APC 40 mapping Traktor 2 multi page clip layout
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default APC 40 mapping Traktor 2 multi page clip layout

EDIT 4: Version 3.1 on page 3 sorry it messed up the save

Ok so i've been doing my research on this and thought instead of adding to extremely long posts on this subject that i would ask my questions outright in order that the information is separated.

Basically i understand how to assign buttons knobs and led's with feedback loops etc. but no-one has quite made everything controllable that i would want. for example if i get all four decks then i lose out on cue points or full eq loses out on effects. i have tried about 4-5 different tsi files and they all have their merits but they are also not cross compatible, i would pull apart the Red Mapping that is on YouTube as he seems to have done what i am requiring but i cannot find it posted anywhere.

So here is what i want to know:

as i understand it having the apc in dumb mode stops there being any "Bank selection" toggle.

1. so i would like to try and create 5 "pages" of the apc's clip launch. in doing so i would need a button to be on for which ever page i wanted to select, possibly the Scene Launch buttons but preferably the track selection at the bottom.

The idea being to have:
    Page1: Deck A only
    Page2: Deck B only
    Page3: Deck C only
    Page4: Deck D only
    Page5: All 4 decks as in the Andre Detoxx or Raising Cane tsi's, (This function has been scrapped in the TSI as it needs a midi translator)
    this way i can be aware of all 4 decks play functions and basic loops but if i want to use effects and or cue points and loops etc i can have full toggle functionality on any individual deck.
    i would want this then to change the knobs with the same button to be controlling the parameters of these decks and corresponding effects, i assume this is done with modifiers..?

2. i'd like to do is have the knobs on a send state loop to avoid soft crossovers and to have the led's show the position, i am told this has issues on pc systems but i couldn't find the fix anywhere and i tried a .tsi that uses it... the only thing i noticed was the knobs were jerky but i didn't hear any "crackle" that i read about can someone expand on this please and maybe post the fix?

My system is:
    Rampage III extreme MB
    I7 980x
    12GB dominator GT RAM
    and an Audigy 2
    Running dual screen from a Geforce 450 GTS, but that shouldn't matter for audio
    so there is nothing here that means my system will not handle anything i throw at it (except perhaps usb 2 bandwidth)

3.Oh and before i post this one other thing to say, i noticed that some people split their tsi files up and have for example Mixer, Deck A, Deck B, Fx as standalone maps inside the tsi do modifiers then work across all for example if i put a modifier in Mixer control and then make something in Deck A do something if that modifier is putting out a 1 will it trigger in Deck A too or do i have to write the modifier into each of the pieces separately effectively having 6 or 7 modifier 1 in's for the same Key on the apc?

hope that makes sense...

gonna try to make it all work whilst i await a reply.

EDIT: I've attatched the FINISHED 2.1 TSI here and the jpeg of the mapping to go with it

EDIT2: Got the jpeg slightly wrong it's ACBD for faders vol and pitch fixing it now, t'was very late when i was doing it. Fixed, this post now has correct jpeg

EDIT3: Version 3 and jpeg on Page 3 including EQ Kills and Previewload/unload and seek

Comes complete with correct LED light sync for EQ, Filter and Effect Amounts.
    Last edited by nonspacial; 05-13-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Ok so i've been at this for hours now and i'm getting quite lost... i can't tell if my apc is in Standard mode or not?

i put it in dumb mode yesterday and i've had my computer on all night and day, apc has been unplugged both power and usb and computer restarted. basically the track selections send a learnable message on their respective CC's but the F3 (1st cell) just stays on Channel 01 F3. doesn't matter if i hold the other button or not..?

have tried them as modifiers and just as buttons to select deck but once i start adding more modifiers i lose either play on all decks, it switches between decks and plays or i don;t have led feed back which is mod 1 = 0 with no modifier actually mapped... help

I love this page idea you have here.

If you can get this page thing you are talking about working, please let me know as this is very relevant to my interests.

As far as modifiers go, I can't tell if they are specific to each individual midi device, or if they are global. In my .tsi, I have different modifiers in each midi device, but they are all mapped to the shift key as a hold function. I'm not sure if it's necessary to have multiple modifiers that are essentially the same thing, or if I can get away with just one, but the way I looked at it was this:

If i want to have a shift modifier for my mute functions, I made one within the "EQ Kills" midi device. If I then wanted to use that same shift key to control the cue knob to browse a folder, I made another one in the "Browser midi device". It keeps things easier to diagnose for troubleshooting, but it could be completely unnecessary.

I'm not quite sure how to deal with knobs and the send states just yet, but I'll post one of the links I found that have some info on knobs. Hopefully it's of some use concerning your second question.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...088#post151088

Please keep us updated on this! If you can get this page thing worked out, it'll open up a world of possibilities for some really sweet stuff. Well, for me at least!

before reading an further i have sussed it and am laughing at how easy it really is... tsi will be coming soon.
    1 draw back i can't have the extra 4 deck page so it's only 4 pages... but it's working nicely... i will be posting the tsi as soon as it's all mapped but i will need someone to look at my LED's and tell me why they light up then go off when i've pushed em... bah.... always a niggle in't there

Try making a send monitor state IN instead of OUT for the led's.

got them working pretty ok now with the invert switch, but it's not on everything, just tried a random send monitor state in from a knob and it went all jerky so i've left it as is for now... almost ready for a beta post.

Ok so here is the crude 1st version of this page flip map... i say crude as i am not nearly using all of the apc yet. for instance there is nothing mapped to the activator, solo or record arm buttons nor the send A,B,C, Pan, nor the 8 buttons above the cross fader here is a basic run down of what you have here:

Cross fader = cross fader

Cue Knob = Browser search toggle thing scroll mejazz

and Play button above cross fader toggles browser full screen view

Scene launch buttons

1-4 are your page selectors, they select the deck that all the controls on the matrix work. The matrix is top half mapped to the selected deck, and so you get a page flip.

The 5th button sets your deck to MASTER DECK

From top left in matrix:

1 Sync (red)

2 Play (red/flashing green),

3 Set and unset Loop (orange),

4 button next is Modifier 3 and allows you to delete Hot cues (must be held)

5 Next 8 buttons that are orange filling up the right hand side of the matrix are the hot cues 1-8, press to set hold to play and use hold MOD3 and press to delete.

6 back to the left 2nd row down:

7 Red buttons on left FX1,2,3 on (deck select active) so it will only turn on the deck you are actively in (green when on) Fx4 is the 4th along and 3rd down also Red (green when active)

8 then you have for both FX1&2 an on button for 2 parameters green and orange (flashing when on) 3rd row and 4th row 2nd and 3rd along.

9 and the bottom row of the matrix has 3 on's for FX3 green, orange and red.

10 Back up under the hot cues you have the same for FX4

11 and under that you have a square for Filter on and off, this is not deck select but from left to right Deck A,B and under C,D, these will be visible for all decks on all decks.

12 Then on the Clip Stop row you have 1-4 monitor cue toggles and then miss one button and you have load track to deck A - D (column 6-9, deck D is Stop all clips)

If you then hold shit and use the same 4 buttons it unloads the respective deck.

So that's the easy bit out of the way...

Faders:

2 states: 1 with shift one without.

No Shift as follows:

1 Volume Deck A- 2 Pitch Deck A - 3 Volume B - 4 Pitch B - 5 Volume C - 6 Pitch C - 7 Volume D - 8 Pitch D Master is Master Volume

Hold Shift as follows:

This is backwards cos i didn't realize about 1&2

Left to Right:

Hold Shift 1 FX3 param Selector1 - 2 FX3 Param Selector2 - 3 FX3 Param Selector3 - 4 FX4 Param Selector1 - 5 FX4 Param Selector2 - 6 FX4 Param Selector3 - 7 FX1 Param Selector - 8 FX2 Param Selector

got it... simple so far eh....

So now This is the bit that will get you going woah shit that's cool....
    YOUR APC MUST BE IN STANDARD MODE FOR THIS TO WORK PROPERLY.

IN OTHERWORDS TURN IT OFF AND ON AGAIN IF YOU'VE STARTED ABLETON SINCE IT WAS SWITCHED ON.

So your wondering what about the knobs... well...

You notice it has a green light on for track select 1 on your apc.

so if your in standard mode these work like banks for the lowermost knobs near the cross fade... yup the ones with the nice box around them and the track selections, so i have setup 3 banks so far as follows and seeing as there are 9 it's pretty limitless as to what can become knob controlled this way.

Bank 1 including top knobs too.

Very Top EQ High A, EQ High B, EQ High C, EQ High D
    Next to Top EQ Mid A, EQ Mid B, EQ Mid C, EQ Mid D
    these are static whatever state you are in.

These are not.

Top of bottom: EQ LowA, EQ Low B, EQ Low C, EQ Low D
    Bottom: Filter A, Filter B, Filter C, Filter D
    Bottom holding Shift: Loop Length, Gain (Deck Select), Monitor Mix, Monitor Volume

easy enough remember you need to be in Bank 1 for those.

Banks 2&3:

So here is where your effects parameters are: BAnk 2 is FX 1 & 2 and Bank 3 is FX 3&4

Put simply there are 6 knobs of 8 assigned and they control the amount of the selected parameter on the given effect.

so it is

Bank 2

Top: FX1 Param 2, FX1 Param 3, FX2 Param 3, FX 2 Param2
    Bottom: FX1 Param 1, Blank, Blank, FX2 Param 1

Bank 3:

Top: FX3 Param 2, FX3 Param 3, FX4 Param 3, FX4 Param2
    Bottom: FX3 Param 1, Blank, Blank, FX4 Param 1

So that's where i'm at so far with this have a look gimme some feed back and join in the fun...

i'll make a jpeg maybe tomorrow but i probably want to play with my new toy for a bit first now it's mapped finally.

laters

Robbie

EDIT: I have found a few bugs already and updated the tsi here accordingly any other bugs you find please let me know.
    Last edited by nonspacial; 05-10-2011 at 09:20 PM.

cool. will check this out... so basically you have mapped the matrix to be deck a, b, c or d depending on what track select button you have activated - right?

this is pretty neat because i wanted to do the same except - i wanted page 1 = traktor and page 2 = resolume...

thanks in advance... will let you know how it works for me once i get a minute this week...

Here is an updated mapping with faders and knobs not in shift mode now being ordered differently as follows

Faders Left to right
    Deck A Vol, Deck A Pitch, Deck C Vol, Deck C Pitch, Deck B Vol, Deck B Pitch, Deck D Volume, Deck D Pitch.

Knobs:
    Top: EQ High A, EQ High C, EQ High B, EQ High D
    3rd: EQ Mid A, EQ Mid C, EQ Mid B, EQ Mid D
    2nd: EQ Low A, EQ Low C, EQ Low B, EQ Low D
    Bottom: Filter A, Filter C, Filter B, Filter D

also fixed is the correct direction to turn knob with shift modifier on loop select (normally Filter A)

and the play button now flashes orange when waiting to play or paused and green when flashing when playing, then at 30 secs left f track will start flashing red.

bare in mind that these are still deck specific so if you're not in the right deck it won't change colour.

and the Hotcue buttons now stay lit but i'm working on their state changes.

EDIT: added Beat Sync to Sync button by holding MOD3 which is the 4th one across the top and is red.
    Last edited by nonspacial; 05-10-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shanefontane View Post
    cool. will check this out... so basically you have mapped the matrix to be deck a, b, c or d depending on what track select button you have activated - right?

this is pretty neat because i wanted to do the same except - i wanted page 1 = traktor and page 2 = resolume...

thanks in advance... will let you know how it works for me once i get a minute this week...
    I think that if you want to control 2 progs with 1 controller you need to isolate the controller and messages using midiyoke and another program.... i read something somewhere, but basically you'll end up with 1 key doing both functions simultaneously otherwise and the page system won't work.

i think if you isolate it out then it will flip prog when the prog is active and out when your in the other... but i'm not sure, i think you might be better off with 2 computers midi synced with 2 apc's which is ofc more money etc...

but isolating the controller means they are not selected in the device list but instead the input outputs which makes for strange feedback joy i'm sure on the led's.

to my understanding you can't set a midi button to toggle progs so u will stil have to use alt+tab or a mouse to change your controls even with isolated controller. i could be completely wrong.

good luck with it though.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast