming to grips with not being able to afford a Maschine and I think I might end up getting the MPD26.

Tech Wizard

The buttons might seem harsh at first when purchased, they'll get softer as you go. i would go for an Akai i owned a padkontrol and well, their not that sturdy :/. bought an mpd24 after the padkontrol and it outlasted it.

I will say this, if you want a maschine, save your money and buy a maschine.
    i have found that if i bought something less expensive then what i originaly want i won't be very pleased with it ;]. In all cases that's my advice to you!
    I love the akai's, their sturdy and nice to play around with!

good luck !!!

*Edit* the sync button mapping needs to be mapped carefully, you can map your pads to three modes, something like hold,trigger and something else i can't recall! *Edit*

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    I guess thanks? I did search but didn't find that nugget. I guess I'd get a less dickish response if I just posted a "What's the best controller" thread intstead of a very specific quetion about a very specific function?
    hahaha! wonderful response.

Tech Mentor

Thanks again. Maschine looks like alot of fun but I'm really trying to focus on learning the ins and outs of Ableton and wanted something to use alongside my S4 for Traktor. Maschine is out of my pricerange until next year and I'd easily get sidetracked with it. I had to snap myself out of my want for shiny fancy toys and think about what I really needed and realized that I just want more pads than my LPD8 and a few extra faders and knobs would be nice. For $160 it fits my needs and budget, untill next year muahhaha ha ha (*rubs hands together*).

I wanted a Maschine also.. But i got a good deal on my MPD, ordered a set of cork and pads for it from mpcstuff.. I love the thing.. Possibilities are through the roof. I havent even begun to mess with a mapping for Traktor but you have lots of options thats for sure!

MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast