Reloop Terminal Mix 4 + VDJ. Help needed !
    Tech Wizard

Default Reloop Terminal Mix 4 + VDJ. Help needed !

hey guys, so i know sod all about mapping and im getting confused by the way the channels are set out 3124 rather than 1234 and i cant work out how to change the effects the fx knobs/button affect, would someone mind telling me all the key's in the mapper i need to change for this and the script in which i need to put in each individual one?

heres two pictures from the mapper at the points that i think the things i need to change are to help you see what im looking at:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/problem2a.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/problem1r.png/

thank you!!!

for the effects that should be fine, what it is doing is only operating on the effect loaded in the particular slot

effect 1 active

this means effect slot 1 toggle on/off, it doesn't matter what effect is loaded as vdj always substitutes the effect name for the slot number when you script like that, the benifit is that you can change the loaded effect easily on the skin or mapping "effect 1 select +1" or "effect 1 select -1" to buttons.

The other method you can use is to name a specific effect to a knob or a button which doesn't matter if the effect is in a slot or not with "effect 'effect_name' slider 1" eg

"effect 'flanjet' slider 1"
    "effect 'crusher' active"
    "effect 'beatmasher_single' button 2"

In regard to changing the order of the controller you can use the following formula on all the controls of the mixer

action_deck 3 ? control for deck 1 : action_deck 1 ? control for deck 2 : action_deck 2 ? control for deck 3 : action_deck 4 ? control for deck 4

eg for the low eq

action_deck 3 ? deck 1 eq_low : action_deck 1 ? deck 2 eq_low : action_deck 2 ? deck 3 eq_low : action_deck 4 ? deck 4 eq_low

all the controls you should need are

eq_high
    eq_mid
    eq_low
    volume
    gain
    crossfader_assign 'left'
    crossfader_assign 'right'
    crossfader_assign 'thru'
    load
    select
    pfl

the fastest way to do everything is in a text editor using 'find and rename' then paste it in the action box in the mapper, although this is fairly short so you can probably manually edit it just as easily
    Last edited by synthet1c; 05-27-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

thanks mate your a lifesaver!

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Reklusive
    hey mate, been working out using effects and stuff and think i got down the right times to use the ones i want and how to use them, my question now is what in the script (reloop terminal mix 4 mapper) do i change to get the fx knob to control more than 1 parameter in for example the echodoppler effect if it was in for example effect slot 3? and also just wondering if you decided on buying the tm4 yet and if so what you think of it too, havent had a chance to talk to anyone else with it yet :P
    hey bro, nah don't have the cash at the moment, and just saw the price in Aus... it's $850... i think i'd rather get a VCI-400 as they only cost $50 more and the controls feel a little better than my old digital jockey 3, but havn't touched the TM4 yet...

Anyway onto mapping lol...

if you want to map multiple effect sliders to the same knob, the same amount in the same position it is just

effect 'echodoppler' slider 1 & effect 'echodoppler' slider 2

if you want to get a little more indepth you can split the knob up using

"param_smaller 50% ? true : false" it just means if the knob is below 50% do the true action, if higher than 50% do the false action eg.

you can also scale the sliders relative to the knob with "param_multiply" eg
    param_multiply 50% - will half the distance of the sliders movement
    param_multiply 200% - will double it

If you want to reverse the direction of a slider you can use "param_invert"

the last piece you need is to move the start location of the slider in relation to the knob with "param_add" then you put them all together to move the sliders the way you want eg. this should move slider 1 in the first half then slider 4 the filter in the second half (I'm a but rusty so it may need a little playing around lol)

param_greater 0% ? effect 'echodoppler' active on & param_smaller 50% ? param_multiply 200% & effect 'echodoppler' slider 1 : param_add 50% & param_multiply 200% & effect 'echodoppler' slider 4 : effect 'echodoppler' active off

If you want to manipulate any two sliders you can literally just rename the effects and see what combo's you can come up with

Also can't remember if your using a pc or mac... if it's pc I prefer the "ramp delay" effect over "echodoppler" as you can use 3/4 size which sounds much better than 1/2 or 1 beat, but remember it's a stretching delay so don't change the size while it's running unless you want to pitch the echo out... and if you want to filter it out just pair it up with the vst qb_filter as a highpass, it sounds amazing if you go slow the as resonance of the filter gets echoed giving a white sound while filtering out the lows. I was working on the pioneer scene effects before starting my skin and made some really cool combos, just bidding on a novation nocturn so I can map them out on a dedicated controller, that can take the place of my efx1000 if I get it
    Last edited by synthet1c; 06-05-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!