APC 40 mapping Traktor 2 multi page clip layout - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Tech Convert

You're doing amazing work here, it's helping to allow the APC to be the controller it should be in the first place. Thanks so much.
    You meantioned the Stop clips button for use with ableton, are you using the APC to control both at the same time?

Hi Sean, I'm about to upload a new version that has been remapped for Traktor version 2.1.2 as the FX Macro's don't remember with every update they do. but the dual program thing is impossible without an intermediate program called Bomes Midi Translator and there is no cracked version of this so i had to buy it for £70 off their website. The thing with it is only the new version is capable of separating signal flows 1.7 for windows and 1.6 for mac as it has multiple virtual midi ports. if you buy this program i will happily send you the project file for it with instructions on how to use it.

peace dude.

Default Version 7.2 Fixed for Traktor 2.1.2

Updated and reconfigured FX Macros with future updates planned. jpeg to match.

enjoy

Tech Convert

Amazing work! I feel like this is really unlocking the potential of the apc. You mentioned using the stop clips with ableton, are you using one controller to control traktor and ableton?

Default Version 8.0 beta (Fixed for Traktor 2.1.2)

Right so you inspired me to go deeper with this sean and i started messing with it alot in the last couple of days and in doing so noticed that NI had changed the way in which knobs interact depending on what CC they must send and a couple of knobs actually stopped working... back tracking this i discovered that knobs on the apc can no longer function as direct buttons if they are created in traktor now and if the old assignment is clicked and viewed in the controller manager (which is what i must have done). This has posed 2 problems since i have now fixed it, The APC knobs will not work as Fader\Knob in direct mode only as relative, so all Knobs and Faders are relative. That is the first problem, the second is that the APC although is lovely and i'm not selling it for any reason, the LED ring is not detailed enough to actually see what is going on CC value wise and i think that NI have put middle of their knobs not on a whole number with the result that it is nigh on impossible to hit 0 on any knob anymore. That said i always overdrive my bass and treble to get a clean change over and punch between tracks.

So in this beta (because of the next part) all knobs are relative and you will have to turn them all the way round both directions multiple times for it to pickup the beginning and end of the CC output. it will the first time move from 0 on the apc to anywhere and push the knob in traktor and then stop until you catch up with it... on all states before you start.
    Also of note here if you change the slider values in traktor for say an effect, say using a button.. hint hint, then the next time you go to look at the 'state the apc knobs are for that effect the knobs will work as i have just said so you will have to reset these before bringing in the effect or deal with it quickly, especially if it's the dry/wet knob. (I will be playing around with this for a while to see if rewriting them helps at all for direct input but it might be a NI problem.

So. I have moved the States for FX 2 and 3, swapped them over so Bank/State 2 is now FX1 dry/wet,para1,para2,para3 on top and FX3 dry/wet,fxamount 1, fx amount 2, fx amount 3 on the bottom and the same in Bank/State 3 FX2 on top F4 underneath. this way you can control a single/advanced effect whilst controlling a group effect at the sametime in either case.

There is now a Beatmasher section which i have copied the basics from the Midi Fighter to implement it on the APC i chose to use the Activator buttons to do it as they toggle on and off and when experimenting with the clip launch buttons they were more accurate and consistent.

to access this you will need to be in Bank/State 1 and press the clip/track button under your EQ Low for Deck A. If it is lit then you are in Beatmasher mode and you should see FX 1 is Beatmasher 2. Then use the first 4 activator buttons to start at 1/4's on button 1 1/8's button 2, 1/16's on 3 and 1/32's on 4. if you press them in order like this then you must use Button 1 to cancel all the other button resetting the effect and if you use any of the other 3 seperately then you must turn them off individually. i have found it interesting to use the Effect Button 2 seperately on the main clip launch to make the rolls more airy but felt it was better to have control over this being on or not.

There are then 3 more combo buttons on the bottom row Record Arm buttons and 3 reverse sweeps for these effects on the Solo/Cue buttons above them. The 2nd activator button does not turn off the FX unit on's that it creates on your focused deck you must do this manually .

The 3rd Solo/Cue button is purely FX3 & 4 dry/wet sequential reduction and so can be used to take out an effect smoothly without affecting your sound but can also be stopped at any point during it's sweep down by deactivating the Solo/Cue button. the other 2 are specific to their Record/Arm buttons underneath.

These are all the buttons on the left hand side of the APC.

If the Clip/Track button is lit on state 1 then you are in this mode and your eq kills will not work until u release it.

There are still a couple of bugs here that i'm trying to iron out but i'd like some feed back on it none the less.

I'm considering ditching the 3rd State altogether atm and i'd really like your opinion, basically i've worked out in all this that i can change the entire APC with modifiers of buttons that turn on and off i.e the activators the Clip/track etc. and this means that the APC has (8x8)+4+24=92 switches which is a ridiculous number of switches give or take a few because the 'detail view' and 'rec quantisation' buttons are not. but anyway... uit would be possible with not much work to have all 4 FX controllable by knobs all at the same time, so have FX 1&3 on the top 8 knobs and 2&4 on the bottom for example, and at a switch of a button in that state you could have back your filters and your high notes. similarly you could do away with the 2nd and 3rd states and have Device on/off or the 2 arrow keys to change the states of the top and bottom sets on state 1 without having to compromise eq or filter in the same way ever again.

The top example allows you to have a 1 button switch over by leaving the single button on on that state you could just hit bank 1 or 3 to switch between them but the 2nd offers bass changes and FX control or filter sweeps and FX control at the same time... your thoughts please worls... let the experiment continue.

No Jpeg yet just TSi files it's 7am and i haven't been to sleep yet it aint happenin til i've made the final choices and smoothed some shizz out.

Please download and tell me what you think

Quote Originally Posted by seannash View Post
    Amazing work! I feel like this is really unlocking the potential of the apc. You mentioned using the stop clips with ableton, are you using one controller to control traktor and ableton?
    I can use ableton and traktor on 1 controller yes but as i said it's another 70 quid you can then use JackOSX for mac or Jack for Windows to route the audio thrrough in either direction ableton to traktor or traktor to ableton, not simultaneously, but with a single switch over in traktor you can go between external and internal mixing mode which you setup the inputs from jack router and do the same in ableton with a 2nd output and you can flick them around all you like.

you can actually use as many programs as your computer will handle running at the same time with Bome's and any midi controller, i run Grand VJ ableton and traktor seperatley from 1 apc if i'm in the mood and have projectors at hand.

ok it's screwed, took it to mates last night and all the fx are wrong rset buttons etc i'm going to overhaul it all but i'm away fpr the next 3 days if i get a chance i'll upload it asap maybe with a list of controller mappings and dropdowns to set if i have to.

Default 8.1 remapped all knobs to work properly in traktor 2.1.2

Please do the following in Controller Manager before you start:

1. Sort by Mapped to
    2. Scroll down to Ch05.CC.016
    3. Click Effect 1 Select, check is Tape Delay
    4. Click Effect 2 Select, Phaser Pulse
    5. Effect 3 Select, Gater
    6. Effect select FX1 is Delay T3

if any are wrong then most likely all will be wrong but check Ch05 CC017 to be sure they should be:

Effect 1 Select: Delay
    Effect 2 Select: Flanger Pulse
    Effect 3 Select: Filter 92: Pulse
    Effect Select FX1: Gater

If they are right then get on with setting your knobs and mixing if not comprehensive list of the rest you will need to assign below:

Ch05.CC.018 FX2&4
    Effect 2 Select: Flanger Pulse
    Effect 3 Select: Filter 92: Pulse
    Effect Select FX2: Gater

Ch05.CC.019 FX2&4
    Effect 1 Select: Tape Delay
    Effect 2 Select: Phaser Pulse
    Effect 3 Select: Gater
    Effect Select FX1: Delay T3

Ch05.CC.020FX1&3
    Effect 1 Select: Reverb
    Effect 2 Select: Filter 92: Pulse
    Effect 3 Select: Iceverb
    Effect Select FX1: Delay

Ch05.CC.021 FX1&3
    Effect 1 Select: Reverb T3
    Effect 2 Select: Delay
    Effect 3 Select: Reverb
    Effect Select FX1: Delay

Ch05.CC.022 FX2&4
    Effect 1 Select: Reverb T3
    Effect 2 Select: Delay
    Effect 3 Select: Reverb
    Effect Select FX2: Delay

Ch05.CC.023 FX2&4
    Effect 2 Select: Filter 92:Pulse
    Effect 3 Select: Iceverb
    Effect Select FX2: Delay

Ch03.Note.F3

FX1
    Effect Select FX1: Transpose Stretch

FX2
    Effect Select FX2: Delay T3

FX3
    Effect 2 Select: Flanger
    Effect 3 Select: Gater

FX4
    Effect 2 Select: Bouncer
    Effect 3 Select: Delay T3

obviously these can all be set to whatever you wish and these are the controls to do it.

There is one other you should check Ch01.Note. A#3 Effect Select should be Beatmasher 2 if you want to use the Beatmasher buttons described in a post above.

Mac users just set input and output to APC40 not midiyokes which you don't have.

Tech Convert

I appreciate ur help with this, I've got some homework on my plate to get to before i get back into this too heavily, but I like what you're doing with the state changes giving more detailed control of all the FX controls at once, and then switching to the filter state to have all the filters controlled.

I almost feel like i have two theories about apc mapping, one very closely follows ur approach to having everything mapped out completely using the insane amount of controls the apc offers, and it seems like ur recent mapping is the epitome of that philosophy, something i would utilize when using traktor as one part of a live band/show, to have maximum control over what i'm playing.

On the other hand, I want to be able to do filter sweep while i'm working the beatmasher and building up a reverb effect, all basically at the same without using modifiers etc, to give me more access to different types of controls, sacrificing more detailed control of FX parameters, so I can be rockin it and also playing a beat pad or keyboard and not be tripping over all my buttons just to get the sound back to clean when i switch to the next song, if u know what i mean.

In my own mapping I'm only using two decks and have the activator/solo/rec buttons as on/off controls for different fx parameters, very similar to how you map the beatmasher to the activator buttons, with the knobs giving detailed control of the fx a la Subcussion's mapping. http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...911#post419911. In this way I'm trying to get the push-button knob-turn insta-mash that i can rock on without too much effort.

"it would be possible with not much work to have all 4 FX controllable by knobs all at the same time, so have FX 1&3 on the top 8 knobs and 2&4 on the bottom for example, and at a switch of a button in that state you could have back your filters and your high notes. similarly you could do away with the 2nd and 3rd states and have Device on/off or the 2 arrow keys to change the states of the top and bottom sets on state 1 without having to compromise eq or filter in the same way ever again."

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, but it would be cool to have 1 state/set of controls with a mix of filter and FX controls, as well as the full-on control of them individually in the other states.

I've been looking for a bomes torrent for ages now, i'm a student and can't really justify spending the money on it, but i've been resourceful and have traktor working as an external instrument in live, using the hanz apc 64_40 script (http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/p/apc-64-40.html ) to send midi notes to traktor, but this leaves me confined to the matrix grid and any controls that i feel like giving up from the ableton interface.

As I'm writing this I've aquired a version of Bome's, so if you could post the project file it would help very much.

Anyway thanks for the reply, it's great having many heads working on something rather than one. I'm just starting up school again for the semester so once I get back in the groove of things I should have some more time to play with your mappings.

what version of Bome's have u got i only found 1.6 for free b4 and it doesn't have the midi router u need to split the apc to different cables by preset... all the info and the very 1st presets can be found here... http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic...nspacial#p8964 u want the last one's labelled testing sysex: they split traktor and ableton so u can see how but without 1.7 you can't do it... also PC or MAC? but they're not fully working as when u switch back to Traktor the knobs stay in ableton for state 1 as they are both on midi channel 1 so the APC internally only remembers 1 state, all other states are hidden to ableton and so are remembered fine, it's purely low and mid eq's for all decks, i'm working on it now before i upload a new template with other states in ableton like direct drum rack etc. the Eq's only react in traktor as soon as you move them but it is not clean by any standards. and if you want to see the lights light up properly switching back to traktor you have to use a Send Monitor State In which means a hotcue for you, i have just added the stop all clips button myself as just that function on my traktor mapping here to accomodate and as nothing goes through to ableton in the traktor preset it works fine. ableton will refresh everything as the shift button will send it's Sysex as soon as ableton is activated... put some clips in ableton to see the change happen easier.

i'll make up a version with the fx controls on modifiers for u to see what i mean and the entire EQ and Filters ARE available when in beatmash mode the modifier is purely changing the beatjump and EQ Kills on the buttons mentioned there is nothing mapped under that modifier for the knobs, i am working on moving the mix volume and aux to a modifier similar to the beatmasher but a different button as i am running ableton from the headphone monitor and back through the aux to preserve a deck and to have control over it without holding down a button

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast